New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus

Transformers News: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus

Monday, September 11th, 2017 4:16PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 19,053

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We've brought you a number of updates from Hascon 2017 over the weekend, but we also still have content being uploaded to server and channels - some of which relates to one of the Hasbro Transformers reveals for the Power of the Primes toyline and its Dinobot return: Volcanicus, the combined form of Swoop, Slug, Sludge, Snarl and Grimlock!

The gallery we've uploaded includes a closer look at the grey prototype of the toy, as handled by Hasbro reps and taken by Seibertron at the show. You can access it by clicking on any of the images below.

Transformers News: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus

Transformers News: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus

Transformers News: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus

Transformers News: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus

Transformers News: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus (1910252)
Posted by Kurona on September 11th, 2017 @ 4:23pm CDT
... oh, jeez. Menasor is back.

Re: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus (1910254)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on September 11th, 2017 @ 4:35pm CDT
Yep. That hip setup can't end well.
Re: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus (1910256)
Posted by Relic0037 on September 11th, 2017 @ 4:38pm CDT
I wonder if they will have a legends class figure to act as some kind of add on weapon like they did with Combiner Wars?
Re: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus (1910258)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 11th, 2017 @ 4:45pm CDT
Relic0037 wrote:I wonder if they will have a legends class figure to act as some kind of add on weapon like they did with Combiner Wars?


Nope. The [strike]Titan[/strike]Prime Masters will take that place.
Re: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus (1910260)
Posted by Relic0037 on September 11th, 2017 @ 4:45pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I just clicked through the gallery and I must say my opinion of Rodimus Prime is improving. I'm still not impressed, but I don't hate it as much as I did at first.

However, my opinion is sinking on Optimus Prime. All that gray on the combined mode is distracting. The truck mode is just hideous. Pax is passable.

The Dreadwing combiner just makes me want to reacquire the original G1 figures. Slash is alright.


I agree on Optimus. I would think about getting the Orion Pax if he was sold separately. Curious to see what kind of paint job :TAKARATOMY: will give to the Matrix.
Re: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus (1910261)
Posted by westjames/notirish. on September 11th, 2017 @ 4:48pm CDT
Volcanicus looks good.. but am not a fan of how the shoulders stick out, and sag down a little. Oh well.
Re: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus (1910265)
Posted by WreckerJack on September 11th, 2017 @ 5:02pm CDT
We have so many images to show you from Power of the Primes that we needed to split it into not one but two separate galleries. There are over 180 photos in grand total so be sure to check out those gallery links.

We have posted a few teaser images below to give you a sample. You can see a closer look at all the parts that make up Optimus Prime with Orion Pax as well as the clear plastic detailing on Jazz's headlights (It looks like he may be getting light piping!) We also have images of Voyager Starscream in his Jetmode. There are really too many new things to name so be sure to click the teaser images to see more.













Re: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus (1910276)
Posted by Rysquad on September 11th, 2017 @ 5:56pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Relic0037 wrote:I wonder if they will have a legends class figure to act as some kind of add on weapon like they did with Combiner Wars?


Nope. The [strike]Titan[/strike]Prime Masters will take that place.


In Titans Return, only the Braun Titan Master weapon looks good with a Combiner. All others seem too small, IMO.
Re: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus (1910277)
Posted by DeadCaL on September 11th, 2017 @ 5:56pm CDT


What is it with Hasbro and giant hands and tiny feet? :lol:
Re: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus (1910280)
Posted by Prowl4 on September 11th, 2017 @ 6:14pm CDT
Emerje wrote:You know, part of me wishes Slash was a Deluxe optional fifth deluxe that left Swoop free to form wings on Volcanicus' back.

The more I look at Leader Optimus Prime the more I see the potential in future uses. Orion Pax and the trailer can be retooled into a better Powermaster OP without too many big changes. Then use the new Deluxe PM OP in white with a further modified trailer to make Ultra Magnus. The way Prime's arms go across the top of the trailer is very much like how UM's do. I doubt it'll happen in PotP, but the engineering is there for future use.

I saw the debate about how Hound and Arcee would have been done for the evolving Leader class gimmick. I'm thinking they would simply create a new evolved form for the either of them in the same vein as Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime. Leader class figures do come with a Matrix after all.

I kinda want an A3 that evolves into a Leader Alpha Trion.

I'm looking forward to forming King Starscream with Headmaster Starscream in his chest and Ghost Starscream as an arm.

Emerje


I think now that primal has been revealed there seems to be a what could have been factor. Aside from star saber Hound was my next choice, still surprised Ironhide wasn't a choice, but I think hound might have been a jeep towing a trailer or even a jeep that plugged into one of those six wheel military trucks with the cloth covers that could fit troops in the back. It actually could've linked to the movie hound as hound was pictured wearing a cape and that cloth cover definitely could've looked cool on hound prime. Ah this line is already giving me what ifs.
Re: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus (1910281)
Posted by Rysquad on September 11th, 2017 @ 6:24pm CDT
Prowl4 wrote:
Emerje wrote:You know, part of me wishes Slash was a Deluxe optional fifth deluxe that left Swoop free to form wings on Volcanicus' back.

