New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx

Wednesday, February 17th, 2016 10:28pm CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 27,883

A few days ago we brought you a gallery of the recently released Combiner Wars Sky Lynx. Now it is time to take a look at the G1 version, the Encore release anyway. Sky Lynx was one of those molds that Hasbro licensed from other companies. In this case the company was Toybox which is also where Omega Supreme came from. This Encore release is the first time G1 Sky Lynx was available in Japan.

What are the differences between the vintage version and Encore you ask?

• Red Plastic is darker on Encore, lighter on G1
  • White plastic is off white, whereas G1 version is brighter white
  • Metal screws and rivets have gold tint on Encore instead of silver on G1
  • Mouth gun is painted a dark magenta or purple color, which is red on G1
  • Inside of mouth is painted red on Encore
  • Eyes of Lynx mode are now painted light blue
  • Gold chrome is lighter or a more subtle shade on Encore, darker on G1
  • Stickered "windows" on left rear side of shuttle was corrected to have circle removed finally!
  • Toybox stampings replaced with Tomy 2007 stampings

Click the images below to view the entire gallery. Go on and take a look.

Transformers Encore Sky Lynx

Transformers News: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx

Transformers News: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx

Transformers News: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx

Transformers News: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx

Transformers News: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx

Transformers News: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx

Transformers News: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx

Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx (1767824)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on February 18th, 2016 @ 9:00pm CST
I wish the new skylinks could split in sky and links, just like this amazing g1 toy
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx (1767828)
Posted by LegendaryAntiHero on February 18th, 2016 @ 9:05pm CST
I'm fine with the new Skylinx but I agree the ability to split apart was cool
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx (1775898)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 27th, 2016 @ 10:29pm CDT
Fellow Seibertronians, today we bring you four new galleries positively brimming with G1 goodness with the Deluxe Insecticons: Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack. You may recognize a familiar face amongst them, as Chop Shop has just received a Combiner Wars Legends Class update, so check out Chop Shop and his Insecticon cohorts and let us know what you think in the comments below.

G1 1985 Venom

G1 1985 Chop Shop

G1 1985 Ransack

G1 1985 Barrage

Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx (1775904)
Posted by Rainmaker on March 27th, 2016 @ 10:54pm CDT
Wow, they look like pretenders almost.

Gotta say, I like G1 Chop Shop better than CW Chop Shop.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx (1775910)
Posted by Ultra Markus on March 27th, 2016 @ 11:47pm CDT
i always liked those guys, thought they had better robot modes than the other three
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx (1775911)
Posted by MGrotusque on March 28th, 2016 @ 12:26am CDT
I'm waiting for an official or even a 3rd party release of a proper Venom. Desperately. Venom was one of the first Transformers i ever owned as a kid. HE looks fantastic in both modes and i love that his whole torso is die cast.

Will somebody please make an updated Venom please!!
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx (1775912)
Posted by Seibertron on March 28th, 2016 @ 1:00am CDT
MGrotusque wrote:I love the Deluxe Insecticons. This gallery inspired me to pull all mine out of storage. THey are a glorious looking team.

Will somebody please make an updated Venom please!!

These guys have been part of my collection in one form or another for at least 10 years or so. I've gone through a few different versions of them trying to get them ready for the galleries. At one point I was going to do repro labels on them, but one by one I obtained original sticker sheets, better versions of them, and so on.

A mosquito or something along those lines is what I always thought Venom was because I thought his insect mode had a needle nose. A harmless Cicada was not what I thought Venom was and I love that he has a happy face as a Cicada. :D

What's the deal with Barrage's fragile green plastic?
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx (1775915)
Posted by Rainmaker on March 28th, 2016 @ 1:58am CDT
Atleast it isn't (fragile) gold plastic.

(G2 Barrage with gold plastic, now!)

:MAXIMAL:
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx (1775985)
Posted by Seibertron on March 28th, 2016 @ 10:51am CDT
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:Atleast it isn't (fragile) gold plastic.

(G2 Barrage with gold plastic, now!)

:MAXIMAL:

It might as well be. The "horns" on his chest easily break, the insect legs break off, and on the one featured in this gallery, the hinge joint for his insect mode's horns broke, which I finally managed to get superglued back together so that it would be functional at least for my gallery so that I could finish them. I'll look for a 3rd replacement for this figure in my collection while I'm at BotCon next month.
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx (1775999)
Posted by MGrotusque on March 28th, 2016 @ 11:49am CDT
My barrage is still in good shape but I tread lightly around him. I don't want him to break. He's a tough guy to find in good condition and I got a nice minty one.

I have 3 different Venoms in varying degrees of awesomeness. Accept for one. I was so excited to finally get him in hand and relish in child like nestalgia that I dropped him and snapped his arm off. So bummed.
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx (1776000)
Posted by Diem on March 28th, 2016 @ 11:50am CDT
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx (1776003)
Posted by Seibertron on March 28th, 2016 @ 11:56am CDT
Diem wrote:I had no idea Barrage had such a goofy robot face, since I've only seen him from a distance before.

His face is the odd one out in this quartet. His body is fine, it's just hist face that's goofy. It'd be interesting to see Combiner Wars Bombshell with an updated Barrage head.
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx (1776769)
Posted by Bounti76 on March 31st, 2016 @ 2:53pm CDT

Will somebody please make an updated Venom please!!

According to TFWiki, it doesn't seem likely we'll ever get reissues of these guys, since Bandai owns the molds. Still, just like Chop Shop has been retooled from Generations Shrapnel, there's nothing to stop HasTak from creating new molds or slightly retooling existing molds to give these guys some love.
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx (1783187)
Posted by Va'al on April 21st, 2016 @ 2:17am CDT
Not that it looks it will be that needed, but just in time to help get everyone excited for Hasbro's upcoming Titans Return line, Seibertron.com is happy to present a new set of galleries in the Generation 1 catch-up, all the way from 1987, featuring G1 Targetmasters Slugslinger, Misfire, Triggerhappy, Crosshairs, Pointblank, and Sureshot - and two for the price of one (still free!), we also include their tiny Targetmaster partners (as we will see happening with Titan Masters soon, though in different size) Caliburst, Aimless, Blowpipe, Pinpointer, Peacemaker, and Spoilsport!

Waiting for the full update for these figure in new Generations molds, click on any of the images below to browse through a numbers of blasts from the past, includin 360° looks at the figures, under the foot and comparison shots - pew pew.

G1 1987 Slugslinger

G1 1987 Triggerhappy

G1 1987 Misfire

G1 1987 Pointblank

G1 1987 Sureshot

G1 1987 Crosshairs

G1 1987 Caliburst

G1 1987 Blowpipe

G1 1987 Aimless

G1 1987 Peacemaker

G1 1987 Spoilsport

G1 1987 Pinpointer

Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx (1783189)
Posted by Rainmaker on April 21st, 2016 @ 2:19am CDT
I surely thought Sureshot was a Decepticon targetmaster.

:MAXIMAL:

(Pun partially intended)
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx (1783191)
Posted by Bounti76 on April 21st, 2016 @ 2:33am CDT
Nice galleries! Especially loved Pointblank and Peacemaker.....those were the only Targetmaster(s) I ever had as a kid.

Did you have any trouble transforming the Decepticon Targetmaster partners? I know they're notorious for breaking at the hips.
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx (1783193)
Posted by Cyberpath on April 21st, 2016 @ 2:50am CDT

Pioneers.

Never had any Targetmasters, but always liked the introduction of the new Autobot cars and Decepticon jets to the series.
So is this group getting new molds in Titans Return?
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx (1783207)
Posted by Microraptor on April 21st, 2016 @ 7:04am CDT
How come we haven't had a redeco of Safeguard as Blowpipe? They look so similar!
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx (1783234)
Posted by Big Grim on April 21st, 2016 @ 8:58am CDT
I had Targetmaster Kup. Loved him and Recoil.

Always wanted the Decepticon Targetmasters. They look awesome!
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 07 Sky Lynx (1783251)
Posted by 8 bit on April 21st, 2016 @ 10:47am CDT
I've got Crosshairs, the only Targetmaster I had as a kid. Funny how the Decepticon jets have clear windows and the Autobots are painted on; the color schemes and designs for the Deceptions look better too IMO.

I enjoyed these galleries! I think Slugslinger has aged the best; just a nice, balanced G1 toy.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "LG50 Sixshot | Japanese Transformers Legends Import Takara Tomy Generations" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 1985 G1 Hasbro  Milton Bradley Card # 47 Purple Vs Blue Sky Variant" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Nightbeat, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn Chase" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 2016 Generations Titans Return BRAINSTORM & TESLOR Figure SDCC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class FIREDRIVE & HOT ROD Complete" on EBAY