New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime

Transformers News: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime

Monday, May 11th, 2015 5:50PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 32,936

The latest addition to the Seibertron.com toy photogalleries sees the recent Transformers Collectors' Club membership incentive for 2015 - the big bad who used to be good, Nova Prime! This is a retool and redeco of the Generations Deluxe Orion Pax figure, the figure sports white, black, gold and teal, an alberd, a gun, and will probably attempt to establish a Primacy or Dead Universe colony in your collection once displayed.

Check out the full gallery by clicking on any of the images below, which include comparisons with the rest of the Ark 1 crew from the IDWverse, and let us know what you think of this new version of the mold, before the arrival of the next one with Lio Convoy!

Convention & Club Exclusives Nova Prime

Transformers News: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime

Transformers News: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime

Transformers News: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime

Transformers News: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime

Transformers News: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime (1684465)
Posted by Emerje on May 11th, 2015 @ 6:32pm CDT
Only room for two figures in the box, I wonder if that means no figure for the mystery purple guy?

Emerje
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime (1684472)
Posted by carytheone on May 11th, 2015 @ 7:01pm CDT

I didn't realize these pictures were from seibertron galleries at first. I've got what may be a dumb question. Are the galleries a team project or are the work of just Seibertron?
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime (1684486)
Posted by Mkall on May 11th, 2015 @ 7:34pm CDT
I'm sad that the halberd isn't as blue as the promo shots
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime (1684496)
Posted by Seibertron on May 11th, 2015 @ 7:50pm CDT
carytheone wrote:I really like this mold. It's really amazing what a little paint and a new head can do.

The galleries are just the work of yours truly. :D
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime (1684500)
Posted by carytheone on May 11th, 2015 @ 8:07pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

The galleries are just the work of yours truly. :D

Thanks, that's what I thought, I just wasn't sure. Apologies for all the drool you've had to clean up in the galleries.
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime (1684526)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on May 11th, 2015 @ 9:53pm CDT
Man, that head sculpt's really gummy.
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime (1684534)
Posted by prjkt on May 11th, 2015 @ 10:12pm CDT
Mkall wrote:I'm sad that the halberd isn't as blue as the promo shots

Looks about the same to me, just the background colour is different
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime (1684537)
Posted by shajaki on May 11th, 2015 @ 10:16pm CDT
carytheone wrote:Apologies for all the drool you've had to clean up in the galleries.
:lol:
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime (1684556)
Posted by Emerje on May 11th, 2015 @ 10:59pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Man, that head sculpt's really gummy.

For me it's OK, not the sharpest, but could be worse.

The paint, however, is a disgrace for that price. This is the paint quality I find on $5 knockoffs from Family Dollar.

Emerje
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime (1684578)
Posted by Henry921 on May 12th, 2015 @ 1:39am CDT
Emerje wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Man, that head sculpt's really gummy.

For me it's OK, not the sharpest, but could be worse.

Emerje

Mercifully, mine wasn't quite so lacking. Just a few white paint flecks; the rest of the 'horn' was painted black.
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime (1684647)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 12th, 2015 @ 10:03am CDT

Also, I love the final shot with some of the other Ark-1 crew members. Though, what about Scourge, Straxus, Tailpipe (the DOTM Human Alliance Basic could stand in), and Grindcore (United EX Tankmaster could stand in)?
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime (1684653)
Posted by Seibertron on May 12th, 2015 @ 10:27am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Hey Ryan, can you tell what color his Autobot symbol is inside the blue windshield? I'm try to figure out if this guy is supposed to be SG or not.

I've read the comics and don't even remember those guys sharing time with Nova Prime so we'll pass on that shot. Not saying that they didn't ... just not major enough players to warrant my time trying to make that shot. I can either work on that shot or I can work on the gallery of Combiner Wars Cyclonus today. Cyclonus takes precedent.
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime (1684654)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 12th, 2015 @ 10:32am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Hey Ryan, can you tell what color his Autobot symbol is inside the blue windshield? I'm trying to figure out if this guy is supposed to be SG or not.

Oh, you were going by interaction scenes they shared directly with Nova. Okay. That makes sense.

I guess it is true that not all of the Ark-1's crew were seen in the same room as Nova in the comics.
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime (1684752)
Posted by MaverickPrime on May 12th, 2015 @ 5:03pm CDT
Looks very nice, but a voyage would've looked more imposing, still, he'll most likely get an add on kit, so :-?
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime (1684917)
Posted by prjkt on May 13th, 2015 @ 7:54am CDT
Seibertron wrote:

The following frame is the whole reason I ended up getting the HA Tailpipe figure, but he only features in the one comic, and you can barely see Scourge and Grindcore in the background.

Just need to track down that Tankmaster vs Marine Master pack (for Grindcore and Manta Ray stand ins) and I'll have the whole Ark 1 crew
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime (1685763)
Posted by megatronus on May 14th, 2015 @ 9:18pm CDT
My Nova Prime arrived in the mail today, and I admit, I'm a bit underwhelmed.

He's a bit loose all around, and the head, while OK, doesn't scream of the Nova Prime we wanted.

He'll look really good on the shelf, and I don't regret buying him. But if you're on the fence, I would wait for a sale or just skip this one.
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime (1685777)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on May 14th, 2015 @ 9:45pm CDT
megatronus wrote:My Nova Prime arrived in the mail today, and I admit, I'm a bit underwhelmed.

Or find a Hyper Novae, people on eBay will probably try and sell The club's Nova prime for a similar price. Yes that's hyperbole. >:oP
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime (1685784)
Posted by megatronus on May 14th, 2015 @ 9:59pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

I was never interested in Hyper Novae. I'm way over the Battler Tanker concept.
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime (1685789)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on May 14th, 2015 @ 10:07pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

I was never interested in Hyper Novae. I'm way over the Battler Tanker concept.

I wasn't talking about the toy from the conceptual gimmick level, just for the "Nova Prime" aspect.
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club Exclusive Nova Prime (1685796)
Posted by megatronus on May 14th, 2015 @ 10:23pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
megatronus wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

I was never interested in Hyper Novae. I'm way over the Battler Tanker concept.

The gimmick kills it for me. It's hard to un-see.

Also, did you change your avatar between your first post and this one? Gnarly.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #221 - Appliance Wars
"Appliance Wars"
Posted: Sunday, April 14th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Prime Master Megatronus Bomb-Burst" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Quickslinger MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations: Combiner Wars Legends Rodimus Complete CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations: Combiner Wars Deluxe Prowl Complete CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe Ironhide Complete 2015 Chug Generations" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe Mirage 2015 Complete CHUG Generations" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Battle Core Optimus Prime CHUG w/Reprolabels" on EBAY
Buy "RARE JAPANESE TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS WHEELIE AUTOBOT FIGURE MINT IN PACKAGE" on EBAY