New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010

New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010

Tuesday, September 6th, 2011 12:22am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 61,078

To calm the chaos that was unleashed upon the Seibertron.com galleries by our last entry, the Amazon Exclusive 25th Anniversary Unicron, we now present Takara's Welcome to Transfomers 2010 Creator Primus. A repaint of Supreme Class Cyberton Primus, this version features a shiny metallic finish more suited to represent the home planet of our favorite transforming alien robots.

Primus
Welcome to Transformers 2010

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010 (1286195)
Posted by Malicron on September 6th, 2011 @ 12:49am CDT
Look at the metallic swirls in the plastic. Gold Plastic Syndrome anyone?
Re: New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010 (1286197)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on September 6th, 2011 @ 1:15am CDT
Malicron wrote:Look at the metallic swirls in the plastic. Gold Plastic Syndrome anyone?

Those are common in some silver plastics, and it's not GPS cause these don't shatter when you look at them. ;)
Re: New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010 (1286203)
Posted by RhA on September 6th, 2011 @ 1:41am CDT
It just looks so bland in comparison to Cybertron Primus.
Re: New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010 (1286224)
Posted by KnightStrike on September 6th, 2011 @ 4:53am CDT
I really like this version. Wonder what retail will be on this thing?
Re: New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010 (1286228)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 6th, 2011 @ 6:50am CDT
I hadn't realized this gallery wasn't up yet. Cool. 8)

Hey Ryan, I've been wondering something about this figure. How does it look in Planet Mode when one switches out its blue arm missiles for the Cybertron version's black missiles?

RhA wrote:It just looks so bland in comparison to Cybertron Primus.
You gotta admit that it looks better than Cybertron Primus in Planet Mode. ;)

Also, for those who didn't see it previously, here's the TFSource video review of Creator Primus.
Re: New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010 (1286231)
Posted by horus on September 6th, 2011 @ 7:06am CDT
wish Hasbro would do another version, just like the Amazon exclusive Unicron.
....and with RED chest :grin:

Re: New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010 (1286233)
Posted by freakzero1981 on September 6th, 2011 @ 7:40am CDT
honestly i dont like either one.i remember long ago like in 2007 walmart had these hasbro cybertron primes on clearance. i still passed on em.hasbro should release a red chest version.and fix the color pallet.and then maybe i would consider.
Re: New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010 (1286256)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 6th, 2011 @ 9:12am CDT
Re: New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010 (1286257)
Posted by Counterpunch on September 6th, 2011 @ 9:15am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Wow, I knew Cybertron Primus and 2010 Primus were similar, but I never realised they were so close in appearance. Anybody holding out for a Hasbro reissue of the guy?

Unlikely...I mean, the Takara ones were essentially shelfwarmers even at BBTS when they were clearanced to $100.
Re: New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010 (1286262)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 6th, 2011 @ 9:29am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

That and Unicron is more famous....
Re: New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010 (1286278)
Posted by synthetik on September 6th, 2011 @ 10:00am CDT
It's an amazing figure but the robot feels really bare like it's missing something. It's definitely a fun piece to actually play around with though
Re: New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010 (1286279)
Posted by Rated X on September 6th, 2011 @ 10:06am CDT
I never realized how nice the Takara version looked. But the major differences are in planet mode which is not really a popular display mode because of scale. I found the Hasbro version at a flea market for ten bucks. (minus the missles and key) And you dont need the key to transform him. Just use a AA battery, it fits the slot perfect.
Re: New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010 (1286350)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 6th, 2011 @ 2:56pm CDT
Re: New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010 (1286353)
Posted by Counterpunch on September 6th, 2011 @ 3:02pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:Still want this pretty bad, since I don't have any version of the mold yet... I'm really hoping BBTS will drop the price further, since they still seem to have a lot of stock.

They dropped it to $100 on their second clearance effort from $125. The original price was $140.

Now it's on clearance for $109 or something.
Re: New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010 (1286359)
Posted by Flux Convoy on September 6th, 2011 @ 3:18pm CDT
I still like this and will end up getting him eventually.
:BOT:
Re: New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010 (1286432)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 6th, 2011 @ 7:13pm CDT
Re: New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010 (1286434)
Posted by Counterpunch on September 6th, 2011 @ 7:16pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:They should've included a remolded dismembered Unicron head similar to what the Cybertron Primus had.

For the price, they should have...
Re: New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010 (1286500)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 6th, 2011 @ 10:17pm CDT
I got mine for 110$+60$ship from Hong-Kong for mine. Yeah, that's a lot of money, but he came really fast. I really love the planet mode and a purple and pink Cybertron was not very interesting... and it was barely more expansive than a complete Cybertron one anyway.

Also, it make for some amazing display with my 90$ brand new (and now unsealed) Armada Unicron!

Re: New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010 (1286731)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 7th, 2011 @ 1:41pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

Now it's on clearance for $109 or something.

I noticed... I'd jump on it if I had a spare $109 but unfortunately I don't right now. Maybe I need to ask myself: Encore Devastor or 2010 Primus? Tough decision...
Re: New Gallery: Takara's Primus - Welcome to Transformers 2010 (1286735)
Posted by Flux Convoy on September 7th, 2011 @ 1:57pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:

Now it's on clearance for $109 or something.

Tough choice there, man. Who knows when we'll get another crack at Devastator or if they'll run it into the ground. (PLEASE!!!) Primus might be more of a rare opportunity.
:BOT:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy HEAT SCRAMBLE Transformers Starter Set TFD-00" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters - BLOWPIPE (NEW)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES WARRIOR MACE MASH GNAW (062)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sludge Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY