New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron

New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron

Thursday, July 9th, 2015 5:07pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 46,393

The next gallery from the Hasbro Booth at San Diego Comic Con 2015 shows the latest iteration of the Transformers Combiner Wars Silverbolt mold as Scattershot, plus the Autobots part of Optimus Maximus in the IDW Combiner Wars finale: Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide and Sunstreaker.

Check out below a selection from the full gallery, which you can access by clicking on any image, and let us know what you think on this take on Computron in the new Betatron monicker. Do you think this even his final form..?

Transformers News: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron

Transformers News: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron

Transformers News: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron

Transformers News: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron

Transformers News: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron

Re: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron (1707991)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:08pm CDT
These look much better, full praise to seibs, and anyone else there :BOWDOWN: Victorion looks pretty nice in these pics, wish they allowed for one more color to accent certain parts, or to break up the monotonous paint scheme; will be getting it, can't wait 8)

Beta-thingy looks distinctly lazy in combined mode, maybe this is a super-early release, and they don't have the head molded for computhingy yet :???: It's not even got painted detail in combined mode (please don't let this be officialImage
Re: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron (1707992)
Posted by Gearslide on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:12pm CDT
Desslok2201 wrote:Here's another thought on the Computron/betatron thing. Maybe the plan is to only do Scattershot, so there will be no Computron proper. I really can't see Takara doing all 4 limbs just to put out Computron. Unite Warriors may just not have an Abominus or Computron

Considering how often Takara makes toys that never show up in Hasbro markets, I actually COULD see them making Computron at the very least. Prime Breakdown, and all of his remolds, never made it to Hasbro markets (excluding the Botcon exclusive Megatron), and is a great example. And who knows if Hasbro will ever put out that new Decepticon lady trio that Takara is making.

They have a Scattorshot mold now, and he would just need the actual Computron head.
Strafe could be remolded from the Air Raid, Skydive, or Fireflight mold (just give him a new head and fuselage).
Lightspeed could be remolded from the Dead End mold (Just needs a new head, and maybe a spoiler and front bumper).
Afterburner could be remolded from the (Already Takara-exclusive) Groove mold (give him a new windshield really; Groove's head already works pretty well for Afterburner).
Nosecone could be remolded from the Brawl mold (Seriously, give him a drill instead of cannon barrel, MAYBE a new tank top, and a new head, and you have Nosecone).

Edit: I just realized how interesting it is, that coming up with that on the fly, each Deluxe Technobot would be a remold from a different team in that scenario (Strafe from an Aerialbot, Lightspeed from a Stunticon, Afterburner from a Protectobot, and Nosecone from a Combaticon).
Re: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron (1707993)
Posted by Va'al on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:15pm CDT
The next two galleries come with an eyesight warning - these are not the combiners your parents knew! Taking the Superion and Menasor sets as is, Hasbro has redecoed them, including adding the G2 faction symbols, into their Generation 2 neon, gold, wonderfully tacky incarnations - and you can check them out below as sample, with the full galleries here for the Aerialbots and here for the Stunticons.

Re: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron (1707995)
Posted by DMSL on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:15pm CDT
They should change the name into Repaint Wars. There are way too many repaints in this line for my taste. Scattorshot looks horrible. The headsculpt is okay, but the detail just isn't there and both modes look way too bland.
Re: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron (1707996)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:16pm CDT
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Fan Built Victorion
B3901 Wave 1 2016
$99.99 SRP
AVAIL May 16

That's actually not that bad of a deal...
Re: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron (1707998)
Posted by hinomars19 on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:16pm CDT
Alpha Weltall wrote:Oh no! Betatron is being shown with what we know of as Optimus Maximus' team. So what? They still have time to make the rest. Maybe they'll be in wave three of next year and they don't have anything to show for that far in advance. Since they didn't want to have just one voyager per wave, maybe they're releasing Scattorshot earlier than the rest of the Technobots.

You realise this response would be just as easy to understand without the sarcasm? 8) I was initially confused and posted as such. Is Betatron a new name for a combiner made of Scattershot and the 4 G1 cars, or is it the new name for Computron due to copyright? If so, where is the rest of Computron?
Your post clears part of that up, so thanks :)

Counterpunch wrote:So much negativity...

I think Victorion in molded plastic colors is going to look amazing. New feet and hands? Hasbro is listening.

The G2 redecos are sweet and something desirable for collectors.

I'm not even a staunch Combiner Wars advocate and I think they did a great job.

(Except Scattershot...that could have gone better. I do think the limbs are forthcoming though. I just hope they are club exclusives because your collective rage is delicious.)

