New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung

New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung

Friday, November 1st, 2019 11:37am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 54,750

Greetings Seibertronians! Today we bring you a gallery of one of the last wave of Battlemasters to be released for the Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege line! This is a completely new mold and isn't a redeco of anyone. For those who don't know, Rung is an original character that debuted in IDWs first Transformers continuity, mainly appearing in More Than Meets The Eye/Lost Light series. In that continuity it is revealed that Rung is actually Primus (the first Transformer) He is yet to appear in any other continuity.

Please check out the images below then head over to the gallery to see the rest.

War for Cybertron: SIEGE Rung (125 images) - Battle Masters

Transformers News: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung

Transformers News: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung

Transformers News: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung

Transformers News: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung

Transformers News: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung

Transformers News: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung

Transformers News: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung

Transformers News: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung

Stay tuned to Seibertron for more galleries coming soon, including Transformers Siege Rumble, Ratbat, Direct Hit and Power Punch, and Refraktor! Coming to your screens very soon!

Re: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung (2043532)
Posted by carytheone on November 1st, 2019 @ 11:44am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Image
That's a neat/interesting/eclectic mix of figure molds to make up the Lost Light crew. I would have never thought of using that Rodimus, but it makes complete sense. CW Megatron seems like an odd choice other than size and he did come with Autobot symbol stickers (not pictured ;) ).

Cool beans, makes me want to try and make a LL display again :-?

Rung is a must get, but he'll be permanently in "ornament" mode over Swerve's shoulder :lol:
Re: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung (2043545)
Posted by Skritz on November 1st, 2019 @ 3:27pm CDT
Re: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung (2043546)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 1st, 2019 @ 3:49pm CDT
Skritz wrote:While I don't like Rung as a character at all I can definitely appreciate the uniqueness of his mold and the fact it came out in Siege, of all things. Still totally planning to sand down his face and turn him into protoforms/stasis pods. :twisted:

Thats just mean, what did the first Transformer ever (in IDW ver 1 at least) do to you :-P

Still, an awesome plan for a custom, it'd be interesting for hasbro to make protoform toys at one point for army building. Just call them blanks and be done with it.
Re: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung (2043547)
Posted by Skritz on November 1st, 2019 @ 3:59pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

Being the awful self insert of an awful writer retcon into basically being God?
Re: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung (2043548)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 1st, 2019 @ 4:04pm CDT
Different strokes for different folks :) I had no problems with him and I liked him being Primus, especially since other then the ability to regenerate (a bet limited) and creating matrixes, he wasn't specially powerful which worked well with what Shockwave was laying down in the other book about the Primes as he created them in a weird bootstrap paradox. Yeah though I can understand some not liking him.
Re: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung (2043550)
Posted by Stargrave on November 1st, 2019 @ 4:52pm CDT
I love Rung like crazy come on he’s one of the best creations from one of the most thoughtful Transformers writers ever the only bummer is they didn’t go full Deluxe Weaponizer with him. But hey that’s just my opinion :lol:
Re: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung (2043558)
Posted by Nexus Knight on November 1st, 2019 @ 6:02pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:He is yet to appear in any other continuity.

That's mostly true.
Re: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung (2043559)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 1st, 2019 @ 6:03pm CDT
Damn, Rung looks really good! they did him pretty well.

That Rodimus is on my list to eventually get. That is the perfect MTMTE Rodimus. Best comic book I've ever read
Re: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung (2043561)
Posted by Stargrave on November 1st, 2019 @ 6:08pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Damn, Rung looks really good! they did him pretty well.

‘Best’ can be debated till the end of time as an old collector I realize that, but for me personally I don’t think I’ve ever been so emotionally invested in a comic and the characters. It just connected with me like nothing else. i really miss it. I miss them.
Re: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung (2043562)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 1st, 2019 @ 6:10pm CDT
Stargrave wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Damn, Rung looks really good! they did him pretty well.

