New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce

New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce

Monday, April 6th, 2015 4:16am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 37,089

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The Transformers franchise is currently all abuzz with Combiner Wars, so Seibertron.com has decided to take some time to showcase some earlier combiners too, and quite an update to our galleries and the fandom it is. They've shown up in the IDW comics (in Empire of Stone and the cover of this week's MTMTE), they're linked to the recent Masterpiece Star Saber figure - time to feast your optics and receptors on Liokaiser and the single Breastforce members: Leozack and Lionbreast, Drillhorn and Hornbreast, Guyhawk and Hawkbreast, Hellbat and Kōmoribreast, Jallguar and Jaguarbreast, Killbison and Bisonbreast!

Not only is the full set really quite expensive (the box set alone goes for $750 to $1,800 depending on the condition), it's also really hard to find them now in good condition, and to get the stickers to stay put due to the age of the adhesive and the toys - Seibertron took all his time and care to apply and reapply them for the galleries. And if that wasn't enough, Killbison is made of the extremely fragile gold plastic.

So, all that said, sit back, scroll down, click on any of the images below, and let us know what you think of Liokaiser and the team members of the Breastforce below. And who knows, maybe we can get Hasbro or Takara to include them in a late Combiner Wars re-imagining...


Victory Liokaiser

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce


Victory Leozack

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce


Victory Gaihawk

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce


Victory Hellbat

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce


Victory Jarugar

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce


Victory Killbison

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce


Victory Drillhorn

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce


Victory Lionbreast

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce


Victory Hawkbreast

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce


Victory Komoribreast

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce


Victory Jaguarbreast

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce


Victory Bisonbreast

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce


Victory Hornbreast

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce (1671673)
Posted by RhA on April 6th, 2015 @ 4:38am CDT
Glorious.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce (1671679)
Posted by Jeen0808 on April 6th, 2015 @ 5:01am CDT
More combiner galleries, eh? 2001's Robots in Disguise Landfill, anyone?
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce (1671680)
Posted by ausbot on April 6th, 2015 @ 5:04am CDT
This needs to be re-issued like now but with better paint jobs on the single figures heads, and with a bonus Deathcobra.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce (1671695)
Posted by Rated X on April 6th, 2015 @ 6:32am CDT
The "breast force" ? :lol:

Nice galleries as always, but what were they thinking ? That was the sake talking I guess...
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce (1671700)
Posted by Desslok2201 on April 6th, 2015 @ 7:12am CDT
ausbot wrote:This needs to be re-issued like now but with better paint jobs on the single figures heads, and with a bonus Deathcobra.

I was really hoping that this was going to be Encore #24- I thought Fort Max being rereleased meant anything was possible
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce (1671702)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 6th, 2015 @ 7:19am CDT
Rated X wrote:The "breast force" ? :lol:

Nice galleries as always, but what were they thinking ? That was the sake talking I guess...


Our English is used a bit differently in Japan, a bit more liberal in overall definitions (like "smart" for "small"). Besides, it doesn't really refer to mammary glands per se, more like to their transforming Breastplates (yes, they are called that, and they do exist!).

Good to see the God of Combiners being in the spotlight in the galleries. :APPLAUSE: This deserves a video:

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce (1671735)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 6th, 2015 @ 8:51am CDT
Liokaiser was the best combiner of any 1980's Transformers fiction, being the only combiner who wasn't shown off all at once, but rather, was built up little by little over time, with each of his components getting some focus before the last member finally arrived and the time came for all of them to combine for the very first time, in which we got an epic fight scene that had Liokaiser actually come very close to winning. And every time he would return, he was virtually unbeatable. 8)
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce (1671743)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 6th, 2015 @ 9:20am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Liokaiser was the best combiner of any 1980's Transformers fiction, being the only combiner who wasn't shown off all at once, but rather, was built up little by little over time, with each of his components getting some focus before the last member finally arrived and the time came for all of them to combine for the very first time, in which we got an epic fight scene that had Liokaiser actually come very close to winning. And every time he would return, he was virtually unbeatable. 8)


Talk about real character development despite being a kids(?) show.Poor Cobra.......
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce (1671750)
Posted by Seibertron on April 6th, 2015 @ 9:38am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Liokaiser was the best combiner of any 1980's Transformers fiction, being the only combiner who wasn't shown off all at once, but rather, was built up little by little over time, with each of his components getting some focus before the last member finally arrived and the time came for all of them to combine for the very first time, in which we got an epic fight scene that had Liokaiser actually come very close to winning. And every time he would return, he was virtually unbeatable. 8)


Talk about real character development despite being a kids(?) show.Poor Cobra.......



Poor Deathcobra indeed ...

Image
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce (1671751)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 6th, 2015 @ 9:39am CDT
Hey, any chance we'll see their European Autobot Counterparts? Their names suck though:

Rescue Force (Leozack)
Rescue Force 1 (Killbison)
Rescue Force 2 (Jallguar/Jarugar)
Rescue Force 3 (Drillhorn)

Big Rescue Force (Liokaiser)
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce (1671759)
Posted by Seibertron on April 6th, 2015 @ 10:06am CDT
Jeen0808 wrote:More combiner galleries, eh? 2001's Robots in Disguise Landfill, anyone?


They're on my list hopefully for later this year. I've got them pulled out of storage right now so that I can do their galleries at long last along with all of the other Constructicon galleries that are missing aside from the initial Constructicons and the Micromaster Constructicons.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce (1671760)
Posted by Seibertron on April 6th, 2015 @ 10:11am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Hey, any chance we'll see their European Autobot Counterparts? Their names suck though:

Rescue Force (Leozack)
Rescue Force 1 (Killbison)
Rescue Force 2 (Jallguar/Jarugar)
Rescue Force 3 (Drillhorn)

Big Rescue Force (Liokaiser)


You bet! Except I don't think I'm going to go with those ridiculous names (other than Big Rescue Force). It's obvious from those absurd names, as well as how they were portrayed in their one fictional appearance, that the writer had no idea what he was doing. "Rescue Force Jet Type", for example, will suffice similar to the unnamed Hasbro Powerdashers, which technically go by Powerdasher Drill Type, etc.

I also finished up the 13 necessary galleries for the Multiforce which includes Landcross, the 6 individual Multiforce members, and the 6 primary combinations (such as "Wingwaver" and "Waverwing") along with 1 shot of their other combinations along with using the reissue for the combination with itself (i.e. "Wingwing", "Dashdash" and so on).

The Rescue Force and the reissue Multiforce are next on my list, followed by Masterpiece Star Saber.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce (1671764)
Posted by ScottyP on April 6th, 2015 @ 10:19am CDT
Victory has been assaulting my eyes, ears, hands, and face (somehow) over the past couple weeks. I feel so out of the loop, having never watched the series. :oops:

To that end, just bought the Shout DVD set of Victory off Amazon. I'll be in on these jokes and such soon. Well, probably not soon, but within a few months.


Edit: Can someone explain to me where Lio"kaiser" comes from? See below for source of this question.
Image
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce (1671783)
Posted by Seibertron on April 6th, 2015 @ 11:00am CDT
ScottyP wrote:Edit: Can someone explain to me where Lio"kaiser" comes from? See below for source of this question.
Image


The English names of many of the Victory characters, along with many other Japanese Transformers, are complicated by the Engrish on the boxes, the pronunciations in the shows, and the translations of their Japanese names. Other conflicting names are Minerva (Minelba), Jallugar (Jarugar or simply Jaguar depending on who you ask), Deszaras versus Deathsaurus, Brestforce versus Breastforce, Gaihawk versus Guyhawk, Liokaiser (pronounced like a "kaiser" roll) versus Road Caesar (pronounced like Julius "Caesar"). Other honorable mentions with screwy names and/or spellings are the Trainbots and the Dinoforce members. I don't have a specific answer to your question. As for the spellings on Seibertron, I usually do a bit of research first, and then list them based on what appears to be the most common acceptance of their name. It's not perfect, but it seems to work for the most part.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce (1671786)
Posted by Seibertron on April 6th, 2015 @ 11:04am CDT
The real question I have is ... what the heck happened to their non-breastplate weapons? It's obvious to me that they were planned to have a secondary weapon at some point. This image from one of the Million Publishing books shows an image of what appears to be their individual weapons as well as a weapon similar to the weapon Liokaiser has in the cartoon. The combination aspect of these weapons is very similar to the combination of the Multiforce figures as well. It's a bummer that this set doesn't have these weapons ... it would be an even better set than it already is if they had them.

