New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock

New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock

Wednesday, May 7th, 2014 8:35pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 38,750

Seibertron.com is proud to present a gallery of Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock. This is our 17th gallery from the Transformers Age of Extinction toy line! Leader Class Grimlock is one of the most anticipated figures from the upcoming toy line which will be officially released on May 17th at brick-and-mortar stores.

While he isn't much bigger in T-Rex mode than his Voyager Class counterpart, but is much taller in robot mode. The new AOE Leader Class toys are similar in size to Ultra Class toys from previous Transformers toy lines. One striking feature of this version of Grimlock is the large amounts of chrome paint that are on this toy, which appears to be a divisive feature amongst many fans.

Check out all of our pics to decide if you'll be picking up Leader Class Grimlock. When you do find him, please make sure you stop by our sightings section to let others know that you found him!

Just to clarify where this toy came from, it was purchased on eBay.

Age of Extinction: Generations Grimlock

Transformers News: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock

Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock (1572091)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 7th, 2014 @ 8:57pm CDT
i like the voyager better
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock (1572096)
Posted by durroth on May 7th, 2014 @ 9:04pm CDT
Gonna be honest, now that I see it outside official shots, not completely hating it. kind of looks cool
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock (1572097)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 7th, 2014 @ 9:09pm CDT
I'm a dinosaur/monster nut, and would consider the beast modes the primary ones, but these Grimlocks do nothing but disappoint me. The other Dinobots look great, but Grimmys are just... blech.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock (1572099)
Posted by durroth on May 7th, 2014 @ 9:15pm CDT
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock (1572128)
Posted by MGrotusque on May 7th, 2014 @ 10:20pm CDT
With that being said. Liking the pics and loving the new backdrop Seibertron. Looks good.

EDIT: Or is it an old back drop and i'm just noticing it now? Either way...nice gallery.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock (1572134)
Posted by Seibertron on May 7th, 2014 @ 11:40pm CDT
MGrotusque wrote:Bot mode is awesome-ish. Alt mode....i've said enough on other threads about it. DOn't need to repeat myself.

I've been using the black backdrop for about 2.5 years now in the galleries. Glad you like it!
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock (1572136)
Posted by mesh on May 7th, 2014 @ 11:49pm CDT
Whenever I see pictures of the figure in alt mode, for some odd reason, I picture Milo from the Mask.

This is not a good thing!

Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock (1572138)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:15am CDT
Seibertron.com is extremely proud to present the newest installations of its world-renowned high-quality Transformers galleries. Today, we bring you the latest incarnation of the proud leader of the Autobots, in the form of Transformers: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Optimus Prime, and the movieverse debut of an original comics character, Generations Deluxe Drift!

The new AOE Leader Class toys are closer to what we used to call Ultra Class from previous Transformers toy lines such as the Unicron Trilogy. This is the second Leader Class gallery from this line, the first one being Grimlock from just the other day. At first glance in vehicle mode, Optimus seems to be Voyager Class sized in comparison to the Amazon.com exclusive First Edition figure, which is more in step with Leader Classes of past figure lines, just to give you an idea of the scale. However, the robot mode is where he regains quite a bit of that lost size. While still not quite measuring up to the First Edition's stature, this mold makes up for it, in design and features, what it lacks in size.

The three striking features of this version of Optimus are the well placed use of chrome paints that really stand out on him, plus he also just so happens to be a movieverse Leader Class figure with a waist swivel! And to round out the wow factor? Rubber tires!

As for Drift, the blue samurai debuting in the Michael Bay universe, supposedly based on the Decepticon-turned-Autobot character introduced by IDW Publishing (and who showed up in our galleries earlier), we know very little for now, other than its alt-mode being a 2013 Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse, and it features multiple swords and traditional samurai looking armour and helm with face mask.

Check out all of our pics to decide if you'll be picking up Leader Class Optimus or Deluxe Drift. When you do find them, please make sure you use our sightings section to let others know, and where!

Age of Extinction: Generations Optimus Prime

Age of Extinction: Generations Drift

Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock (1572169)
Posted by Va'al on May 8th, 2014 @ 7:06am CDT
durroth wrote:the proportions don't really bother me as much as I thought they would. It's mainly the chrome that bothers me, because I remember how well it worked for all those transmetals figures that lost all color and started flaking. I do however feel big grimlock's bad front proportions could be offset by a thicker, longer tail.

Or the legs being slightly forward than they currently are. It would increase tail length and decrease torso and neck, making more appealing to me, too. :-?

I don't dislike it as much as I did with the video review, but I'm still not that big a fan of it. If I do get one, it'll be the Voyager at this point.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock (1572270)
Posted by Homerjay14522 on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:00pm CDT
WOAH!!!! SINCE WHEN ARE OPTIMUS PRIMES WINDOWS F-ING YELLOW?!?!?!?! I was going to pick him up just to have him even with his other issues, but Yellow f-ing windows may kill it for me. Everything before showed clear.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock (1572271)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:06pm CDT

Optimus looks okay, but the shoulder kibble is what gets me. Maybe if I see him on clearance.

I like Drift, but there's two things that bother me: his face and his size. The detailing on his face look oddly proportioned, and compared to Generations Drift, he's definitely a little on the small side. Like I said, I'll think about them if they go on clearance.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock (1572275)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:14pm CDT

:lol: That's just terrible looking. Kissy face and hollow pits for eyes.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock (1572277)
Posted by Evil Eye on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:17pm CDT
Hey, at least it's better than the Impossible Toys Tetrajets. XD

I'm liking Leader Grimlock the more I look at him. The robot mode is fantastic, and I reckon if you moved the dino arms the T-Rex mode would look much better.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock (1572280)
Posted by RAcast on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:25pm CDT

What are those on the left? Is that a second pair of swords, or are they sheathes? They're pegged onto his kibble backpack in a bunch of the pictures.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock (1572284)
Posted by RhA on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:32pm CDT
Drift lives up to his reputation. This is the ugliest TF I have ever seen and I collect G2. It. Hurts. My. Eyeballs.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock (1572286)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:33pm CDT
RAcast wrote:Image

They're a pair of second swords, sorta like how Generations Drift had a pair of smaller swords.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock (1572288)
Posted by shockblast2 on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:34pm CDT
Drift....that stupid looking face....ugh
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock (1572289)
Posted by Nisus on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:37pm CDT
RAcast wrote:Image

In a couple pics, it shows him holding them so I'm assuming their supposed to be his equivalent of Tanto swords.

Mindmaster wrote:A little disappoited that the new Leader class comes up to about Ultra-ish while still asking for $45. Not cool. [-(

Agreed!
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock (1572293)
Posted by Diem on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:54pm CDT
I don't mean to sound so negative lately but Drift looks like a bizarre and terrible knockoff of Alternity Megatron or something.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock (1572309)
Posted by mtma on May 8th, 2014 @ 2:17pm CDT
I'm kinda uncertain about Drift... Guess I'll just decide on site to pick him up or not...

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "1997 Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Figure Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "LOT OF 3 TRANSFORMERS POWER Of The Primes ~ Vector Prime Maximo Micronus FIGURES" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Barricade Counterpunch / Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of The Primes Deluxe Novastar" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES VOYAGER CLASS ELITA-1 E1139 / E0598" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Primal incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR OF CYBERTRON EARTHRISE BOMBSHOCK & GROWL 2pk" on EBAY
Buy "2006 Hasbro Transformers 1stMovie SeriesDeluxe Class6" Decepticon Divebomb Wal." on EBAY