New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS

New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS

Monday, February 23rd, 2015 12:46am CST

Categories: Site News, Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 45,028

In 1990, the Transformers Zone OVA videocassette was released in Japan, collecting the entirety of the Victory sequel - consisting of just the one episode! The 'series' follows new Autobot leader Dai Atlas, and focused on the Micromasters, in their Planet Zone defense base. Among them, Rabbicrater, commander of Zone City's lunar base and pilot, the newest offering in the Seibertron.com galleries!

The Rabbicrater figure itself is a blue redeco of the 1989 Skystalker mold, and transforms into a Porsche 959 sports car. Purchasing the OVA videocassette was the only means to acquire the figure too, and you can take a look at both items in our galleries, by clicking on any image below!

Zone Rabbicrater

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS

Re: New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS (1654971)
Posted by RhA on February 23rd, 2015 @ 12:57am CST
This is exactly the kind of stuff I love. Beautiful artwork and an obscure toy.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS (1655041)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 23rd, 2015 @ 9:12am CST
Didn't realize how similar Metrobomb looks to both Skystalker and Rabbicrater, essentially using the former's altmode colors and the latter's robot mode colors.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS (1655049)
Posted by ScottyP on February 23rd, 2015 @ 9:31am CST
Woo hoo, Zone stuff! Love it. The bots from this era really need more reissues, there are some plain stellar toys from Zone/Return of Convoy that take the Micromasters to another level of fun.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS (1655072)
Posted by Desslok2201 on February 23rd, 2015 @ 10:09am CST
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS (1655436)
Posted by monstrinhotron on February 24th, 2015 @ 4:43am CST
Rabbi-Crater? that might be the oddest TF name since Erector.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS (1655468)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 24th, 2015 @ 7:16am CST
monstrinhotron wrote:Rabbi-Crater? that might be the oddest TF name since Erector.
The name comes from the Japanese folklore legend of the Rabbit of the Moon, as opposed to the Western forklore legend of the Man in the Moon.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS (1655477)
Posted by RhA on February 24th, 2015 @ 7:32am CST
Desslok2201 wrote:It's things like this that make me realize how many holes there are in my collection

Yeah. I've got a Dai Atlas-sized hole in my collection.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS (1655484)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 24th, 2015 @ 7:54am CST
RhA wrote:

Yeah. I've got a Dai Atlas-sized hole in my collection.

I don't ;) Got the Kabaya kits of the Powered Masters, and they're great!

Sabrblade wrote:

Japan has a lot of weird names, and Rabbicrater isn't weird, considering.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS (1655859)
Posted by Amelie on February 25th, 2015 @ 12:54am CST

Oh, ignorance is a terrible, terrible thing - if only I'd known! That said... I still don't research my japanese TFs nearly as much as I ought to. :P
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS (1655864)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 25th, 2015 @ 1:36am CST
Amelie wrote:I once had the misfortune a few years back to pass up on buying Rabbicrater for 50p (yes, FIFTY pence) because I didn't collect Micromasters. I passed on it, despite thinking "I'm sure that toy isn't normally blue".

You're not the only one. Passed the opportunity to get a roughly $40. Dezaras because I wasn't familiar with him back then in 1992. :BOOM:
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS (1655865)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 25th, 2015 @ 1:39am CST

You're not the only one. Passed the opportunity to get a roughly $40 Dezaras because I wasn't familiar with him back then in 1992. :BOOM:
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS (1655871)
Posted by RhA on February 25th, 2015 @ 2:34am CST
fenrir72 wrote:

Both these posts are so terrible even I feel the pain.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS (1655877)
Posted by Amelie on February 25th, 2015 @ 3:12am CST
I only remember so specifically because it was blue and I kept thinking "Should've bought it. Its a different colour" after I'd gone home :P
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS (1655918)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 25th, 2015 @ 6:50am CST
fenrir72 wrote:

Though not nearly as old as those two figures, I once passed on getting a sweet deal on a Beast Wars Telemocha Series Archadis to go with the BWTMS Waspeeter that I did get because, at the time, my primary goal was getting the BWTMS toys of just the American characters, forgetting that I also wanted the pack-in DVDs that came with each figure (including Archadis). :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS (1655923)
Posted by megatronus on February 25th, 2015 @ 8:12am CST
People stop you're making me :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM:
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS (1655950)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 25th, 2015 @ 9:47am CST

And I still hate you for that, I so wanted that one! :sad:

(kidding sweetie, I still love you *hugs*)
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS (1664413)
Posted by redoutlander on March 19th, 2015 @ 12:32pm CDT
These are some cool looking guys. I don't think that Hasbro or Shout would ever release english dubs, but I think it would be awsome to get a rerelease of this or some other Japan only stuf from the Headmaster/Victory/Masterforce era with a pack-in episode. I'd even take one with the same old school art cover!
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS (1671668)
Posted by Va'al on April 6th, 2015 @ 4:12am CDT
The Transformers franchise is currently all abuzz with Combiner Wars, so Seibertron.com has decided to take some time to showcase some earlier combiners too, and quite an update to our galleries and the fandom it is. They've shown up in the IDW comics (in Empire of Stone and the cover of this week's MTMTE), they're linked to the recent Masterpiece Star Saber figure - time to feast your optics and receptors on Liokaiser and the single Breastforce members: Leozack and Lionbreast, Drillhorn and Hornbreast, Guyhawk and Hawkbreast, Hellbat and Kōmoribreast, Jallguar and Jaguarbreast, Killbison and Bisonbreast!

Not only is the full set really quite expensive (the box set alone goes for $750 to $1,800 depending on the condition), it's also really hard to find them now in good condition, and to get the stickers to stay put due to the age of the adhesive and the toys - Seibertron took all his time and care to apply and reapply them for the galleries. And if that wasn't enough, Killbison is made of the extremely fragile gold plastic.

So, all that said, sit back, scroll down, click on any of the images below, and let us know what you think of Liokaiser and the team members of the Breastforce below. And who knows, maybe we can get Hasbro or Takara to include them in a late Combiner Wars re-imagining...

Victory Liokaiser

Victory Leozack

Victory Gaihawk

Victory Hellbat

Victory Jarugar

Victory Killbison

Victory Drillhorn

Victory Lionbreast

Victory Hawkbreast

Victory Komoribreast

Victory Jaguarbreast

Victory Bisonbreast

Victory Hornbreast

Re: New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS (1671673)
Posted by RhA on April 6th, 2015 @ 4:38am CDT
Glorious.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Zone C-350 Rabbicrater with Zone OVA VHS (1671679)
Posted by Jeen0808 on April 6th, 2015 @ 5:01am CDT
More combiner galleries, eh? 2001's Robots in Disguise Landfill, anyone?

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers: Titans Return - DABURU & TWINFERNO - MISB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON MECHTECH  AUTOBOT MUDFLAP   HASBRO 2011 BNIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG10 Arcee" on EBAY