New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp

Thursday, November 26th, 2015 1:25am CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 57,367

Take a Transformers Generations Leader class Jetfire, like the mold, bring it into the Combiner Wars line with a new head, new paintjob, and some remolding as Starscream, ruler of Cybertron. Change the deco to mostly blue, and you get another Seeker, Thundercracker (though there is no dog). Change the deco again to black and purple, and you have the latest instalment of the Seibertron.com photo galleries: Leader class Skywarp!

Check out the images below, showcasing the changes on the toy (not that many), group shots with all the Seekers so far in both jet and robot mode, and some general Decepticon ensembles for your viewing pleasure. Click on any of them to view the full gallery, too!

Generations Combiner Wars Skywarp

Transformers News: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp

Transformers News: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp

Transformers News: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp

Transformers News: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp

Transformers News: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp

Re: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp (1744323)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on November 26th, 2015 @ 7:55am CST
I really really REALLY wish there was a Sunstorm repaint. This is the perfect figure for that. It's even in scale with Daca Toys Kronos, making the pair comic accurate in scale.
Re: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp (1744331)
Posted by Fox Thiagarajan on November 26th, 2015 @ 10:00am CST
The black on Skywarp looks amazing.
Re: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp (1744332)
Posted by Shockwave7 on November 26th, 2015 @ 10:12am CST
While I like this mold and think it's great for Seekers, I've reached the point where I don't think I want to pay 'full' price for another one unless it's got some remolding (Do thrust next!)

I'll probably wait for leader Skywarp to go on sale/discount, though I certainly won't say no to it when/if it winds up on sale for $20-ish...
Re: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp (1744336)
Posted by rickdraco on November 26th, 2015 @ 10:32am CST
I admit this looks great.. but I do have one niggle. The purple on the chest should be Black! the middle part is meant to be his jet mode cockpit, so why is it not the same colour?
Re: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp (1744343)
Posted by Autobot N on November 26th, 2015 @ 11:59am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:Image
Re: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp (1744368)
Posted by RAR on November 26th, 2015 @ 8:06pm CST
I kind of wish they'd been "less" accurate and put the decoration on the inner edge of the tail fins instead of the outer edge.

I'd be happy to own all of them "For the right price" I suppose I should put some effort into getting a Thundercracker while they are still around and cheap - I don't think I've ever seen anyone selling Starscream though - not been looking especially hard mind.
Re: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp (1744419)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 27th, 2015 @ 2:04am CST
Didn't realize this was coming so early.
Re: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp (1744472)
Posted by Ironhidensh on November 27th, 2015 @ 12:27pm CST
Re: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp (1744490)
Posted by Autobot N on November 27th, 2015 @ 4:33pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:I saw Thundercracker at Target today. After seeing one in hand, it still doesn't look or feel like a seeker to me. :(

I bought him 3 months ago, and he feels worthy of the seeker title to me.
Re: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp (1744496)
Posted by william-james88 on November 27th, 2015 @ 5:32pm CST
Decepticon Sunstorm wrote:

I bought him 3 months ago, and he feels worthy of the seeker title to me.

What about starscream?
Re: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp (1744497)
Posted by Autobot N on November 27th, 2015 @ 5:39pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Decepticon Sunstorm wrote:

I bought him 3 months ago, and he feels worthy of the seeker title to me.

What about starscream?

Ain't seen him yet, though I do plan to get him (and Skywarp for that matter). However, he is low-priority compared to the 2016 Wave 1 voyagers (already ordered the deluxes off of BBTS) and Sky Reign.
Re: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp (1744577)
Posted by YoungPrime on November 28th, 2015 @ 8:38am CST

Exactly! Hasbro either make the Seekers too small (Legend or Deluxe) or too big(leader). I passed on these leader retools because of it.

I get it though, Hasbro likes to milk things... Fine just know that my wallet is closed until there's a proper Voyager class for these Seekers and Megatron(Or I'll just stick with the United version of him).

Overall the Leader class just feels like a filler line with the exception of Ultra Magnus and Jetfire.
Re: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp (1744801)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 29th, 2015 @ 8:48pm CST
I do like the look. It would be nearly visually perfect if there was paint under the wings that showed up in robot mode. Other than that, really neat! :BOT:
Re: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp (1745499)
Posted by phantom1592 on December 2nd, 2015 @ 8:03pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:b) the dinobots only started existing on earth).
Not in every case.

I was referring to the more popular interpretations.
Dreamwave's The War Within was popular back in its day.

As was (and still is) Fall of Cybertron.

I have to say the Marvel Comics was my favorite Dinobot origin. They were on the Ark when it left Cybertron... The Ark woke them up thousands of years early to fight shockwave.... They got trapped in the tar pit till ratchet tracked them down.

Loved those issues.

Wheeljack building them on a whim... I really HATED that idea. For a group dedicated to being in disguise and low profile... Robot Dinosaurs don't make a lot of sense.

The fact that The ark rebuilt them based on the lifeforms around at the time... THAT worked for me :)
Re: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp (1745506)
Posted by william-james88 on December 2nd, 2015 @ 8:15pm CST
phantom1592 wrote:

Loved those issues.

Thats a gorgeous origin story, which issue has it?
Re: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp (1745509)
Posted by phantom1592 on December 2nd, 2015 @ 8:21pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
phantom1592 wrote:

Loved those issues.

Thats a gorgeous origin story, which issue has it?

Issue 7 or 8? I think they wake up in 8, but Ratchet solo arc started around 7 I think.
Re: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp (1745521)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 2nd, 2015 @ 8:59pm CST
phantom1592 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
phantom1592 wrote:

Loved those issues.

Thats a gorgeous origin story, which issue has it?

The backstory is told in Issue #4, while Ratchet's finding them in the Savage Land (of Marvel Comics lore) happens in Issue #8. But the intermediate issues lead up to Ratchet's finding them.
Re: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp (1745531)
Posted by phantom1592 on December 2nd, 2015 @ 9:32pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
phantom1592 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
phantom1592 wrote:

Loved those issues.

Thats a gorgeous origin story, which issue has it?

Really?!? I would have thought that was all after the original 4 issue miniseries... strange that they would have included cliffhangers like that...

Been a long time since I read it though. That was one of my first ever comics back in the 80's :D

I remember it as a 'Big' comic... Basically a TPB before they were common... but I must have kept collecting them up through Circuit Breaker at least...

I love the idea of Ratchet the last remaining Autobot forced to team up with Megatron... and tracking down the lost dinobots for some extra muscle for the inevitable betrayal.

Also my favorite Ratchet of all time ;)
Re: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp (1746950)
Posted by william-james88 on December 9th, 2015 @ 11:14pm CST

Are any of you getting these leader Seekers? And how do you find the use of the Jetfire mold for them? Let us know!
Re: New Gallery: Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp (1747057)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on December 10th, 2015 @ 2:46pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Fellow Seibertronian Death has a video review for one of the latest figures in the Generations "Combiner Wars" line: Leader Skywarp, a redeco of Starscream. Enjoy!

so far we've yet to see those turn up in physical stores in the UK! at the moment it's just Magnus that's shelfwarming in places like TRU & Smyths Toys. btw i take it those seekers are the last of the CW Leader Class line before we go onto the Titan Wars stuff?

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy HEAT SCRAMBLE Transformers Starter Set TFD-00" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters - BLOWPIPE (NEW)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sludge Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Slag Slug Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alpha Trion Reaction Action Figure Retro Articulated Super7" on EBAY