New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen

New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen

Thursday, May 22nd, 2008 10:56am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Company News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 14,966

Hasbro Inc. has filed another trademark application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office for another character. This time, it's "The War Within's" The Fallen getting the nod. Details of the application are as follows:

Trademark Source: USPTO
Mark (in words): THE FALLEN
Serial Number: 76689659
Filing Date: Thursday, 15th of May 2008
Status: Newly filed application, not yet assigned to an examining attorney.
Status Date: Tuesday, 20th of May 2008
Registration Number:
Registration Date:
Prior Reg Numbers:
Current Location: 011 -Initial Review/Serialization Branch(Mailroom)
Date In Location: Tuesday, 20th of May 2008
Class Status: Active
Category: toy action figures, toy vehicles and toy robots convertible into other visual toy forms

What could this mean for the future of the Fallen? It's anyones guess. Click on View Users Comments above to tell us what you think it may mean.

Many thanks to Moonbug of TF @ the Moon for the info. To view the original posting, click here.

Credit(s): TF @ the Moon

This article was last modified on Thursday, May 22nd, 2008 1:31pm CDT

Re: New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen (705878)
Posted by City Commander on May 22nd, 2008 @ 11:02am CDT
I think I see him in Animated's future. The bot-con war won't last the entire series I think.
Re: New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen (705881)
Posted by Orion_Prime48 on May 22nd, 2008 @ 11:07am CDT
hmmmm an Animated appearence sounds good but I would much more love to see a new toy for him thats not the Titanium version
Re: New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen (705882)
Posted by Powersa on May 22nd, 2008 @ 11:08am CDT
I'd like to see Fallen fighting Prime (in Animated?) I'm happy with my Titanium Fallen and want more.
Re: New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen (705886)
Posted by Overcracker on May 22nd, 2008 @ 11:11am CDT
Probably for Universe. I think we're going to start seeing a whole bunch of different things in Universe besides the Classics.

Even so, the Titanium mold from what I hear was one fo the better Titaniums out there unlike GIJoe_I_fall_apart_if_you_look_at_me_sideways Megatron.
Re: New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen (705889)
Posted by Omega Charge on May 22nd, 2008 @ 11:15am CDT
ooooh....the Fallen...
Re: New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen (705890)
Posted by waaaaghlord on May 22nd, 2008 @ 11:16am CDT
Re: New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen (705893)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 22nd, 2008 @ 11:20am CDT
Hmmm, I would be up for The Fallen in the Universe line. I have the Titanium version, but I don't like his "block fists". I also wouldn't mind a slightly more sturdy bot mode. Mine is kinda wonky.
Re: New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen (705897)
Posted by City Commander on May 22nd, 2008 @ 11:26am CDT
waaaaghlord wrote:Main villian in the next movie, paving the way for Unicron in the third instalment :twisted:

Could be.... :-?

I seriously doubt universe though. The titanium version seems like enough of a fanwank to me (though I would love a classics version). It's just that the titanium one seems very much a classics figure.
Re: New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen (705903)
Posted by soundwave13c on May 22nd, 2008 @ 11:33am CDT
possible movie application :-?
Re: New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen (705914)
Posted by Nekoman on May 22nd, 2008 @ 11:59am CDT
I don’t think Fallen would fit in too well with the Animated cast.

My bet’s a Universe figure, possibly a repaint. Armada Demolishor maybe? Cybertron tank Unicron?
Re: New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen (705915)
Posted by First Gen on May 22nd, 2008 @ 12:02pm CDT
Nekoman wrote:I don’t think Fallen would fit in too well with the Animated cast.

Good call. I always thought of The Fallen as a herald of Unicron anyway. With the dark powers he had and all. Like a facsimile of the Chaos Bringer.
Re: New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen (705968)
Posted by Cyber-Kun on May 22nd, 2008 @ 1:29pm CDT

Tricky to say, it may be for the 25th anniversary line as well.
Re: New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen (705973)
Posted by Repair Bay on May 22nd, 2008 @ 1:32pm CDT

Cyber-Kun wrote:Tricky to say, it may be for the 25th anniversary line as well.

Both possible, and both would be cool, but I'm not so sure the Movie is ready for Unicron quite yet.
Re: New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen (705980)
Posted by Zeds on May 22nd, 2008 @ 1:43pm CDT
Can't be Megs from the recent TFM since he would have to be the Risen given the trench they dumped him in :grin:
Re: New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen (705994)
Posted by artoni on May 22nd, 2008 @ 1:58pm CDT
I spoke with Alex Milne at BotCon about this, a little; IDW will be making another series that involves him, Vector Prime, & the rest of the original 13. His new design isn't as tankish, and will give him wings.

I assume I'll get the exact look once he finishes my commission of Fallen vs Vector Prime, but he said he needed to finish Reign of Starscream first. :)
Re: New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen (706031)
Posted by yovnocrats on May 22nd, 2008 @ 3:02pm CDT
Re: New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen (706046)
Posted by First Gen on May 22nd, 2008 @ 3:15pm CDT
yovnocrats wrote:over on TFW, JOHNDILLINGA, who is famous for having inside info, has tipped it off that this is a repaint of Armada Overload.

That could very well be true, as its been speculated already, but with the application just being submitted, we won't see a confirmation on this for a while. Nice find though, that seems like a good fit.
Re: New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen (706088)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 22nd, 2008 @ 4:26pm CDT
So long as they don't gay him up in Animated, I'd be happy to see what comes of this.

A voyager sized figure all covered in lightpipe fire, with a flat black worn finish, hell yeah!!!
Re: New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen (706090)
Posted by Overcracker on May 22nd, 2008 @ 4:30pm CDT
First Gen wrote:

Interesting. Being one of the few fans of that mold, it be awesome to see it in Black and orange lava highlights.

Although I would like them to retool his headmaster Rollout. Maybe turn him into something more destructive than a little truck thing.

Still I love the mold, and am so hoping this is actually true.

Also a retool of the head mold would be nice.
Re: New HASBRO Trademark Application: The Fallen (706108)
Posted by Nekoman on May 22nd, 2008 @ 5:09pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:
First Gen wrote:

Still I love the mold, and am so hoping this is actually true.

Also a retool of the head mold would be nice.

I unfortunately wasn’t able to get this mold, so that’s good news here.

One can only hope.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime RID Vehicon SEALED First Edition Robots In Disguise Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blaster Rewind Buzzsaw Lot Complete TR Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise RID Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime BATTLE SUIT Complete Cyberverse Legion" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS CYBERVERSE PRIME OPTIMUS MAXIMUS Lights Sound Missiles Robot HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Skyquake Complete" on EBAY
Buy "IRONHIDE - Loose & Complete - Transformers Prime Cyberverse  - Commander Class" on EBAY
Buy "Nightwatch Optimus Prime TRANSFORMERS PRIME Cyberverse Commander Class figure" on EBAY