Not sure that last line is necessary, dude :-( The G2's and Victorion not withstanding, (G2's are self explanatory and Victorion was obvioulsy re tools from the poll options-and I have no problems with any of them) I see nothing wrong with being disappointed that what started as a great line with Superion is quickly descending into 2-3 years of the same molds re-hashed over and over.
It's been a long day full of bickering and I just don't see the point in everybody keep jumping on each other. Pretty sure negative views on a product are still allowed.
I have TT's Defensor on pre-order, after that my only interest is Bruticus; and even then I may go for TT if Blast-off is a new mold because I need some variety. After that, I'm not that fussed.

Potential Technobot reveals at a later date may change that, but I'm guessing they will be more re-tools. Scattershot already is and I have no interest in him as he is. May not be the happy jingle of celebration everybody wants to hear, but it's the truth. :BOT:

I AM happy to see G2 Menasor join Superion, but it's not something I can afford, especially when, through no fault of it's own, it's yet more repaints of molds I will already own most of twice as it is. I want Victorion, but price and time of release will decide that.
Re: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron (1707999)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:17pm CDT
jay5 wrote:Any news of an MP Mirage?
That's Takara's department since they're the masterminds behind the Masterpieces, not Hasbro. And Takara only just recently announced MP Ironhide and MP Optimus Primal, and Hound's rumored to be the next one after Ironhide, so don't expect any more news to come so soon.
Re: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron (1708000)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:19pm CDT
Well these look wonderfully hideous, hope they aren't all at that bloated price point, I've gotten all of my combiners for ~$70 so an extra 30 is NOT cool for the G2 figures, not sure it's even worth it for Victorion.
Re: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron (1708003)
Posted by hinomars19 on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:22pm CDT
those new photos are fantastic, seriously, thanks to all involved.

Victorion looks better, but still feels like they are all lacking detail to break up that red.
The individual bots are lovely seeing them up close. My only real gripe since earlier today was the colour mapping, these photos prove I love the overall sculpts :D

G2 stunticons are tasty...
Re: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron (1708004)
Posted by Va'al on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:22pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:I do think [insert toy here] are forthcoming though. I just hope they are club exclusives because your collective rage is delicious.

This may have to be my new signature soon..
Re: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron (1708007)
Posted by jay5 on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:23pm CDT
Re: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron (1708008)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:24pm CDT
Va'al wrote:

This may have to be my new signature soon..

Do it :twisted:
Re: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron (1708009)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:25pm CDT
jay5 wrote:The Stunticon repaints look all right in alt modes so I'll probably pick up the 4 Deluxe cars.

They're box sets if I remember correctly, so unless you're going hunting on the internet, prepare for disappointment >:oP
Re: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron (1708012)
Posted by frogbat on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:30pm CDT
one of those ironic idiosyncrasies I might exhibit as a tf collector is that though I'm somewhat disappointed by these releases as in none really interest me, I'm actually kinda happy as it gives me a breather to catch up with the rest. Scattershot might be of interest only if they come up with some new limbs... And never cared for or liked the g2 aesthetic, so the others are passes.

Between the combiner wars show and ankle tilts, hasbro might have its faults but I must admit that they seem to be listening more to their adult customer base.

Hope they decide to somehow sell the new hands and feet as upgrade packs.
Re: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron (1708020)
Posted by jay5 on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:37pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Then I'll just use the funds I was putting toward Defensor for it, and sell any team members I don't want to those who do. :HEADHURTS:
Re: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron (1708021)
Posted by Gearslide on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:37pm CDT
With this G2 Superion announced, I'm getting ever closer to reassembling my childhood Generation 2 toys in modern versions. And while I hope G2 Devastator is in the works, I hope for the sake of my wallet it doesn't come out anytime soon.
Re: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron (1708022)
Posted by YoungPrime on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:41pm CDT
Very underwhelming presentation....

I guess the Victorion reveal could've stolen the show if it didn't look like complete crap in high heels.

Eff it!
Re: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron (1708024)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:43pm CDT
frogbat wrote:Hope they decide to somehow sell the new hands and feet as upgrade packs.

I would've been stoked if hasbro had been selling bags of triple-barreled shotguns and breakdowns gunblade at botcon for ~$5. I would've bought several >:oP
Re: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron (1708025)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:43pm CDT
No plans for Beast combiners yet

Not true. I have a few friends with sources and CW Predaking is in the works, but no other beast combiners are... way to straight up lie, Hasbro. They totally could have teased us with that (but leave the identity a secret)
Re: New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Transformers Scattershot and Betatron (1708027)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:46pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:Very underwhelming presentation....

Eff it!

Would you have liked it if it had a third color for detailing? Like silver racing stripes, or other designs. I do think the limited pallet really undermines the grandeur of what this figure was supposed to be.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots  Brushfire and Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Car & Rescue Bots Flip Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Iron Factory IF EX-27 Shrike's Feather Streamwing (Slipstream)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Earthrise Decepticon Airwave Deluxe Class War for Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN - WINGSPAN & CLOUDRAKER - WALGREENS EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY