New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock

Thursday, April 3rd, 2014 2:53am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 42,838

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

You've seen the Takara Tomy Generations version the other day, now it's time for another shiny repaint of the king - in Seibertron.com's new full gallery of Transformers Platinum Edition Grimlock! The set also includes an effectively identical to the SDCC 2012 exclusive deco of the Generations mult-deluxe combiner Bruticus, whose gallery can be viewed here. Click on any of the images below to view the whole Grimlock gallery!

Platinum Edition Grimlock

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock (1562252)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 3rd, 2014 @ 7:58am CDT
The metallic paint is so shiny it almost looks like satin.

Though, it also has an eerie green tint to it that looks off.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock (1562293)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 3rd, 2014 @ 10:16am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The metallic paint is so shiny it almost looks like satin.

Though, it also has an eerie green tint to it that looks off.


Are you sure it's paint and not chrome?
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock (1562297)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 3rd, 2014 @ 10:21am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The metallic paint is so shiny it almost looks like satin.

Though, it also has an eerie green tint to it that looks off.


Are you sure it's paint and not chrome?
*shrugs* Might be chrome.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock (1562306)
Posted by Amelie on April 3rd, 2014 @ 10:33am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Though, it also has an eerie green tint to it that looks off.


I was thinking the exact same thing!

"New greened appearance gold chrome to match the grays once they start to yellow! Special windowsill edition!"
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock (1562323)
Posted by Seibertron on April 3rd, 2014 @ 10:58am CDT
Amelie wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Though, it also has an eerie green tint to it that looks off.


I was thinking the exact same thing!

"New greened appearance gold chrome to match the grays once they start to yellow! Special windowsill edition!"


Yah the gold chrome definitely has a slight greenish tint to it.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock (1562359)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on April 3rd, 2014 @ 12:30pm CDT
I have it in hand (Great set, especially on sale). The Chrome is definitely greenish. I totally had it displayed in a room with lime green paint, so I wasn't sure at first whether it was the actual chrome. It is though, it looks a tad green in any light
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock (1643507)
Posted by Va'al on January 27th, 2015 @ 2:38am CST
Did you baaaah-y into the Platinum edition Transformers Masterpiece reissues? Or were you feeling a bit sheepish about the whole thing? Well, the following gallery might make you change your mind - take a look at the latest offering in the Year of the ____ cycle of re-editions of previous toys, featuring the master communicator himself and this year's Chinese zodiac symbol: MP Soundwave and fellow cassettes, under a gold, white and translucent deco for Year of the Goat!

Featuring all the accessories of the original Hasbro release of the mold, it also includes the five cassette minions friends for the synaesthetic boom-box, the two birds Laserbeak and Buzzsaw, double trouble and practically indistinguishable Frenzy and Rumble and straight-talking Ravage. They all share the same redeco features, plus the reworked Decepticon symbol depicting part of the Chinese ideogram for Year of the Goat. Click on any of the images below for the full gallery!

Platinum Edition Year of the Goat Soundwave

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Platinum Edition Year of the Goat Rumble

Image


Platinum Edition Year of the Goat Laserbeak

Image


Platinum Edition Year of the Goat Ravage

Image


Platinum Edition Year of the Goat Frenzy

Image


Platinum Edition Year of the Goat Buzzsaw

Image
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock (1643511)
Posted by RhA on January 27th, 2015 @ 3:09am CST
He should have come with a transformable sheep.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock (1643522)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on January 27th, 2015 @ 4:51am CST
RhA wrote:He should have come with a transformable sheep.


Does Soundwave dream of electric sheep?
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock (1643530)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 27th, 2015 @ 6:31am CST
I keep trying to tell myself that this works for some people, and that to those people, it looks nice, but the more I see it, there's no getting around it: that thing is fugly. Clear and orange? WTF??
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock (1643537)
Posted by peaces on January 27th, 2015 @ 7:37am CST
didn't think it could get worse than sunstorm. i was wrong.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock (1643543)
Posted by TheVenocWarlord on January 27th, 2015 @ 7:57am CST
Desslok2201 wrote:I keep trying to tell myself that this works for some people, and that to those people, it looks nice, but the more I see it, there's no getting around it: that thing is fugly. Clear and orange? WTF??


Now, if it was white and orange, where the white replaced the clear, I'd be very tempted to buy it. The orange looks great on it. Combined with the clear, however, it does look odd.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock (1643546)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 27th, 2015 @ 8:03am CST
TheVenocWarlord wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote:I keep trying to tell myself that this works for some people, and that to those people, it looks nice, but the more I see it, there's no getting around it: that thing is fugly. Clear and orange? WTF??


Now, if it was white and orange, where the white replaced the clear, I'd be very tempted to buy it. The orange looks great on it. Combined with the clear, however, it does look odd.

I agree. Creamsicle Soundwave would be better than 'I think I'm a test shot' Soundwave
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock (1643564)
Posted by shajaki on January 27th, 2015 @ 9:20am CST
i wonder if this will start showing up in say... BBTS or TRU's.... i dont wanna pay a premium to get the sucker.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock (1643579)
Posted by Rated X on January 27th, 2015 @ 9:51am CST
They should have given it clear yellow plastic for a cool frozen piss effect...
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock (1643586)
Posted by Seibertron on January 27th, 2015 @ 10:05am CST
Soundwave would look much better if he was done up like his Cassettes.

Hasbro didn't use a clear image of the symbol that represents Year of the Goat. From my Google searches, it looks like it's supposed to be the Earthly Branch symbol. If I used the incorrect symbol, please correct me so that I can update the spotlight image accordingly.

Image
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock (1643592)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 27th, 2015 @ 10:25am CST
Seibertron wrote:Soundwave would look much better if he was done up like his Cassettes.

Hasbro didn't use a clear image of the symbol that represents Year of the Goat. From my Google searches, it looks like it's supposed to be the Earthly Branch symbol. If I used the incorrect symbol, please correct me so that I can update the spotlight image accordingly.

Image


The characters for goat are 山羊, at least in Japanese. Chinese has different ones: 色鬼. The latter has the main meaning in both cases.

Except those aren't the symbols that Hasbro used on the Year of the Horse package. The symbol they used last year came from the Chinese Zodiac symbols which are different than the actual words.

Image
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock (1643600)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 27th, 2015 @ 10:38am CST
Not JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Except those aren't the symbols that Hasbro used on the Year of the Horse package. The symbol they used last year came from the Chinese Zodiac symbols which are different than the actual words.

Image


OK, that's a weird glitch...

Anyway, the character for Sheep 羊 seems to be the closest match, it's just highly stylised I'm guessing. Two disconnected stripes on top, one vertical line and three horizontal.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock (1643601)
Posted by Seibertron on January 27th, 2015 @ 10:39am CST
Seibertron wrote:Except those aren't the symbols that Hasbro used on the Year of the Horse package. The symbol they used last year came from the Chinese Zodiac symbols which are different than the actual words.

Image


I updated it based on the stylized images at this link ...

http://www.geckoandfly.com/13034/100-chinese-japanese-kanji-tattoo-symbols-designs/

If you force a refresh in your browser, it will update with the new symbol.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Platinum Edition Voyager Grimlock (1643603)
Posted by Seibertron on January 27th, 2015 @ 10:44am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Anyway, the character for Sheep 羊 seems to be the closest match, it's just highly stylised I'm guessing. Two disconnected stripes on top, one vertical line and three horizontal.



Thanks for your help, JelZe GoldRabbit :D

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
Twincast / Podcast #275:
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Noon Mechtech Human Alliance BACKFIRE & SPIKE WITWICKY" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro. Transformers Siege. War for Cybertron Trilogy. Figure: REFRAKTOR Ages 8+" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy HEAT SCRAMBLE Transformers Starter Set TFD-00" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters - BLOWPIPE (NEW)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES WARRIOR MACE MASH GNAW (062)" on EBAY