Best is entirely subjective to individuals, but that's my opinion. It's the only comic i consistently reread and thoroughly enjoy during every reread :lol:
Re: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung (2043563)
Posted by Deadput on November 1st, 2019 @ 6:15pm CDT
Skritz wrote:
Being the awful self insert of an awful writer retcon into basically being God?

From what I remember Primus wasn't even a "god" in IDW just one of the earliest Transformers, hell the actual guy wasn't a planet former just a normal sized dude who was part of a group of 4 other dudes.

He wasn't even strong or anything, the one thing he could do was poop crystals out of himself.
Re: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung (2043564)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on November 1st, 2019 @ 6:52pm CDT
haldand wrote:Someone needs to explain to me why Power of The Primes Tailgate is $629.59, (on Wallmart.ca).

Walmart.ca is full of 3rd party sellers...at least one of which is trying to gouge collectors.
Re: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung (2043565)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on November 1st, 2019 @ 7:35pm CDT
Re: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung (2043566)
Posted by aronjlove on November 1st, 2019 @ 7:53pm CDT

Those who ordered Ratchet as soon as it became available on the Walgreen's website should be receiving theirs as I was one of them and mine showed up today. In a separate shipment I received Singe and Pteraxadon. I wish Hasbro's battle masters had knees like the Targetmasters that came with Takara's legends. I'm sure something had to give so they could include the blast effects but look at these two, patiently waiting for the bus. Image
Re: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung (2043568)
Posted by Skritz on November 1st, 2019 @ 8:51pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Really liking Rung. Just wish HasTak would sell a bag of the parts in all the different colors they've got because Rung's would look great in purple for Siege Megatron's fusion blast :lol:

If it was up to me running this trilogy I'd have Battlemasters (and effects) blind bags and every mold available in 3-4 colors and each mold would have at least 2-3 permutation of the barrel. If it was up to me I'd have these guys so produced the molds would fall apart! :lol:
Re: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung (2043569)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on November 1st, 2019 @ 9:14pm CDT
Skritz wrote:

So what Takara did with the minicons then?
Re: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung (2043579)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 2nd, 2019 @ 12:01am CDT
Skritz wrote:

You had me until the whole blind bagging. I definitely feel there should've been more barrel options, especially of the single variety.
Re: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung (2043583)
Posted by Skritz on November 2nd, 2019 @ 10:15am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Skritz wrote:

This is a hypothetical scenario where I'm a corporate suit. I'd be legally obligated to thrown in at least one scummy curveball to make the fandom hate me!
Re: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung (2043586)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on November 2nd, 2019 @ 10:27am CDT
Skritz wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Skritz wrote:

Well, you found the sure fire way :lol: I have the worst luck with blind bags so I'd practically never get Rung, but I'd get 9 Firedrives so at least there's that :lol:
Re: New Gallery: War for Cybertron Battle Master Rung (2043587)
Posted by Skritz on November 2nd, 2019 @ 10:49am CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Skritz wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Skritz wrote:

Well, I'm sure those multicolored Firedrive could make interesting partners to various Siege figures depending on the color scheme. Speaking of color scheme on Battlemasters: I've swapped limbs around and ended up with spare parts taking the form of a Caliburst with blue limbs and barrel. It looks really cool.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
"Redlining Sixth"
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition AOE Silver Knight Optimus Prime Leader 100% Comp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition AOE Silver Knight Optimus Prime Leader Class MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Jada TransFormers 2016 Chevy Camaro Bumblebee 1:24 With Collectible 100%..." on EBAY
Buy "Jada Hollywood Rides TransFormers 2016 Chevy Camaro Bumblebee 1:32" on EBAY
Buy "Jada The Transformers Hollywood Rides Autobot Optimus Prime 1:24" on EBAY
Buy "2018 TRANSFORMERS HOLLYWOOD RIDES  (OPTIMUS PRIME)  METALS DIE CAST JADA 5700 XE" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Lockdown New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction 12” Lockdown Action Figure New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY