New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise

Transformers News: New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise

Monday, March 23rd, 2020 2:39pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 17,076

Everyone's favorite Autobot mad-scientist, Wheeljack, is the first figure to get the ol' Seibertron.com gallery treatment of the highly anticipated Transformers War for Cybertron EARTHRISE product line. Deluxe Class Wheeljack is like a mini-Masterpiece figure that has a G1 cartoon style in robot mode and a G1 toy look in vehicle mode, complete with various decals that homage the Lancia Stratos Turbo racecar.

The Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise products have been popping up at various retail chains like Walmart, Target and Best Buy throughout the past month. Make sure to share your sightings with your fellow Seibertronians in our sightings section and sightings forums.

Special thanks to Entertainment Earth for providing this product to Seibertron.com. You can purchase Transformers products and other popular brands from EntertainmentEarth.com.

We will be posting more Earthrise galleries over the course of the next couple of weeks. Keep checking back for more! In the meantime, you can click on any of the images below to view the full gallery.

War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wheeljack (128 images) - Deluxe Class

Re: New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise (2057557)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 23rd, 2020 @ 2:51pm CDT
Woo!
Will comparisons to the original and the MP be forthcoming?
Re: New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise (2057558)
Posted by Seibertron on March 23rd, 2020 @ 2:56pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Woo!
Will comparisons to the original and the MP be forthcoming?

Not at this time. I'm trying to limit the amount of comparisons I do in these galleries to be more time efficient. :(
Re: New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise (2057560)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 23rd, 2020 @ 3:15pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:has a G1 cartoon style in robot mode and a G1 toy look in vehicle mode,
Huh. I never realized this until you pointed it out.

A colorful altmode deco and a clean robot mode deco. The best of both worlds.
Re: New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise (2057562)
Posted by aronjlove on March 23rd, 2020 @ 3:38pm CDT
I'm really happy with ER Wheeljack. I just wish he had more 5mm ports. His spoiler pieces are actually 5mm and can be removed for more ports but then he doesn't have his classic look.
Re: New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise (2057586)
Posted by o.supreme on March 23rd, 2020 @ 7:22pm CDT
Re: New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise (2057587)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 23rd, 2020 @ 7:38pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Just curious, was there ever a pre order listing for Skylynx on Amazon? Even if it isn't available, I just like to add them as a sort of checklist.

Yes, I pre-ordered there when he was first announced, been sold out for a while.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083V ... UTF8&psc=1
Re: New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise (2057597)
Posted by o.supreme on March 23rd, 2020 @ 10:39pm CDT
That is perfect. Thank you so much. For some reason I can.never get items to show up in searches if they are currently unavailable.
Re: New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise (2057606)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 23rd, 2020 @ 11:13pm CDT
Ordered Cliffjumper tonight along with the Ghosts of Cybertron Trade from Amazon, looking forward to finally getting him in hand, he is the one i really want from the wave.

I'll see the others eventually to get, not really rushed with them at all.

Also, I really wish they had used a different Wheeljack head mold, I really don't like that one that much
Re: New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise (2057608)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 23rd, 2020 @ 11:17pm CDT
Did you mean design?
Re: New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise (2057609)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 23rd, 2020 @ 11:18pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:What other mold could they have used than the one that was part of the ER toy? :P
Did you mean design?

Just a different head mold. that one just doesn't work for me. it feels too round and soft
Re: New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise (2057613)
Posted by Tuned Agent on March 24th, 2020 @ 12:15am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Did you mean design?

I tend to agree, the headsculpt is the weakest part of ER Wheeljack (at least looks-wise). IMO, CW Wheeljack has the best headsculpt of the Generations Wheeljacks. For all faults of that toy, the one thing it got right was the headsculpt.
Re: New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise (2057614)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on March 24th, 2020 @ 12:18am CDT
Re: New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise (2057616)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 24th, 2020 @ 12:33am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Did you mean design?

I was poking at your word choice, good sir. To say you wish they had used "a different head mold" is to imply that the ER Wheeljack tooling had a variety of different Wheeljack head molds to choose from, and it generally doesn't work that way :P

Sentinel_Primal wrote:I think the headsculpt is mostly fine, it just needs to be a bit bigger. Then again it could be the arms and feet being too chunky in comparison to the torso and head
You know, sometimes that's the price of a transforming Transformers toy. It's not like the pinheads of Classics Mirage and Hot Rod, it's well within reasonable range.
Re: New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise (2057633)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 24th, 2020 @ 10:56am CDT
Tuned Agent wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Did you mean design?

I wonder if the balljoints are the right size to swap the heads
Re: New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise (2057636)
Posted by ǝuoǝɥʇʎɹɐɔ on March 24th, 2020 @ 11:46am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Tuned Agent wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Did you mean design?
I wonder if the balljoints are the right size to swap the heads
This got me genuinely curious. I've never considered which headsculpt I preferred. I tossed together a quick comparison with MP in there just for fun.

TheManyFacesOfWheeljack.jpg

ER and MP's "head fins?" are a little on the "crazy/unkempt" side. I think I'd like the CW best if the fins were painted silver. As it stands I'm going with the gen figure as my preferred head sculpt/deco. I dig the clear "ears" and light piping.
Re: New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise (2057643)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 24th, 2020 @ 1:43pm CDT
carytheone wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Tuned Agent wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Did you mean design?
I wonder if the balljoints are the right size to swap the heads

TheManyFacesOfWheeljack.jpg

I agree with the Generations one having the best head sculpt. I also wish the headsculpts drifted a little closer to Alex Milne or Prime wheeljack personally
Re: New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise (2057645)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 24th, 2020 @ 1:55pm CDT
Re: New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise (2057646)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 24th, 2020 @ 1:57pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Was Milne the one who started the thing of drawing G1 characters like they were Aligned characters?

Dunno what you are talking about, but no.

He is the one who is drawing Galaxies and TF vs Terminator currently, and makes any Transformer look infinitely better than almost every other artist. His attention to detail and stylizations are awesome.

Re: New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise (2057649)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 24th, 2020 @ 3:13pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:If you are referring to Ex-RiD from around 2011, that was Andrew Griffith drawing them like their FOC bodies
And (unless some interview has stated otherwise to my unawares, which is entirely possible) I'd bet that that was probably per request by Hasbro since, at the time, that was when Hasbro was wanting all of its mainstream licensees to have everything tie into the Aligned continuity, but which IDW only went as far as using the WFC/FOC body designs rather than dropping their main G1 continuity altogether (which is something Hasbro did want them to do at the time, but which ultimately did not happen until the Unicron mini-series in 2018).
Re: New Gallery: Deluxe WHEELJACK from Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise (2057653)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 24th, 2020 @ 4:02pm CDT
Back to Earthrise. If you want to discuss comic art styles, please do so in the comics forum.

Do you guys favor ER over Siege at all, or do you look at them the same way? I'm asking because the more I think about it the more I'm leaning toward ER, for the simple fact that they're giving us figures which already have representation in media, mainly the G1 cartoon. Siege figures are really good too, and I got most of the line, but honestly, besides Omega, Magnus and Shockwave, none of the figures appealed to me especially, because their appearances are different. I didn't realize this until recently, because I kept looking my Siege collection, and I felt something was off. Now I know. They're still great figures and I'm glad I got them, but I'm looking forward to ER much more.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #245 - On a Boat
"On a Boat"
Posted: Saturday, April 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers The Loyal Subjects 8" Action Vinyl: Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS AUTOBOT WHIRL 30TH ANNIVERSARY 2014 Sealed Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Class, Ratchet  (Exclusive)" on EBAY
Buy "Loyal Subjects Transformers Trailbreaker, Swoop,Wheeljack, & Sludge Wave 3 Set" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AoE Drift Hasbro TF4 Age of Extinction Autobot Voyager Class MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Loyal Subjects Action Vinyls Wave 3 BLITZWING & Rumble Figures" on EBAY
Buy "G1 TRANSFORMERS 1985 HELICOPTER WHIRL PHOTON BEAM RIFLE GUN PART ACCESSORY GEN 1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Lot of 32 Arcee Roadbuster Chromia More" on EBAY