Monday, May 20th, 2013 4:47pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 46,425

The Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Galleries roll on! Today we have the latest two figures from the Voyager Class, Ultra Magnus and Grimwing!

Ultra Magnus makes brilliant use of the Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Voyager Optimus Prime mold with extensive retooling, new colors, and accessories, which include the Forge of Solus Prime. This retool works especially well since so many fans use the First Edition Voyager Optimus Prime in their displays.

Grimwing is the latest addition to the Predacon ranks. According to the Transformers panel at Toy Fair earlier this year Grimwing is an Ursagrpyh, rather than a generic dragon. He comes with Blackbeak, a semi sentient weapon/drone.

Enjoy the full galleries by clicking any of the images or links found below:

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultra Magnus

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe and Voyager Class

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe and Voyager Class

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe and Voyager Class

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe and Voyager Class

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Grimwing

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe and Voyager Class

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe and Voyager Class

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe and Voyager Class

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe and Voyager Class

This article was last modified on Monday, May 20th, 2013 4:50pm CDT

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus and Grimwing (1488999)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 20th, 2013 @ 4:53pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus and Grimwing (1489003)
Posted by NovaSentinel on May 20th, 2013 @ 5:09pm CDT
Excellent galleries as always! Just FYI, there is a little piece that flips out to fill in the hole under Ultra Magnus' chest plate.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus and Grimwing (1489006)
Posted by Mkall on May 20th, 2013 @ 5:16pm CDT
Nice Pics as always Seibs! To date Grimwing is my favourite Predacon.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus and Grimwing (1489008)
Posted by El Duque on May 20th, 2013 @ 5:40pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:wth is an Ursagryph anyway? Anybody know? He does have some resemblance to G1 Birdbrain.

I've been trying to recall what they told us during the panel. I know they said it was a cross between a bear and some other animal, a falcon maybe?
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus and Grimwing (1489009)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 20th, 2013 @ 5:43pm CDT

Never fear, mythical creature expert is here! ;)

An ursagryph is the fusion of a bear and a falcon, similar to hair a gryphon is a fusion of a lion and an eagle.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus and Grimwing (1489010)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 20th, 2013 @ 5:44pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

Bear and a griffon, maybe?

Upon Google searching "ursagryph", "ursagriff", etc., articles relating to this toy are the most ubiquitous results.

Sounds like something Hasbro just made up.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus and Grimwing (1489011)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 20th, 2013 @ 5:46pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

Again, he's half bear, half eagle, half lion? Please tell me Hasbro wasn't cereal with that. :lol:
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus and Grimwing (1489013)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 20th, 2013 @ 6:02pm CDT
Best I can tell "ursagryph" is not an actual mythological creature. Seems like it's supposed to be essentially a griffon with a bear in place of the lion part.

Incidentally, the Hippogriff (which is similar to the "ursagryph") doesn't appear to be a true 'classical' mythological critter, either, rather it seems to have been created in the middle of the Renaissance (i.e. several centuries, if not millenia, after the griffon and other classic beasts were 'born').
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus and Grimwing (1489014)
Posted by DEMEXICONZ on May 20th, 2013 @ 6:04pm CDT
How bout some pictures of magnus in truck mode without the wings? :grin:
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus and Grimwing (1489020)
Posted by MGrotusque on May 20th, 2013 @ 6:31pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus and Grimwing (1489029)
Posted by RAcast on May 20th, 2013 @ 7:23pm CDT
monstergrotusque wrote:This is the first time i've seen Grimwing. He's impressive. His crossbow gun thingy reminds me a lot of the gargoyle crossbows that the Evil Horde figures came with in the MOTU line.

It may very well homage MOTU. It wouldn't be the first MOTU nod in the line (See: Bulkhead-at-arms)
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus and Grimwing (1489056)
Posted by Metrosuplex on May 20th, 2013 @ 11:15pm CDT
When will these appear at local retail???? :sad: I'd love to pay $20 @ Target, rather than $30+ at online shops!

