Wednesday, February 17th, 2010 10:16pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 19,823

Amazon.com and Random House Publishing have put up preorders for a new Hardcover Transformers book, Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron.

Very little is known at this point; but it is a large book, with 352 pages. This will most likely tie into the release of Transformers: War for Cybertron game and will most likely be the canon that goes into the game and any Gneration-1 related stories from this point onward.

The book is set to release June 22nd. You may preorder it now from Amazon.com or Random House Publishing

Credit(s): Amazon, Random House Publishing

Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048286)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on February 17th, 2010 @ 10:38pm CST
I'm addicted to art books now... this is now on my radar!
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048295)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 17th, 2010 @ 11:11pm CST
352 pages for a video game?! I wonder what's in this book.
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048309)
Posted by IceWilly on February 18th, 2010 @ 12:13am CST
hardcover and 350 pages of art for 18$... yea thats going to be a purchase
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048315)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 18th, 2010 @ 12:37am CST
Where does it say it's an art book? :???: It could very well be a novel.
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048322)
Posted by Mkall on February 18th, 2010 @ 1:36am CST
UltraPrimal wrote:352 pages for a video game?! I wonder what's in this book.

If I were to guess; I'd say the most comprehensive history of Cybertron we've ever seen.

I'll preorder it as soon as I know some more details
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048347)
Posted by Abraxsis on February 18th, 2010 @ 3:51am CST
If it's an art book, I'll def have to pass on it. If it's a novel, or a fake history type book like there was for star wars, then that'll be a must see.
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048428)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on February 18th, 2010 @ 10:39am CST
352 page art book? i highly doubt that. I'd say its a novel and i'll be picking it up. I wish it came out before the game though..
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048429)
Posted by Hairball178 on February 18th, 2010 @ 10:48am CST
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048487)
Posted by ponycorn on February 18th, 2010 @ 12:59pm CST

It will be a reference book, with both art and facts. I imagine there will be canon-building history, plus profiles for major characters, and also some of the most gorgeous pics of the planet Cybertron we've ever seen.

My biggest hope: Detailed geographic and political maps for Cybertron.
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048493)
Posted by Mechabreaker on February 18th, 2010 @ 1:14pm CST
Now THIS is something that I absolutely cannot wait for! *Does best Grimlock impersonation* ME WANT, AND ME WANT NOW!
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048637)
Posted by lowman_x on February 18th, 2010 @ 8:16pm CST
I'll have to keep my optics peeled for this when it comes out. At 352 pages I'm thinking it's going to be damn comprehensive. Awesome!
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1049487)
Posted by Stormer on February 21st, 2010 @ 4:47pm CST
ponycorn wrote:The answer is right in the title, "The official History of the War for Cybertron."

My biggest hope: Detailed geographic and political maps for Cybertron.

Ponycorn, my hope is that you're right - a referance book with all that great history stuff!

Hairball178 wrote:At first I assumed it was gonna be an art book like the one that came with my Final Fantasy XII strategy guid preorder a couple years ago. Right now it does look likely it's a novel, so it'll probably be something rooted in video game-continuity like the Halo novels.

And that's what my gutt is telling me, too.

I keep going to Amazon.com to see if any new details have been posted, but I think they're gonna keep us in suspense a little longer.
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1049737)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on February 22nd, 2010 @ 4:01pm CST
Just re-reading this thread... for some reason, I was thinking it was an artbook.

It would be cool if it were in the style of World War Z.
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1049792)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on February 22nd, 2010 @ 7:18pm CST
Mkall wrote:
UltraPrimal wrote:352 pages for a video game?! I wonder what's in this book.

I'll preorder it as soon as I know some more details

Well, of this version of Cybertron, I'm guessing.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Cogman The Last Knight 1 Step Turbo Changer Cyberfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Whirl Nearly Complete 1984" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Leader Class WFC-S14 Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron RATCHET Walgreens Exclusive box damage." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers siege war for cybertron ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Deluxe Prowl! War for Cybertron Generations Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Megatron" on EBAY