Transformers News: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread

Saturday, November 10th, 2018 8:16PM CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 18,722

Seibertron.com continues its galleries with new ones for Transformers War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (aka Flywheels). You can click on any image below to be brought to a myriad of images showing you these toys in both their modes at different angles and poses and all the possibilities of the C.O.M.B.A.T. system which includes some COGCEPTION action. Also, you will find a lot of comparison images which is something more and more in demand due to this being the second or third go at these characters in a classics line. For instance, we can see Hound compared to the Universe 2.0 and Combiner Wars release, which looks immense by comparison.

These toys are starting to appear at Targets in the US and should be easier to find the closer we get to Black Friday and the late holiday season.

War for Cybertron: SIEGE Cog (196 images) - Weaponizers

War for Cybertron: SIEGE Hound (130 images) - Deluxe Class

War for Cybertron: SIEGE Sideswipe (143 images) - Deluxe Class

War for Cybertron: SIEGE Skytread (159 images) - Deluxe Class

Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993537)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 10th, 2018 @ 8:28pm CST
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993538)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 10th, 2018 @ 8:29pm CST

I smell a photo contest brewing :-D
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993540)
Posted by Nickster563 on November 10th, 2018 @ 8:36pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:So I scored Lionizer and the airstrike and military teams today at my local target, the micromasters still give me the joy I had when mini-cons first rolled up onto the scene. The little brown tank guy doesn't seem to wanna turn into tank mode due to the gray heels not linging up with his body, and the combined rocket launcher mode is pretty weak. But on their own, they're really great. The airstrike team is awesome, and the dark star saber mode is awesome. Lionizer is really fun, and I do actually like the effect he comes with, it allows for a certain level of dynamism from displays, that it wouldn't achieve without it.

Wait micromasters being found in the us? I dont think thats been reported yet before!
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993541)
Posted by Lore Keeper on November 10th, 2018 @ 9:00pm CST

Good sir, might I inquire as to which state you currently occupy? The US is a big place afterall.
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993542)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 10th, 2018 @ 9:07pm CST
Lore Keeper wrote:

Illinois
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993543)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on November 10th, 2018 @ 9:21pm CST
william-james88 wrote:You can click on any image below to be brought to a myriad of images showing you these toys in both their modes at different angles and poses and all the possibilities of the C.O.M.B.A.T. system which includes some COGCEPTION action.

:-D
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993546)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 10th, 2018 @ 11:05pm CST
Nice galleries, particularly Cog. And good that for Hound's gallery you remembered Universe Hound this time. Now if you could just get in a comparison of Siege Optimus and Combiner Wars Optimus :-P

Can Gasket or Grommet seat Titan Masters/Prime Masters as-is? Gasket looks to have a peg that might be compatible for them to stand on but even that I can't be sure of.
Also, would still like their measurements if someone could please oblige me.

Seibertron wrote:
crash8burnt wrote:Hasbro has been known to be G1 toy accurate and of poor QC, while Takara is Cartoon accurate and of better QC

The QC issue between Hasbro and Takara has been debunked and refuted countless times. It's in the imagination of fans and is not fact.

THANK YOU. I really wish this myth would go away, I know I blocked at least one person on here because they were incessantly whining "Waa Waaa Hasbwo pwastic am dollar store KO plastic waaa!"

I remember perusing the Legends thread and seeing as much griping over inconsistent QC is I saw praise. Particularly regarding Super Ginrai.

If my information is correct, it's Takara who oversees the factories for both theirs and Hasbro's releases, so...
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993547)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on November 10th, 2018 @ 11:23pm CST
The new gallery for Siege Hound has pretty much made up my mind. I'm going to pass on Siege Hound. It's not that it doesn't look like a great figure (and really, it looks awesome), but I think my Autobots: Specialist repaint of Universe 2008 Hound is still the best G1 Hound update available. The only flaw that figure has is the weird yellow painted optics. I fixed that by swapping the clear blue light-piping plastic between the Specialist version and the Universe version. Now I've got a great Hound with cartoon accurate colors, paint apps, and blue eyes!

Seeing that Universe 2008 Hound and Siege Hound are pretty much the same height was enough for me. Universe 2008 Hound was always a little undersized compared to many of his Deluxe Class contemporaries from Classics, Universe, and the earlier years of Generations, due to some of his plastic allocation going to the additional Ravage accessory figure (which, too, is still one of the best renditions of G1 Ravage we have in figure form that's not a Masterpiece figure). That has paid off in the long run for the Universe Hound mold as he fits right in with the smaller Deluxes from recent years, scaling perfectly with any Deluxe Class figure from the Prime Wars trilogy or from the new War for Cybertron: Siege line.

If all one had was the Universe 2008 Hasbro release of Hound, though, I'd not think it a bad choice to "upgrade" to Siege Hound. The green color is so much better on the new Siege figure, compared to the pea soup green plastic from 2008. The Henkei version from Takara, I think, still edges out the new Siege version, though.

I'm really interested to see what Hasbro and Takara can do with Mirage. That's another figure where I think the Autobot: Specialist set gave us a nearly perfect G1 deco on a nearly perfect G1 updated sculpt. Siege Mirage will have to blow me away to if I'm going to replace Specialist Mirage in my collection.
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993550)
Posted by Seibertron on November 11th, 2018 @ 2:10am CST
Last month at New York Comic-Con 2018, Hasbro held a Transformers War for Cybertron SIEGE unboxing event for a small group from the Transformers "Press". The products available for us to unbox were Wave 1 Deluxe Class (Cog, Sideswipe, Hound and Skytread), Voyager Class (Optimus Prime and Megatron), Micromasters (Air Strike Patrol, Battle Patrol and Race Car Patrol) and Battle Masters (Lionizer, Firedrive and Blowpipe).

At the time, this was our first time seeing Megatron, Skytread and Blowpipe, which was really cool since they had not been publicly unveiled yet. We were able to open up the toys from their packages, transform them, pose them and takes lots of pictures and videos to share with all of you at a later date.

Most of these pictures and videos have been outdone by in-hand pictures and videos of the figures since they started hitting retail in the past week. However, seeing all of these products in-hand in one video alongside multiple versions of the same toy is still pretty cool, especially for a new product line.

Later in the day, the Decepticons such as Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brunt, Refraktor (Reflector), Shockwave and Starscream were also unveiled which can be seen in this news article from NYCC 2018. If you would like to see more images of the Autobots, you can see Ultra Magnus, Ironhide, and Chromia who were revealed this past summer at SDCC 2018, which you can view here.

Below is a small sample of the 140+ image gallery below. You can click on any of those images to view the full gallery. In addition, you can watch our video from the event below from Seibertron.com's YouTube Channel.

If you've missed out on our recent War for Cybertron galleries, you can view the War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class galleries and Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Megatron galleries.

Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993553)
Posted by Cyberpath on November 11th, 2018 @ 2:33am CST

Sideswipe looks really nice. Even though Hasbro cheaped out on his weapons.

I will enjoy it and other figures through people's pix however, since this is very similar to the MP line in smaller scale. But looking forward to the ones I do have on pre-order!
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993562)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 11th, 2018 @ 5:08am CST
I really wish I could have been in that room :lol: it looked like an awesome time.
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993568)
Posted by steve2275 on November 11th, 2018 @ 6:23am CST
look like fun was had by all
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993576)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on November 11th, 2018 @ 9:48am CST
Man that must have been excellent. :SG-CONS:
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993593)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 11th, 2018 @ 12:58pm CST
The new War for Cybertron Siege Micromasters have just been found at retail. With the Battle Masters, voyagers and deluxes already found at retail, that makes the leader class the only class left to be found at retail in the US. Yesterday Seibertron user Hellscream9999 nabbed the Airstrike Patrol and Autobot Battle Patrol. They were found at a Target in Oswego, Illinois using the DPCI: 087-16-3983. Thanks to the reciept, we see the price to be $9.99. Speaking of prices, private souces have confirmed that the MSRP for this line is the same as for the Studio Series meaning that the MSRP for deluxes is $19.99, $29.99 for voyagers and $49.99 for leaders. Retailers of course can price them as they wish so prices may vary.

Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993595)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on November 11th, 2018 @ 1:15pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:The new War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster's have just been found at retail, bringing the sightings for wave 1 to a close, as the rest of the wave 1 had been found recently. Yesterday Seibertron user Hellscream9999 nabbed the Airstrike Patrol and Autobot Battle Patrol. They were found at a Target in Oswego, Illinois using the DPCI: 087-16-3983.

micromaster fun.jpg

receipt.jpg

I know I'll be getting them.
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993597)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 11th, 2018 @ 1:18pm CST
Wireless_Phantom wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:So what do you make of these little guys? Let us know your thoughts and whether you'll be purchasing them in the comments below.

I know I'll be getting them.

They're pretty great, the knee's really put them over the top; They're pretty dense too, the airstrike sword is actually really heavy
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993599)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 11th, 2018 @ 1:28pm CST
Lionizer's a lot of fun, but I wish you could hold it like a rifle, because the blade seems really stubby compared to the hilt, more like a bayonet than a full fledged sword... the 'swooshing' effect is great though, he definitely changed my mind on them for the melee weapons at least
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993600)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 11th, 2018 @ 1:33pm CST
I maaay get the Air Strike guys cos i had the original Micromasters (I won them from the Marvel UK comic when they did a competition) but I certainly won't use them in that goofy sword mode (the Star Saber from Armada was bad enough... what idiot thinks a bunch of smooshed jets could possibly work as a sword? There's so many things wrong with that and this combined form here just looks like Storm Cloud flew right into the back of Whisper) and they chose my fave two from the team of four for this double pack though Storm Cloud doesn't look great in either mode (the original toy looked better).
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993603)
Posted by william-james88 on November 11th, 2018 @ 1:35pm CST
Continuing with new galleries for War for Cybertron SIEGE, we now bring you galleries for Battle Masters Blowpipe, Firedrive and Lionizer. These little guys are at the core of the line since they provide both the firepower and blast effects for you to recreate the War for Cybertron. Each effect can be added to the weapon to simulate it firing or it can be used creatively across your bots, like to show someone getting shot or even simulate the speed of the small Micromaster cars (Lionizer's effect is perfect for that).

While the Battle Masters are meant as a recreation of the Target Masters (all of these being new molds and not rereleases of Takara's recent offering of Target Masters), Hasbro uses this size class to bring back other aspects of this line's history such as Lionizer who is a modern version of the transforming accessory that came with the Action Master Rad. You can see a comparison between the two below.

Clicking on any of the following images will bring you to the full gallery of each Battle Master, enjoy!

War for Cybertron: SIEGE Blowpipe (150 images) - Battle Masters

War for Cybertron: SIEGE Firedrive (162 images) - Battle Masters

War for Cybertron: SIEGE Lionizer (88 images) - Battle Masters

Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993605)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 11th, 2018 @ 1:46pm CST
Having a couple of those Lionizers be SS Lockdown's Steeljaws for sure.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Hun-Gurrr - Blot - Cutthroat - Sinnertwin Vintage Figs Abominus G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SDCC POTP Throne of the Primes Optimus Primal Bumblebee Bag MIB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Reissue Walmart Minibot Set Outback Bumblebee Swerve Tailgate" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 1 Step High Octane Bumblebee Age of Extinction AOE Rare New NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Age of Extinction, Deluxe Dinobot Slash NISP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction AOE One-Step - Bumblebee High Octane *MOSC*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  The Movie Iron Hide" on EBAY