New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?!

New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?!

Friday, October 17th, 2008 1:39pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Site Articles, Rumors, Company News
Posted by: Bed Bugs   Views: 44,497

Our friends at Transfromers @ The Moonhave discovered three new trademark applications for Hasbro's Transformers. It also may seem from the beginning that none of these trademarks have anything to do with each other at this time.

The first of the three trademarks is Sparkplug, who was a human character in G1, then a Minicon in Armada, then a robot dog in Animated. Could an Animated Sparkplug toy be on the way? Much like other roleplay toys released in Unicron Trilogy?

The second seems to have Movie connotations, as it's Cyberglyphics. This could be the official designation for the weird markings on the Allspark Cube from the first movie and any other Cybertronian writings we may see in the sequel.

(News Administrator's note: The "Cyberglyphics" sounds very much like the special "hieroglyphics" that seem to appear on the Transformers characters, information which the Seibertron.com "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" insider broke read here.)

Lastly, Leader-1 is returning...but as what? He was first seen as the leader of the Guardians in Gobots and then he was made into a simple Minicon in Armada. Could we be looking at yet another repaint from the Classic's Seeker mold?

As more news regarding these trademarks develops, we will let you know!

Credit(s): Transformers @ The Moon

This article was last modified on Friday, October 17th, 2008 1:49pm CDT

Re: New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?! (815281)
Posted by Venomous Prime on October 17th, 2008 @ 1:43pm CDT
I hope Leader-1 is a Seeker repaint.

OR Animated Prowl.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?! (815286)
Posted by GuyIncognito on October 17th, 2008 @ 1:46pm CDT
Maybe a wave of Classic/Universe-style "re-imaginings" of classic Go-Bots? That would be cool!
Re: New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?! (815304)
Posted by backpack on October 17th, 2008 @ 2:07pm CDT
I wouldn't be suprised if Sparkplug turns out to be a version of Hasbro's Mio pup.

Re: New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?! (815347)
Posted by Covenant on October 17th, 2008 @ 2:30pm CDT

Gimme some new mold Leader-1 lurve!

Original Sin wrote:Then they should bring back Cy-Kill using RiD Sideways mold, or even Cybertron Lugnutz...

OR Animated Prowl.

Animated Oil Slick, if not new killer mold entirely. :mrgreen:
Re: New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?! (815356)
Posted by diosoth on October 17th, 2008 @ 2:34pm CDT
Covenant wrote:Gobots? I'm all for them. While to me they never matched up to Transformers, I still loved them as a kid and their slightly cheaper toys always seemed to end up as gifts for me, thus my referring to them off & on as "the poor kid's Transformer", with love, natch.

Gimme some new mold Leader-1 lurve!

OR Animated Prowl.

Animated Oil Slick, if not new killer mold entirely. :mrgreen:

I'd rather they NOT use an animated mold for that. Keep it compatible with Crasher/Fracture.

Personally, despite general opinion of Universe Silverbolt being crap, I hope that's the silver Leader-1 redeco. Either way, Silverbolt or seeker, I'd want a new, rounded off head.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?! (815359)
Posted by GuyIncognito on October 17th, 2008 @ 2:37pm CDT
Original Sin wrote:I hope Leader-1 is a Seeker repaint.

OR Animated Prowl.

No! No repaints! I don't mind repaints for the most part, but if they're going to make "Go-Bot" TFs, they need to be new molds!
Re: New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?! (815370)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on October 17th, 2008 @ 2:46pm CDT
Animated Oilslick makes a fantastic base-mold for Cy-Kill. I've seen two kitbashes since it first occurred to me, and both were dammed fine.

Leader-1, if he's not going to be a remold, I hope he's a repaint of Jetfire. Silverbolt is already gray, so repainting him into Leader-1 would be a waste. Besides, I was hoping for a repaint of Silverbolt as Whisper.

If they can't do better than a deluxe, I'm hoping they combine the seeker molds. The Classics Starscream mold obviously looks more like Leader-1 in jet mode, but the Ramjet mold's legs are more true to Leader-1. If they could simply transplant Screamer's non-conical head and longer nose onto the Ramjet mode, I think that would be decent.

Also Classics Hound => Smallfoot, and Classics Cyclonus => Fitor.

If I had to bet though, I'd lay odds on another Minicon gift pack done up as Gobot homages. I noticed the other day that most of the Gobots have minicon analogs. Maybe it's because of the comparable aesthetics. The Minicon Abrams Tank that came out in Classics 1.0 had an identical transformation to that Super-Renegade Panther Tank (Destoyer?).
Re: New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?! (815389)
Posted by qwailo on October 17th, 2008 @ 3:01pm CDT
Sparkplug and leader-1? My guess mini-con repaints to go along side another pap re-paint. Mini-cons rock my cock though so its a win all round. :D
Re: New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?! (815446)
Posted by Solrac333 on October 17th, 2008 @ 3:50pm CDT
I wish Gobots were not part of Transformers. I liked them separate from each other.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?! (815482)
Posted by Hard Hacker on October 17th, 2008 @ 4:29pm CDT
We've seen some doner moulds already:

Classics Powerglide - Bad Boy
Classics Warpath - the tank guy
Cybertron Armourhide - the lorry guy
Classics Cosmos - The saucer guy

We've allready got Fracture and Bug Bite. This shall be interesting.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?! (815493)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 17th, 2008 @ 4:38pm CDT
If it's just a repaint, I'd likely have to pass on a Classics Seeker repaint. I've already got that general mould 6 times (All the US released Seekers, save Acid Storm) and it would take Sunstorm in the appropriate Orangey colours or a new damn head to make me get that mould again. If they gave a Leader-1 toy his appropriate head (granted, it'd need to be a bit more square to fit in the Seeker headspace) then I'd be all over it; especially if he had a more Toy than Cartoon accurate headsculpt.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?! (815551)
Posted by Zeds on October 17th, 2008 @ 5:32pm CDT
Re: New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?! (815565)
Posted by ZoneDaiatlas on October 17th, 2008 @ 5:40pm CDT
I thought Bandai owns the rights to Go-Bots or Machine Robo?
Re: New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?! (815569)
Posted by Valandar on October 17th, 2008 @ 5:43pm CDT
Zeds wrote:The day the old gobots become part of TFs is the day I stop collecting. Death knell for the line IMHO!

And we've NEVER heard anything called "Death knell for the line!"...

...and we've had old GoBots as part of TF lines for years now. And don't forget Fracture/Crasher...
Re: New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?! (815585)
Posted by Sledge on October 17th, 2008 @ 6:02pm CDT

Then... er... why are you still here? It's already happened. Time for you to mosey over to some other hobby. Maybe you could collect Star Wars figures? But then, there's just been a Star Wars/Soul Calibur crossover, so that's probably ruined that for you.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?! (815597)
Posted by OPTIMUS MAGNUS on October 17th, 2008 @ 6:16pm CDT
Starwars/Soul caliber? So Soul wars? or Star caliber? sounds interesting....anyways, I hate Gobots. They always felt weird to me as a kid. I like crasher-Fracture tho. Leader-1 bums me out. :MAD: :lol:
Re: New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?! (815621)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 17th, 2008 @ 6:47pm CDT
ZoneDaiatlas wrote:I thought Bandai owns the rights to Go-Bots or Machine Robo?

Tonka owned the Gobots toon and liscenced the Machine Robo toys from Bandai. Hasbro currently owns Tonka, so they own everything Gobotty.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?! (815629)
Posted by UltraPrimal on October 17th, 2008 @ 6:57pm CDT
Re: New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?! (815653)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 17th, 2008 @ 7:29pm CDT
UltraPrimal wrote:I'd prefer new molds, but if they're going to be repaints, Starscream as Leader-1 and Oil Slick as Cy-Kill.

Which Starscream?
Re: New Hasbro Trademark applications - Gobots?! (815663)
Posted by Delicon on October 17th, 2008 @ 7:39pm CDT
I actually posted a topic about Go-Bots in the toys forum a week or 2 ago to see if they are part of the average collector's universe.

I do think there is a place for them, especially as store exclusives like Fracture.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Selects God Neptune Combiner Wars Coelagon Gulf Skalor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmasters Hardhead & Duros" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G15 Hunter Bulkhead Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS02 KRAKEN (Seawing) / Seacons / In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS06 LOBCLAW (Nautilator) / Seacons / In Han" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers | Retro Headmasters | Deluxe Class: Brainstorm + Arcana" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Of The Primes Vector Prime Master Metalhawk" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations CYBER BATTALION SIDESWIPE Complete Figure" on EBAY