New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu

Wednesday, March 5th, 2014 1:52am CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 23,060

We've seen them in their BotShot (or BeCool, rather) forms, but it's now time to take a look at the full sized samurai team! Seibertron.com is proud to present three new installments in its highly detailed galleries, featuring the Takara Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu, and their Micron partners! Click on any of the images below to view the whole gallery, each of which includes the combined form out of the three variations featuring the 'top' robot.

Transformers Go! Kenzan

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu

Transformers Go! Ganoh

Transformers Go! Jinbu

Transformers Go! Zan

Transformers Go! Gan

Transformers Go! Jin

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu (1555162)
Posted by Amelie on March 5th, 2014 @ 3:24am CST
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu (1555280)
Posted by Seibertron on March 5th, 2014 @ 12:31pm CST
Amelie wrote:These look like fun toys. Ryan - after having these in hand, are they a lot better than originally thought?

Yes and no. I liked the individual robots more than I thought I would and the odd upper leg/lower torso areas didn't bother me quite as much once I had them in hand. Prior to owning them, I thought the pay off with these would be the combined modes which I found to be very disappointing. They stay together fairly well, but the limited poseability and frustrating combined mode transformations with Japanese instructions made the combined modes not enjoyable to me. The inability to turn the heads of the combined mode also was a big disappointment (though I knew this going in).

While I didn't put batteries in my figures, I was very impressed by the electronics of these guys from the YouTube videos that I watched. Very elaborate. Almost too much so for what these figures were.

They're some of my least favorite figures from the Transformers line. I would love to know more about the origins of these toys. As we've discussed on the Seibertron.com podcast, it seems like these figures were intended for another transforming toy line such as Brave. It is very obvious that a designer spent a crazy amount of time working on these but unfortunately they just didn't turn out that great in the end.

Ultimately, I'm just bummed that this is the best that they can come up with for Combiners. I don't understand why Combiners are such a difficult concept for Hasbro and Takara these days. Pretty much everything 1992 and on has been a disappointment for combiners.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu (1555284)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 5th, 2014 @ 12:58pm CST

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu (1555287)
Posted by Seibertron on March 5th, 2014 @ 1:06pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:I feel it should be pointed out that, in the show at least, the combined weapon made by Kenzan's swords, Jinbu's longsword, and Ganoh's spear is only used by GoGanoh. GoKenzan uses Kenzan's two swords while GoJinbu uses Jinbu's longsword.

I feel it should be pointed out that that's not what the instructions show. They show all 3 using the combined weapon. I added Kenzan's swords to the combined weapon just because I thought it looked cool.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu (1555289)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 5th, 2014 @ 1:10pm CST
Seibertron wrote:

Interesting. Guess the show makers decided to do their own thing.

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu (1555290)
Posted by Seibertron on March 5th, 2014 @ 1:16pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Now I wonder why they chose GoGanoh to be the lucky one of the three who got the special weapon. :-?

Maybe because Ganoh and GoGanoh are, in my opinion, the best of all of these figures. :D

Ganoh has the most traditional looking robot mode with the upper legs, kind of reminds me of a Bulkhead type figure. GoGanoh is also probably one of the best of the combiners as well.

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu (1555311)
Posted by hinomars19 on March 5th, 2014 @ 3:05pm CST
Seibertron wrote:

Go Ganouh is the best of the 3 for look, except the spindly legs. For a really awesome combiner you need Ganoh as the top and the legs :D

How was GoGanoh for posing leg wise? The articulation is there, but I can't get him to stand at all...the joints in Jinbu are just so loose on mine he falls over due to the legs just turning and sprawling all over the place :-( Also, non of my combined modes can hold the weight of the shield because the arm joints are loose.

Also, the instructions show kenzan's weapons as part of the combined weapon. Although it feels quite clumsy. Honestly I wish Kenzan's swords were a lot bigger, too.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu (1555360)
Posted by ZarenPRIME on March 5th, 2014 @ 6:40pm CST
i really like these. they look like so much fun. I need to order. Wonder if Hasbro will bring them here to the US? :BOT:
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu (1555364)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 5th, 2014 @ 6:53pm CST
ZarenPRIME wrote:I need to order. Wonder if Hasbro will bring them here to the US? :BOT:
Most unlikely.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu (1555388)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 5th, 2014 @ 7:47pm CST
Ah, Officer Barbrady, Jimbo, and Hot Spice. We meet again.

The galleries seem to do them more justice than every other time I've seen them. Their combined modes still look disproportional.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu (1555430)
Posted by Emerje on March 5th, 2014 @ 11:14pm CST
The line is hit or miss, but I really like it as a whole. Of the seven Autobots I'd probably put Ganoh as #1, but Optimus Exprime would be a close #2 (no potty jokes, please :P). His train and bot modes are good, and if you ignore the instructions you can make a very good dragon mode out of him. The bottom of the list would be Sensuimaru. His bot mode is the worst (which is really saying something), his shark mode is like a sub shaped like a shard rather than a robot shark (the other two aren't a tank shaped like a lion or a jet shaped like a bird), and GoSensui has really weird forearms.

If I were to rank them It's probably be:

1) Ganoh
2) Optimus Exprime
3) Hishoumaru
4) Gekisoumaru
5) Kenzan
6) Jinbu
7) Sensuimaru

All of the Predacons are awesome, though.

Emerje
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu (1557911)
Posted by Va'al on March 16th, 2014 @ 10:58am CDT
As I resist the urge to make a joke along the lines of 'How to train your dragon', Seibertron.com is proud to present another Takara Transformers Go! gallery - get your triplechanging goodness in the images below, click on any of them to view the full galleries to check out the Micron Ex and Optimus ExPrime in all their garish glory!

Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime

Transformers Go! Ex

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu (1557941)
Posted by craggy on March 16th, 2014 @ 1:13pm CDT
I still think those Go! Combiners look really good. I even like the weird Prime. I'd have them all at Hasbro prices, sadly with the cancellation of the 3-packs I had to pass on them.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu (1557946)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 16th, 2014 @ 2:02pm CDT
Va'al wrote:As I resist the urge to make a joke along the lines of 'How to train your dragon'...

Oye vey :roll:

I'm just in love with that toy, I'll probably never get a proper chance to get him. :sad:
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu (1557948)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 16th, 2014 @ 2:08pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Oye vey :roll:

If you think that's bad, you should see our staff emails. The puns are endless. For example, when we were doing our Toy Fair coverage... "Toy Far CoverAge (of Extinction)". :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu (1557950)
Posted by Va'al on March 16th, 2014 @ 2:17pm CDT
TILL ALL ARE PUN.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu (1557952)
Posted by Siger on March 16th, 2014 @ 2:41pm CDT
Va'al wrote:TILL ALL ARE PUN.

Hahaha that's so punny! Anyhoo back on topic, I'm not optimus about this ex line. They just look like a horrible mechs! Sorry to be a negatron...
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu (1557954)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 16th, 2014 @ 2:50pm CDT
Any more puns and you can consider yourself Sharkticon food.

Anyway, nice fan-made dragon mode sir. Works better than the official one.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu (1557956)
Posted by Siger on March 16th, 2014 @ 2:56pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Any more puns and you can consider yourself Sharkticon food.

Anyway, nice fan-made dragon mode sir. Works better than the official one.

whaaa? I'm scared! I think I'm gonna star screaming if that happens! :sad: Iron hide in a corner and not come out anymore. :DANCE:
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu (1557960)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 16th, 2014 @ 3:13pm CDT
Siger wrote:

Anyway, nice fan-made dragon mode sir. Works better than the official one.

Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Class Steelbane" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Mega Turbo Changer Dragonstorm C0934 15”" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie B-127 Deluxe Class Studio Series SS-70" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Series Lot. Opened. Optimus Prime, Havoc, Wheelie, Skids and" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class SIDESWIPE Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Weaponizer Dragonus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers QUINTESSON DESEEUS Army Drone Netflix WFC Walmart Exclusive In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "MIB~JAPAN Takara Transformers G1 D311 Black Zarak COMPLETE Headmasters scorponok" on EBAY