Image
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce (1671787)
Posted by ScottyP on April 6th, 2015 @ 11:07am CDT
Seibertron wrote:The real question I have is ... what the heck happened to their non-breastplate weapons? It's obvious to me that they were planned to have a secondary weapon at some point. This image from one of the Million Publishing books shows an image of what appears to be their individual weapons as well as a weapon similar to the weapon Liokaiser has in the cartoon. The combination aspect of these weapons is very similar to the combination of the Multiforce figures as well. It's a bummer that this set doesn't have these weapons ... it would be an even better set than it already is if they had them.

Image

Just speculation (obviously, I hope), but maybe those were the plan and then they went to the Breastforce weapons? Maybe they were going to be "DX Micromasters" like Landcross with melee weapons to counter their blasters and things changed? Only logical explanation I can come up with other than budget.

Those weapons and their combination reminds me a great deal of the ones that came with the Cyberverse sized Beast Hunters Predacons.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce (1671793)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 6th, 2015 @ 11:15am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
ScottyP wrote:Edit: Can someone explain to me where Lio"kaiser" comes from? See below for source of this question.
Image


The English names of many of the Victory characters, along with many other Japanese Transformers, are complicated by the Engrish on the boxes, the pronunciations in the shows, and the translations of their Japanese names. Other conflicting names are Minerva (Minelba), Jallugar (Jarugar or simply Jaguar depending on who you ask), Deszaras versus Deathsaurus, Brestforce versus Breastforce, Gaihawk versus Guyhawk, Liokaiser (pronounced like a "kaiser" roll) versus Road Caesar (pronounced like Julius "Caesar"). Other honorable mentions with screwy names and/or spellings are the Trainbots and the Dinoforce members. I don't have a specific answer to your question. As for the spellings on Seibertron, I usually do a bit of research first, and then list them based on what appears to be the most common acceptance of their name. It's not perfect, but it seems to work for the most part.


It takes a bit Latin know-how for the "Caesar" part. You see, Victory actually used two pronunciations for that word:

1) For Liokaiser, the archaic correct "kaisar" (from which the German "Kaiser", Dutch "Keizer" and even Russian "Czar" are derived). In Japan that's rendered as カイザー (kaizā)
2) For Road Caesar, the more common English "seezah". Rendered in Japanese as シーザー (shizā)

Both are considered "correct", depending who you ask. The first one is used more often in mecha anime in various English spellings, like "Kizer".
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce (1671794)
Posted by ScottyP on April 6th, 2015 @ 11:17am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:It takes a bit Latin know-how for the "Caesar" part. You see, Victory actually used two pronunciations for that word:

1) For Liokaiser, the archaic correct "kaisar" (from which the German "Kaiser", Dutch "Keizer" and even Russian "Czar" are derived). In Japan that's rendered as カイザー (kaizā)
2) For Road Caesar, the more common English "seezah". Rendered in Japanese as シーザー (shizā)

The first one is used more often in mecha anime in various English spellings, like "Kizer".

I knew I could count on you! Cool stuff, and it makes my brain happy. Thanks :)
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce (1671820)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 6th, 2015 @ 12:03pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:It takes a bit Latin know-how for the "Caesar" part. You see, Victory actually used two pronunciations for that word:

1) For Liokaiser, the archaic correct "kaisar" (from which the German "Kaiser", Dutch "Keizer" and even Russian "Czar" are derived). In Japan that's rendered as カイザー (kaizā)
2) For Road Caesar, the more common English "seezah". Rendered in Japanese as シーザー (shizā)

The first one is used more often in mecha anime in various English spellings, like "Kizer".

I knew I could count on you! Cool stuff, and it makes my brain happy. Thanks :)


Informally we use the different spellings (German vs. Latin) to differentiate between pronunciations. It's not as bad as "Gregevor" or "Rartorata" thankfully :lol:
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Victory Liokaiser and the Breastforce (1671822)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on April 6th, 2015 @ 12:13pm CDT
I agree. This could really use a reissue. I would buy it in a heart-beat for its uniqueness. Ah well... until then, I have the cruddy dime store knock off...

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
Twincast / Podcast #275:
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Timelines #3 Botcon 2008 Shattered Glass VF/NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Starscream 9" Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Viper Legends Figure MOSC New!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Robots i Disguise animated toy lot Bumblebee Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Factory TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee And Optimus Prime Plush" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Legends Class Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE SIDESWIPE, Beeside Combiner 2017." on EBAY