Tuesday, October 29th, 2019 2:16pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 41,629

Following up with our recent galleries of the Titans Return Decepticon Triple Changers, we have their Japanese-market counterparts from Transformers Legends! These figures were released in Japan as part of the Legends line, which was a set of figures released under the Generations imprint in the U.S., but with premium paint jobs and often, more cartoon accurate paint. This would be one of the last lines Takara would do with decos that differed from their Hasbro counterparts, before the brand unification that sees all figures released between both markets with identical tooling and decos.

Additionally, two of these figures, Blitzwing and Octane, came with Big Fight (a redeco of Titan Master Ramhorn's vehicle) and Titan Master Ghost Starscream, respectively.

Please enjoy these high quality galleries from the hands (and camera) of Seibertron himself and start tuned to Seibertron for upcoming galleries of Siege Ratbat, Rumble, Rung, and the fifth Ghostbuster, Ectotron!

Transformers Legends Blitzwing (181 Images) - Voyager Class

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Legends Astrotrain, Blitzwing, Octane, Ghost Starscream, and Big Fight

Transformers Legends Headmaster Blitzwing (55 images) - Headmasters

Transformers Legends Big Fight (51 images) - Mini-Cons

Transformers Legends Octane (168 images) - Voyager Class

Transformers Legends Headmaster Octane (41 images) - Headmasters

Transformers Legends Ghost Starscream (78 images) - Headmasters

Transformers Legends Astrotrain (129 images) - Voyager Class

Transformers Legends Headmaster Astrotrain (44 images) - Headmasters

This article was last modified on Tuesday, October 29th, 2019 2:24pm CDT

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Legends Astrotrain, Blitzwing, Octane, Ghost Starscream, and Big Fight (2043307)
Posted by aronjlove on October 29th, 2019 @ 8:14pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Legends Astrotrain, Blitzwing, Octane, Ghost Starscream, and Big Fight (2043321)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on October 30th, 2019 @ 5:06am CDT
aronjlove wrote:I really dig my Octane w/ Murk and Ghost Starscream and I wish I had picked up Legends Blitzwing when I saw a good price but I do not like that Astrotrain. Not a fan of the train mode at all, neither on Astrotrain nor on Nemesis Prime. I just don't see what everyone else does in that figure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For that particular Nemesis Prime, it was a *lot* of folks update for Scourge from RiD200/Car Robots (admittidadly the TGS exclusive RTS/HftD Laser Prime repaint was pretty good). Combine that with the Baldigus repaint of Combiner Wars Bruticus and you had the best articulared representation of the decepticons from that show.

As for Astrotrain, I think it was more for the color representation and the fully painted head. The shuttle wasn't bad with actual paint on it. The cybertronian train was very reminiscent of the Omega Supreme half from Energon.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Legends Astrotrain, Blitzwing, Octane, Ghost Starscream, and Big Fight (2043322)
Posted by durroth on October 30th, 2019 @ 5:11am CDT
SpikeyTigertron wrote:

I think he meant sentinel safetycone prime
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Legends Astrotrain, Blitzwing, Octane, Ghost Starscream, and Big Fight (2043323)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 30th, 2019 @ 7:05am CDT
durroth wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:

I think he meant sentinel safetycone prime

Yeah that was my impression as only Sentinel Prime was redecoed from the Astrotrain mold. I was impressed that they went back to IDW Stormbringer for the design of TR Astrotrain, it was really good to see.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Legends Astrotrain, Blitzwing, Octane, Ghost Starscream, and Big Fight (2043324)
Posted by durroth on October 30th, 2019 @ 7:14am CDT
I would love to see that mold in nemesis prime colors now just out of curiosity. It might even look good (at least in spaceshuttle mode)
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Legends Astrotrain, Blitzwing, Octane, Ghost Starscream, and Big Fight (2043329)
Posted by aronjlove on October 30th, 2019 @ 9:49am CDT
SpikeyTigertron wrote:

See that's the kind of historical information that I come to this site for. I appreciate the history lesson! And as an owner of a couple of Takara Legends, you aren't kidding about the paint. I freaking love my Octane.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Legends Astrotrain, Blitzwing, Octane, Ghost Starscream, and Big Fight (2043330)
Posted by aronjlove on October 30th, 2019 @ 9:51am CDT
durroth wrote: I think he meant sentinel safetycone prime

Yeah, that was my mistake. Big ol' Orange Sentinel Prime. Although now that he is getting some more love in the new IDW comic he's become little more interesting to me.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy HEAT SCRAMBLE Transformers Starter Set TFD-00" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters - BLOWPIPE (NEW)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES WARRIOR MACE MASH GNAW (062)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sludge Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY