New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma

Saturday, October 12th, 2019 8:17PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 28,054

Finally the Rock has come back Hasbro has given to us a true update to the fan favourite G1 Apeface toy. Seibertron has a full gallery for you, and a wonderful comparison to the original toy where you can see that Hasbro really tried to give us as true an update as possible. This is a voyager class triple changer and you can see how the robot, spaceship and robotic gorilla mode compares to the original. It is around the same size as the original in some modes and slightly smaller in others. The headmaster gimmick is also preserved where the same headmaster makes a different face for the ape mode and the robot mode. We also have some fun images with other transforming apes like Masterpiece Optimus Primal. Clicking any image below brings you to the full gallery.

Seibertron will be posting galleries for all of Siege's final wave, like Astrotrain, Rung, Rumble, Ratbat and more, in the upcoming days so stay tuned.

War for Cybertron: SIEGE Apeface (207 images) - Voyager Class

War for Cybertron: SIEGE Spasma (57 images) - Titan Masters

Transformers News: New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma
Re: New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma (2041652)
Posted by STngAR on October 12th, 2019 @ 9:01pm CDT

Oh, and when is Ratchet supposed to hit Walgreen's i the US
:MAXIMAL:
Re: New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma (2041653)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 12th, 2019 @ 9:10pm CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:not sure if apeface being the size of a deluxe is good or bad, at least it will fit in with TR monsterbots and explains why its got nothing to make the robot head look bigger in robot mode which is what I feared back then. Think I'd just go with the G1 toys if I had the money (and be able to get snap dragon).

He's a small Voyager yes, but Spinister and the Ironhide mold are quite big for Deluxes. Also, Apeface's bulk is concentrated in his backpack and the back of his legs.

animated lockhead was big for a deluxe....and deluxe priced. We are now paying voyager prices for for deluxes and getting voyagers that are deluxes. Crazy. TR Blur was pretty much a standard sized deluxe to me. If anything its got my hopes up that they are charging deluxe prices for legends sized figures so that earthrise cliffjumper can go with the other mini bots.

Lockdown ;) And he was indeed taller, but not necessarily significantly heavier. Remember, Size Class is dictated by weight and plastic amount, not volume. Armada Tidal Wave is another example of being taller than his Size Class would suggest.

STngAR wrote:Oh, and when is Ratchet supposed to hit Walgreen's i the US :MAXIMAL:

After the Holiday Shopping Season Reset, so closer to Black Friday.
Re: New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma (2041657)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 12th, 2019 @ 10:34pm CDT

So, yeah, I'm definitely getting him. :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma (2041660)
Posted by Seibertron on October 12th, 2019 @ 11:08pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Siege Apeface have a very weak jet mode. Really, a square with a nosecone and wings tacked on. Ugly and sad. However, it knock the ape AND bot mode out of the park, making the ugly jet mode an afterthought instead of a dealbreaker.

So, yeah, I'm definitely getting him. :APPLAUSE:

The G1 jet mode for Apeface was essentially the same. A square box with wings and a nosecone on top. The gorilla mode is amazing compared to the very poorly designed (but man I still have nostalgic feelings for it) gorilla mode of the G1 figure.

My only complaint with this figure is the odd choice in color plastic for that off-white color of the G1 toy and Titans Return Titan Master. It comes out as a yellowish white which is a bummer. But other than that, he's a fun toy!

Here's hoping for a Snapdragon to complete the 1987 Headmasters cast at long last!
Re: New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma (2041662)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 12th, 2019 @ 11:25pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:The G1 jet mode for Apeface was essentially the same. A square box with wings and a nosecone on top.

Basically the same, yes, but much better executed on the G1. The nosecone is much bigger and the ape arms work as long air intakes, making the jet way more streamlined. However, the bot was G1 basic (obviously) and the gorilla was horrible.

The only triple changer that break the "must sacrifice a mode so that the other two look good" rule is G1 Snapdragon. The bot is great, the jet is perfect, and the dragon manage to be awesome with what they had to work with.
I'm really curious about how that basically "perfect" design will be updated?
Re: New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma (2041666)
Posted by Seibertron on October 13th, 2019 @ 12:52am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

I'm really curious about how that basically "perfect" design will be updated?

Re: New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma (2041667)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 13th, 2019 @ 1:21am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

I'm really curious about how that basically "perfect" design will be updated?

Astrotrain does too, the middle (wings to cockpit) of the shuttle doesn't exactly look the part when compared to the real deal, but we look past that because it was rendered as such in the cartoon I think. Blitzwing scores just as high with the jet cockpit visible in tank mode in both the toy and cartoon. The rest...

WFC Apeface is boxier and more stoutly proportioned in jet mode than G1, yes, but he looks more like a solid piece in Beast Mode instead of a jet folded in half me thinks. Robot Mode also looks better with the body measurements. Kinda funny: the G1 has the Beast Mode as the weakest, WFC has changed that to the Jet Mode. :lol:
Re: New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma (2041669)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on October 13th, 2019 @ 2:43am CDT
He is smaller than G1 and MP Primal... Yikes. :shock:

Apeface has gone from homage to King Kong to Diddy Kong :P Also quite agree with -Kanrabat-, Snapdragon was always the superior of the two. I do genuinely look forward to a new version of him. They did neaten up Apeface's Beast Mode, which is all Snapdragon would need also. Since his jet mode was one of the best G1 Transformers jets.
Re: New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma (2041672)
Posted by blackeyedprime on October 13th, 2019 @ 4:54am CDT
If apeface had been a bit bigger they could have given him a functioning jet cockpit even if it was done like TR megatrons. Sadly he's going to be out of scale for me even if they do a new galvatron voyager they are probably not going to be the same size in robot mode. Still likely to pick apeface up until I can replace him (hopefully weijang up scales it).

*yeagh animated lockdown :), was typing after being on the booze.
Re: New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma (2041674)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 13th, 2019 @ 5:50am CDT
Seibertron wrote:Isn't G1 Astrotrain the best example? I feel like all of the others suffer except for G1 Astrotrain.

Oh yeah, can't believe I forgot him. I even own the toy too. The only flaws I can think of are his dinky arms in bot mode. But that's more nitpicking than anything else. There's also the shuttle thrusters in train mode, but it's way too crazy and awesome to be considered a real flaw.
Re: New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma (2041676)
Posted by DeathReviews on October 13th, 2019 @ 8:28am CDT
STngAR wrote:I'm more impressed by the banana box and little bananas, nice addition. Kidding aside I really like him. I dig how they got the 2 different faces on that headmaster, and I dont mind the look of the battle damage. :MAXIMAL:

"Bananas AGAIN? I hate bananas! Well - I guess we could make some banana BREAD. I'll get the aprons...."
Re: New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma (2041689)
Posted by Flashwave on October 13th, 2019 @ 12:22pm CDT
I think my complaint with Apeface's jet mode comes from the cockpit. On the G1 figure, the cockpit is this massive feature dominating the entire jet. But in Siege, he suffers from Tiny Cockpit Syndrome like Springer, which means there is this huge, flat, wasted space that os just entirely jarring. The wings and tailfins are not super great, but I feel like if thTcockpit were bigger/closer to them it would all stitch together better. But thats pkay
Re: New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma (2041691)
Posted by Ultra Markus on October 13th, 2019 @ 12:30pm CDT
i wished they retained the look of the original g1 jet mode
but the the modes are a lot better
Re: New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma (2041711)
Posted by STngAR on October 13th, 2019 @ 6:15pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

After the Holiday Shopping Season Reset, so closer to Black Friday.

thanks for the info. Only thing that sucks is the closet Walgreens to me is 35 miles away in another state :MAXIMAL:
Re: New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma (2041731)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 13th, 2019 @ 8:49pm CDT
Had a pretty nice Hometown find this weekend. Was planning to pass on retail Impactor, but in hand he looked good enough to get both versions.

Neither figure has disappointed. Impactor is a big deluxe figure, and his transformation is solid, involved, and the tank mode is wonderfully bulky. Robot mode is pretty beefy too, and he is a lot less hollow than he looked originally. He is a pretty dang good mold.

Mirage is also stellar. The transformation is incredibly intuitive and solid, the alt mode is really slick, and robot mode is clean and fantastic.

And he also has some really nice wheels. Look at this. half treaded, half slick, with some cool patterns between the 2. and the whole robot mode is super clean. He is pretty dang special

Re: New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma (2041736)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on October 13th, 2019 @ 9:13pm CDT
I couldn't agree with you more, D-Maximal_Primal. Mirage and Impactor are great figures. I picked them both up myself this weekend, and am VERY happy with them!

Mirage is a fantastic G1 update to the character. The proportions are right. He's got all the requisite accessories. The only thing really missing is his "26" racing number, which I'm sure ReproLabels will remedy in short order. The transformation is fun, I love how the back wheels tuck into the back of the torso to fill it out. The translucent blue plastic parts look great in both modes. All of the strong points easily outweigh the drawbacks, like the cheatsy robot mode chest and the arms stuck unceremoniously under the spoiler. Overall, he bridges the design gap between Siege and Earthrise very well, fitting in either aesthetic without much issue (thanks in part to his distinct lack of battle damage paint apps).

Impactor is very impressive. He's another big deluxe, like Ironhide and Ratchet. The transformation is intuitive and fun. He's got a "presence" posed on a shelf among other more well-known G1 characters. He just oozes "cool" without even trying. Looking at him in my display, I can't help but smile, and I have VERY little emotional connection to the character, as I never read the UK G1 comics. That's impressive to me that this toy can just draw me in completely on its own merits with no attachment to the fictional character. I really don't see many drawbacks to the figure, besides the hollow parts in the shins, which I hardly notice in person. Even the head sculpt is fine with me. It's supposed to be more strictly original G1 than IDW, so it makes sense that it emulates the 80's comic book design more than the contemporary one. Impactor is just a very pleasant surprise for me in this latter part of the Siege chapter of the War for Cybertron Trilogy.
Re: New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma (2041745)
Posted by Stargrave on October 13th, 2019 @ 10:48pm CDT
Mirage has one of the (if not thee) best weapons assortments in the deluxe class. Side by side with Sideswipe I’m like, just a rifle more and they’d have had him right. Mirage pulls off what Sideswipe, Red Alert, and even Hound could not: rifle, rocket launcher, rocket. Put a bow on it. Boom.

The faux parts and lack of numbering on his chest are admittedly accentuated by how huge his chest is. His chest is to Transformers what Bruce Campbell’s chin is to horror movies. Sweet Christmas.

Impactor tells a story just standing there. He’s got so much going and in loud colors but somehow, it all fits and blends. He even joins the shoulder canon club with the rest of the afore mentioned bots, but in such a unique way. He looks like a big miner who became a warrior and that’s exactly who he is.

So much awesome! :lol:
Re: New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma (2041746)
Posted by Stargrave on October 13th, 2019 @ 10:52pm CDT
Thanks to the cards I was interested enough to learn who Detritus is. A G1 Hound repaint who’s a Junkion mercenary? Uh, yes please! Totally hadn’t heard of him before now I need him :lol:

I hope with the mostly Cybertronian designs the mercs will be a Siege offshoot like through exclusives or whatever. I dunno, I’m not as in love with Earthrise as I am with Siege. I’m a very loyal but very fickle lover. Earthrise has yet to woo me.
Re: New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma (2041759)
Posted by Stargrave on October 14th, 2019 @ 1:12am CDT
Optimized to be Weaponized

Best fit for Cog as feet in that configuration.
Re: New Galleries: WFC Siege Voyager Class Apeface with Spasma (2041761)
Posted by Deadput on October 14th, 2019 @ 1:48am CDT
Those back wheels on Mirage?

That's the stuff, it looks so good.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
"Hell in a Cel"
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Generations SANDSTORM Complete 30th Anniversary Voyager" on EBAY
Buy "Generations Waspinator Transformers Beast Wars Predacon Hasbro + IDW comic MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Rhinox Hasbro Beast Wars Maximal MISB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Grimlock Generation 1 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE MP-03" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2018 Generations Deluxe Class JAZZ, POWER OF THE PRIMES  NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Generation 1 Blitzwing Action Figure Vintage Hasbro " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Generations Grapple And Hoist" on EBAY