Saturday, November 10th, 2018 8:16pm CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 25,915

Seibertron.com continues its galleries with new ones for Transformers War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (aka Flywheels). You can click on any image below to be brought to a myriad of images showing you these toys in both their modes at different angles and poses and all the possibilities of the C.O.M.B.A.T. system which includes some COGCEPTION action. Also, you will find a lot of comparison images which is something more and more in demand due to this being the second or third go at these characters in a classics line. For instance, we can see Hound compared to the Universe 2.0 and Combiner Wars release, which looks immense by comparison.

These toys are starting to appear at Targets in the US and should be easier to find the closer we get to Black Friday and the late holiday season.

War for Cybertron: SIEGE Cog (196 images) - Weaponizers

Transformers News: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread

War for Cybertron: SIEGE Hound (130 images) - Deluxe Class

War for Cybertron: SIEGE Sideswipe (143 images) - Deluxe Class

War for Cybertron: SIEGE Skytread (159 images) - Deluxe Class

Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993537)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 10th, 2018 @ 8:28pm CST
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993538)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 10th, 2018 @ 8:29pm CST

I smell a photo contest brewing :-D
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993540)
Posted by Nickster563 on November 10th, 2018 @ 8:36pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:So I scored Lionizer and the airstrike and military teams today at my local target, the micromasters still give me the joy I had when mini-cons first rolled up onto the scene. The little brown tank guy doesn't seem to wanna turn into tank mode due to the gray heels not linging up with his body, and the combined rocket launcher mode is pretty weak. But on their own, they're really great. The airstrike team is awesome, and the dark star saber mode is awesome. Lionizer is really fun, and I do actually like the effect he comes with, it allows for a certain level of dynamism from displays, that it wouldn't achieve without it.

Wait micromasters being found in the us? I dont think thats been reported yet before!
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993541)
Posted by Lore Keeper on November 10th, 2018 @ 9:00pm CST

Good sir, might I inquire as to which state you currently occupy? The US is a big place afterall.
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993542)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 10th, 2018 @ 9:07pm CST
Lore Keeper wrote:

Illinois
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993546)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 10th, 2018 @ 11:05pm CST
Nice galleries, particularly Cog. And good that for Hound's gallery you remembered Universe Hound this time. Now if you could just get in a comparison of Siege Optimus and Combiner Wars Optimus :-P

Can Gasket or Grommet seat Titan Masters/Prime Masters as-is? Gasket looks to have a peg that might be compatible for them to stand on but even that I can't be sure of.
Also, would still like their measurements if someone could please oblige me.

Seibertron wrote:
crash8burnt wrote:Hasbro has been known to be G1 toy accurate and of poor QC, while Takara is Cartoon accurate and of better QC

The QC issue between Hasbro and Takara has been debunked and refuted countless times. It's in the imagination of fans and is not fact.

THANK YOU. I really wish this myth would go away, I know I blocked at least one person on here because they were incessantly whining "Waa Waaa Hasbwo pwastic am dollar store KO plastic waaa!"

I remember perusing the Legends thread and seeing as much griping over inconsistent QC is I saw praise. Particularly regarding Super Ginrai.

If my information is correct, it's Takara who oversees the factories for both theirs and Hasbro's releases, so...
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993547)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on November 10th, 2018 @ 11:23pm CST
The new gallery for Siege Hound has pretty much made up my mind. I'm going to pass on Siege Hound. It's not that it doesn't look like a great figure (and really, it looks awesome), but I think my Autobots: Specialist repaint of Universe 2008 Hound is still the best G1 Hound update available. The only flaw that figure has is the weird yellow painted optics. I fixed that by swapping the clear blue light-piping plastic between the Specialist version and the Universe version. Now I've got a great Hound with cartoon accurate colors, paint apps, and blue eyes!

Seeing that Universe 2008 Hound and Siege Hound are pretty much the same height was enough for me. Universe 2008 Hound was always a little undersized compared to many of his Deluxe Class contemporaries from Classics, Universe, and the earlier years of Generations, due to some of his plastic allocation going to the additional Ravage accessory figure (which, too, is still one of the best renditions of G1 Ravage we have in figure form that's not a Masterpiece figure). That has paid off in the long run for the Universe Hound mold as he fits right in with the smaller Deluxes from recent years, scaling perfectly with any Deluxe Class figure from the Prime Wars trilogy or from the new War for Cybertron: Siege line.

If all one had was the Universe 2008 Hasbro release of Hound, though, I'd not think it a bad choice to "upgrade" to Siege Hound. The green color is so much better on the new Siege figure, compared to the pea soup green plastic from 2008. The Henkei version from Takara, I think, still edges out the new Siege version, though.

I'm really interested to see what Hasbro and Takara can do with Mirage. That's another figure where I think the Autobot: Specialist set gave us a nearly perfect G1 deco on a nearly perfect G1 updated sculpt. Siege Mirage will have to blow me away to if I'm going to replace Specialist Mirage in my collection.
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993550)
Posted by Seibertron on November 11th, 2018 @ 2:10am CST
Last month at New York Comic-Con 2018, Hasbro held a Transformers War for Cybertron SIEGE unboxing event for a small group from the Transformers "Press". The products available for us to unbox were Wave 1 Deluxe Class (Cog, Sideswipe, Hound and Skytread), Voyager Class (Optimus Prime and Megatron), Micromasters (Air Strike Patrol, Battle Patrol and Race Car Patrol) and Battle Masters (Lionizer, Firedrive and Blowpipe).

At the time, this was our first time seeing Megatron, Skytread and Blowpipe, which was really cool since they had not been publicly unveiled yet. We were able to open up the toys from their packages, transform them, pose them and takes lots of pictures and videos to share with all of you at a later date.

Most of these pictures and videos have been outdone by in-hand pictures and videos of the figures since they started hitting retail in the past week. However, seeing all of these products in-hand in one video alongside multiple versions of the same toy is still pretty cool, especially for a new product line.

Later in the day, the Decepticons such as Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brunt, Refraktor (Reflector), Shockwave and Starscream were also unveiled which can be seen in this news article from NYCC 2018. If you would like to see more images of the Autobots, you can see Ultra Magnus, Ironhide, and Chromia who were revealed this past summer at SDCC 2018, which you can view here.

Below is a small sample of the 140+ image gallery below. You can click on any of those images to view the full gallery. In addition, you can watch our video from the event below from Seibertron.com's YouTube Channel.

If you've missed out on our recent War for Cybertron galleries, you can view the War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class galleries and Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Megatron galleries.

Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993553)
Posted by Cyberpath on November 11th, 2018 @ 2:33am CST

Sideswipe looks really nice. Even though Hasbro cheaped out on his weapons.

I will enjoy it and other figures through people's pix however, since this is very similar to the MP line in smaller scale. But looking forward to the ones I do have on pre-order!
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993562)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 11th, 2018 @ 5:08am CST
I really wish I could have been in that room :lol: it looked like an awesome time.
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993568)
Posted by steve2275 on November 11th, 2018 @ 6:23am CST
look like fun was had by all
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993576)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on November 11th, 2018 @ 9:48am CST
Man that must have been excellent. :SG-CONS:
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993593)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 11th, 2018 @ 12:58pm CST
The new War for Cybertron Siege Micromasters have just been found at retail. With the Battle Masters, voyagers and deluxes already found at retail, that makes the leader class the only class left to be found at retail in the US. Yesterday Seibertron user Hellscream9999 nabbed the Airstrike Patrol and Autobot Battle Patrol. They were found at a Target in Oswego, Illinois using the DPCI: 087-16-3983. Thanks to the reciept, we see the price to be $9.99. Speaking of prices, private souces have confirmed that the MSRP for this line is the same as for the Studio Series meaning that the MSRP for deluxes is $19.99, $29.99 for voyagers and $49.99 for leaders. Retailers of course can price them as they wish so prices may vary.

Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993595)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on November 11th, 2018 @ 1:15pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:The new War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster's have just been found at retail, bringing the sightings for wave 1 to a close, as the rest of the wave 1 had been found recently. Yesterday Seibertron user Hellscream9999 nabbed the Airstrike Patrol and Autobot Battle Patrol. They were found at a Target in Oswego, Illinois using the DPCI: 087-16-3983.

micromaster fun.jpg

receipt.jpg

I know I'll be getting them.
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993597)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 11th, 2018 @ 1:18pm CST
Wireless_Phantom wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:So what do you make of these little guys? Let us know your thoughts and whether you'll be purchasing them in the comments below.

I know I'll be getting them.

They're pretty great, the knee's really put them over the top; They're pretty dense too, the airstrike sword is actually really heavy
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993599)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 11th, 2018 @ 1:28pm CST
Lionizer's a lot of fun, but I wish you could hold it like a rifle, because the blade seems really stubby compared to the hilt, more like a bayonet than a full fledged sword... the 'swooshing' effect is great though, he definitely changed my mind on them for the melee weapons at least
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993600)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 11th, 2018 @ 1:33pm CST
I maaay get the Air Strike guys cos i had the original Micromasters (I won them from the Marvel UK comic when they did a competition) but I certainly won't use them in that goofy sword mode (the Star Saber from Armada was bad enough... what idiot thinks a bunch of smooshed jets could possibly work as a sword? There's so many things wrong with that and this combined form here just looks like Storm Cloud flew right into the back of Whisper) and they chose my fave two from the team of four for this double pack though Storm Cloud doesn't look great in either mode (the original toy looked better).
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993605)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 11th, 2018 @ 1:46pm CST
Having a couple of those Lionizers be SS Lockdown's Steeljaws for sure.
Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993610)
Posted by william-james88 on November 11th, 2018 @ 2:03pm CST
The recent Seibertron galleries have shown the Transformers Siege toys to be smaller than previous incarnations. For instance, Siege Megatron and Hound are shorter than Titans Return Megatron and Combiner Wars Hound respectively. But does that mean we are getting ripped off? Especially since the MSRP is now $19.99 for deluxes and $29.99 for voyagers? Well ‎TF Fan West Lee, on Facebook, chose to look at this from a mass perspective. Figures in the past might be tall but if they are hollow, a very common complaint from fans, then maybe fixing that aspect might mean more material and thus lower the overall height for this line. And he found that this line offers more in terms of mass (and thus meterial) than previous lines. Here is what he had to say along with the images showing that Siege Megatron, for instance, has much more material than most other voyagers.

Not sure if I will news this or not.
Have you seen the complaints that WFC-S figures are smaller than the previous figures? Well are they smaller? In terms of height, some Siege figures are slightly shorter yes, but in terms of mass? Well let's use facts here, people say that TR Megs is bigger than WFC-S Megs, well in terms of mass (g) the latter is bigger. Here are a few other comparisons. Based on the weights, the figures have NOT decreased in mass at all. The unified scale is the explanation as to why some are shorter. All in all, Siege is a massive improvement.

There is a misconception of cost / height, the height of a figure in relation to cost, saving, cutting etc is irrelevant, the weight is relevant, pay per gram not per inch, raw materials go by raw weight.

Re: New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread (1993613)
Posted by Emerje on November 11th, 2018 @ 2:13pm CST
I'm curious what Ironhide weighs, articulation aside he looks like a Cyber Battalion figure from behind.

Emerje

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "LG50 Sixshot | Japanese Transformers Legends Import Takara Tomy Generations" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 1985 G1 Hasbro  Milton Bradley Card # 47 Purple Vs Blue Sky Variant" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Breakaway Throttle" on EBAY