Here's hoping they make their way to stores soon! =P~
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus and Grimwing (1489064)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on May 21st, 2013 @ 12:51am CDT
Oh Grimwing looks sweeeet.

Loving how he's a Ursagryph. Wish he had a Bear's Head instead of a "Falcon" head. But that's the Alaska in me. I like Bears.

We need more Bearformers.

Bears.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus and Grimwing (1489066)
Posted by Seibertron on May 21st, 2013 @ 1:09am CDT
MasterSoundBlaster wrote:Oh Grimwing looks sweeeet.

We need more Bearformers.

Bears.

Amen to that.

A true "ursagryph" should have some elements of a bear. If it's got wings, then it should have a bear head. If it has other bear features, the other features should compliment the bird it is suppose to represent. Fuzors pulled this off really well. While I love Grimwing, it fails at being an "ursagryph" to me with it lacking any actual bear features in my opinion.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus and Grimwing (1489069)
Posted by yourtransformersneed on May 21st, 2013 @ 1:13am CDT
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus and Grimwing (1489071)
Posted by Metrosuplex on May 21st, 2013 @ 1:29am CDT
yourtransformersneed wrote:I am pretty excited for Ultra Magnus, I really like RID Prime and I think Hasbro did a great job remolding the figure. There is enough new parts on Magnus that makes him feel like a new character rather than a remold of an existing one. The winged jetpack is pretty cool looking. I wonder if it'll fit on the RID Prime and make that figure look more like the new Beast Hunters version. Do we have an estimated retail date yet for the new voyagers? I have a feeling it will be pretty soon and I wouldn't be surprised if I see them on shelves by mid June.

I agree. The RID Prime is a pretty sweet mold! :x I'm not too keen on the robot design (kibble windshields on his chest???), but the ALT mode is solid!

As much as I like seeing it used for Magnus like this, would it be too much to ask for a trailer??? Optimus seems half-finished without his trailer... :sad: I'd much rather have a trailer to interchange between Magnus and Optimus.

You think June release? With how poorly these Voyagers seem to sell, I worry about stores missing entire waves. I was holding my breath for the Voyager Shockwave for a while, and even now, it's hard to really tell he's hit stores around here! :-(
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus and Grimwing (1489072)
Posted by Seibertron on May 21st, 2013 @ 1:36am CDT
MetroSUplex wrote:

Any reason why you guys don't order these online?
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus and Grimwing (1489075)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on May 21st, 2013 @ 1:52am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
MasterSoundBlaster wrote:Oh Grimwing looks sweeeet.

We need more Bearformers.

Bears.

Amen to that.

DAAAAAAAAAAAA Bears. :lol:

Anyways, I think it's because of online pricing, shipping, all that stuff. Same reason I don't order much.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus and Grimwing (1489080)
Posted by Regimus Prime on May 21st, 2013 @ 3:36am CDT
Can't wait to get my hands on Manbearpig (South Park), I mean Grimwing. Don't know if I'll pick up the Ultra Magnus yet. I've already got most of the Transformers Prime RID figures and until I know for sure after watching the upcoming season three episodes, which characters are actually gonna appear and get remolds I'll pass. :BOT:
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus and Grimwing (1489091)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 21st, 2013 @ 6:17am CDT
MetroSUplex wrote:

1) Optimus has only used a trailer once, in MECH's debut episode.

2) Ultra Magnus will probably go the same route and pull a very Ultra Magnus-y trailer only once in the series.

Why make a trailer when it doesn't even appear in fiction more than once, compared to the daily happenings with Generation One Optimus Prime?

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Legends series LG23 Galvatron Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG04 Roadbuster Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Computron Exclusive Complete Loose Rare Technobots" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series LG11 Chromia Figure Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Legends Ghost Starscream Takara Combiner Wars Ex" on EBAY
Buy "Deadlock Transformers Legends  Takara Tomy" on EBAY