New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction

New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction

Friday, August 24th, 2018 10:38am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: notsoalex   Views: 17,146

Following up on the Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Hasbro Stock photos found in an eBay auction we have one more auction for Studio Series Dark of the Moon Ratchet! These are the black background stock photos, as well as one white background one, for the box. We already do, however, have stock photos from TakaraTomy, but this is just icing on the cake. You will see that this is a redeco of the previous Studio Series Ratchet figure with the new gun accessory replacing the buzzsaw.

Would you like to by the version of Ratchet? Or are you fine with the ones you already have? Let us know in the forums below!

Transformers News: New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction

Re: New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction (1980410)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 24th, 2018 @ 10:41am CDT
Nah, DotM Ratchet is actually my least wanted figure out of the entire line. The toy itself is great but there's nothing about that makes it interesting to me when I already have the first version other than a different weapon.

I customised mine a bit anyways with some extra paint and also snipped the roof rack thing so it folds neatly with the roof so doesn't drape down behind him in robot form cos that looked ugly and I dunno why Hasbro didn't snip it themselves.
DSC_0896.jpg

So yeah the new one's definitely on my 'if i come across it real cheap and feel like being a completionist' list. :)
Re: New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction (1980412)
Posted by Ravage XK on August 24th, 2018 @ 10:46am CDT
What was the point of the Studio series again?
Re: New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction (1980413)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 24th, 2018 @ 10:49am CDT
Ravage XK wrote:What was the point of the Studio series again?

More movie accurate toys that were also in scale to each other...apart from whatever ksi sentry is and shadow raider (though that one seems to be a way to get lockdowns masks head out and his rifle out)
Re: New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction (1980414)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 24th, 2018 @ 10:57am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Ravage XK wrote:What was the point of the Studio series again?

I'm tempted to get at least one Shadow Raider just to have him as Lockdown's troop guy like they were in the film. Obviously they look totally different in the film other than having the masked head look but the toy works as them reformatting to have alt-modes like their leader. Works for me anyways. I just convincing myself cos it turns out i really like that orange and black look on the shadow raiders and the green masked head. :) Both those and the KSI bot make good army builders if my budget would allow and certainly add more colour to the bad guy shelf. :D
Re: New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction (1980415)
Posted by Short Circuit on August 24th, 2018 @ 11:04am CDT
Re: New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction (1980417)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 24th, 2018 @ 11:14am CDT
Short Circuit wrote:Oh yeah, Lockdown had buddies who shared his body type and battle mask didn’t he? And “Shadow X” seems to be the new “X Blast” when it comes to character names.

Not quite his body type but eh it works for the sake of the toy. :P

Re: New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction (1980423)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 24th, 2018 @ 11:46am CDT
What other toys are you standing in with this line?

I feel like some of the TLK stuff goes pretty well.

Voyager TLK Optimus, Megatron, Hound, and Nitro Zeus
MB Warhammer Bumblebee
Premier Berserker

I also went ahead and put Leader Jetfire in the mix. He was too small before, but for this line, he seems just right at least in robot mode.
Re: New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction (1980430)
Posted by Lore Keeper on August 24th, 2018 @ 12:03pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:What other toys are you standing in with this line?

I feel like some of the TLK stuff goes pretty well.

Voyager TLK Optimus, Megatron, Hound, and Nitro Zeus
MB Warhammer Bumblebee
Premier Berserker

Honestly, I find most of the new mold TLK figures fit in quite well with Studio Series. You can tell they were already on an upswing in quality after the low of the AOE toys.
Re: New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction (1980431)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 24th, 2018 @ 12:13pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:What other toys are you standing in with this line?

I feel like some of the TLK stuff goes pretty well.

Voyager TLK Optimus, Megatron, Hound, and Nitro Zeus
MB Warhammer Bumblebee
Premier Berserker

Not home at moment so I may forget some but currently I have some TLK toys like the ones you mention Voyager Megatron, Prime, Wave 3 Bee (with a third party hammer), TLK (and DotM) Barricade, Berserker and Cogman and also I have AoE Drift and the second AoE Bumblebee and Evasion Prime, and a Revenge Optimus Prime (for any time Studio Prime looks too small, though Revenge annoys me with his more limited posability among other things), and RotF Bludgeon.

Oh and Legends class Ravage cos he's awesome and way more scale accurate than the Deluxe. :P
Re: New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction (1980447)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 24th, 2018 @ 1:42pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:What other toys are you standing in with this line?

I feel like some of the TLK stuff goes pretty well.

Voyager TLK Optimus, Megatron, Hound, and Nitro Zeus
MB Warhammer Bumblebee
Premier Berserker

The Last Knight figures seem to be almost a "preview" of the studio series. Some may lack a bit in paint apps (but then again, some studio series figures do too), but the attention to detail in sculpt and size is there. Most of the Deluxe and Voyager TLK figures seem to fit perfectly in terms of aesthetic and size with the Studio Series so far. There are a few cases where I still prefer the Age of Extinction versions of some characters, like Crosshairs and Drift, especially because I have their very well detailed (with paint) Autobots Unite 5-Pack versions. I go back and forth on which Hound I like better, though. The Hasbro Aubobots Unite 5-Pack version of the Movie: The Best version from Takara. Oh, and of course, I still have Movie Advanced Voyager Optimus Prime instead of the Studio Series version displayed, scale be damned. He just looks so much better (though his transformation is nightmarish).
Re: New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction (1980449)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 24th, 2018 @ 1:45pm CDT
I love the articulation on these figures. Not just for cool action poses but nice restful scenes too. <3
DSC_0903.jpg
Re: New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction (1980452)
Posted by Short Circuit on August 24th, 2018 @ 1:49pm CDT
What I did was keep AoE crosshairs in Robot Mode because of his detail (it’s not as good as the 5-pack but I couldn’t find it anywhere) and TLK Crosshairs in vehicle mode because it’s WAAAAAY better in the front. I’d like to see him get a new mould in SS though.
Re: New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction (1980485)
Posted by WreckerJack on August 24th, 2018 @ 6:12pm CDT
Would have preferred the black and lime green Ratchet. I have an old busted night ops Ratchet that I need parts for so I'd rather put the money twards him.
Re: New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction (1980490)
Posted by Short Circuit on August 24th, 2018 @ 6:38pm CDT
I agree. I actually have that toy as well (and willing to sell ;) ) and prefer the more neon or yellow green of that and other ratchets.

I do like the gun but it’s completely unpainted. Looks like a 3D printed accessory fresh out the package.
Re: New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction (1980497)
Posted by Cheetron on August 24th, 2018 @ 6:57pm CDT
I totally want him. I got the red specialist version years ago. I turned him into the Specialist. I just got ss ratchet. He became the Professional. Now all I need is a greenhorn to complete the trio.
Re: New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction (1980515)
Posted by What's Crackin'? on August 24th, 2018 @ 7:58pm CDT
1. Soundwave with Laserbeak (deluxe)
2. Shockwave (small leader or large voyager)
3. Dino (deluxe)

Come on Hasbro just give us a Dino. No one will care if the alt mode isn't a 100% licensed Ferrari. Do what Alien Attack did with their Firage.
Re: New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction (1980520)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 24th, 2018 @ 8:32pm CDT
What's Crackin'? wrote:Honestly I think the time is finally right to release the 3 best Dotm characters in the Studio Series:
1. Soundwave with Laserbeak (deluxe)
2. Shockwave (small leader or large voyager)
3. Dino (deluxe)

I'm more eager for a nice matching set of the "Wreckers" from Dark of the Moon. All Deluxe sized and all in their normal alt modes (or all in their "weaponized" alt modes).
Re: New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction (1980521)
Posted by Short Circuit on August 24th, 2018 @ 8:32pm CDT
1. Soundwave with Laserbeak (deluxe)
2. Shockwave (small leader or large voyager)
3. Dino (deluxe)

Exactly my thoughts. Combiner Wars Dead End was so close to the Ferrari 458 in design I wondered why he never got a deluxe of his own. And soundwave deserves a proper release as well.

With the new custom bumblebee with swappable parts and general SS precedents of iconic accessories, we could see changeable Wreckers. I never found a single one of them at local retail as well!
Re: New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction (1980522)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 24th, 2018 @ 8:38pm CDT
You know, now that we know Hasbro is releasing some very specialized gift packs for the Studio Series line, like SS-15 Bumblebee with swappable alt mode parts or the retro packs that include G1 dino cassettes, I think it's more likely that Hasbro might eventually release some box sets to cover some of the smaller characters in the movies that wouldn't work at Deluxe size (not even if "Jazz" levels of small). We might finally get a "Brains" that way, a proper Wheelie, a new Ravage and Laserbeak, Scalpel, some Insecticons, etc. (Maybe even an Ejector that can stand up on its own!)
Re: New Hasbro stock photos of Studios Series DOTM Ratchet from an eBay auction (1980531)
Posted by william-james88 on August 24th, 2018 @ 10:44pm CDT
1. Soundwave with Laserbeak (deluxe)
2. Shockwave (small leader or large voyager)
3. Dino (deluxe)

Dino was a good character?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Starscream Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Voyager Bulkhead Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Class Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Deluxe Class Bumblebee First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "GI Joe 25th Transformers SDCC SOUNDWAVE & BLASTER Backpack 6 Cassettes 2012 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers NEW * Voyager Sandstorm * Generations Selects Exclusive WFC-GS21" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Voyager Grimlock MISB 2012" on EBAY