The more I look at Leader Optimus Prime the more I see the potential in future uses. Orion Pax and the trailer can be retooled into a better Powermaster OP without too many big changes. Then use the new Deluxe PM OP in white with a further modified trailer to make Ultra Magnus. The way Prime's arms go across the top of the trailer is very much like how UM's do. I doubt it'll happen in PotP, but the engineering is there for future use.

I saw the debate about how Hound and Arcee would have been done for the evolving Leader class gimmick. I'm thinking they would simply create a new evolved form for the either of them in the same vein as Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime. Leader class figures do come with a Matrix after all.

I kinda want an A3 that evolves into a Leader Alpha Trion.

I'm looking forward to forming King Starscream with Headmaster Starscream in his chest and Ghost Starscream as an arm.

Emerje


I think now that primal has been revealed there seems to be a what could have been factor. Aside from star saber Hound was my next choice, still surprised Ironhide wasn't a choice, but I think hound might have been a jeep towing a trailer or even a jeep that plugged into one of those six wheel military trucks with the cloth covers that could fit troops in the back. It actually could've linked to the movie hound as hound was pictured wearing a cape and that cloth cover definitely could've looked cool on hound prime. Ah this line is already giving me what ifs.


Waiting for the young Daniel to old Daniel evolve figure... :)
Re: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus (1910294)
Posted by Autobotssuck on September 11th, 2017 @ 7:48pm CDT
Wow, now I want a black Decepticon repaint of that Jazz for my Menasor :D
Re: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus (1910295)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on September 11th, 2017 @ 7:51pm CDT
Autobotssuck wrote:Wow, now I want a black Decepticon repaint of that Jazz for my Menasor :D


Black retool, torso flipped backward, new head, named Fracture or Crasher. thats what i want
Re: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus (1910302)
Posted by Graviton on September 11th, 2017 @ 9:25pm CDT
After getting a better look I think the dino limb modes look fantastic, shame Grimlock is not a good torso.
Re: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus (1910306)
Posted by Sodan-1 on September 11th, 2017 @ 9:33pm CDT
I don't know how long it takes to develop a figure so this may be a stupid question, but is it possible the leader class "evolution" gimmick was conceived after the fan vote for the new Prime? If not then I'm going to put my tin-foil hat on and say Hasbro would have guaranteed Arcee, Hound and Shockwave wouldn't win. What were they going to do, develop and produce a $50-$60 figure of a brand new character with no media support??? Of course not!

I really think they've screwed up Optimus Primal. They've taken the core character, the character destined to become Prime, and turned him into an accessory!!!

<!-- ia0 -->Angry.jpg<!-- ia0 -->

I think it would've been more faithful if Primal transformed into his gorilla mode, and the Optimal armour transformed in to the tank and fighter mode. Alt-mode connectivity could've seen Primal fit in the back/top of the vehicle.
Re: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus (1910307)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 11th, 2017 @ 9:50pm CDT
So I'm really liking the hope/idea that some of the torsos and limbs won't have an assigned team. I think this actually frees up both Hasbro and Takara to do their own thing and we may end up with even more variety between the 2 companies than CW gave us. If Takara is going the UW route with these, I expect some type of storyline and theme, even if the theme is something off the wall like Grand Galvatron.

But here is another thought, what if Takara doesn't go the UW route and instead releases them as individual figures? Or a combination of combiner sets and individual releases or smaller packs like Buster/Hydra? Except for Abominus, none of the others expected in PotP were official combiners, so I can see Takara throwing us for a loop.

Time will tell. At least TR wave 6 being mostly repeats gives my wallet a much needed break for Christmas. I mean, assuming wave 5 shows up before Christmas.
Re: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus (1910317)
Posted by Qwan on September 11th, 2017 @ 10:38pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:I think it would've been more faithful if Primal transformed into his gorilla mode, and the Optimal armour transformed in to the tank and fighter mode. Alt-mode connectivity could've seen Primal fit in the back/top of the vehicle.
Yeah, much as I admire the creativity of having Primal turn into the core of all the Optimal modes, I kinda miss the idea of having those heavy-duty sci-fi vehicles with a monkey sitting on top and driving them. Ah well, dreams must sometimes be shattered in the course of life I suppose... :(
Re: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus (1910318)
Posted by william-james88 on September 11th, 2017 @ 10:46pm CDT
Kurona wrote:

edit: Additionally, look how big Orion Pax is compared to the Leader he's a part of; that's no Deluxe.


According to Hasbro, it is



Sorry for a dated reply but I was going through the slides for a news story and found that they spelled it out on the slide.
Re: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus (1910319)
Posted by Lucky Logician on September 11th, 2017 @ 11:03pm CDT
Dear Hasbro,

Do you want to make a Convention exclusive figure that will bring all the boys to the yard for sure? Do a little retooling and turn Moonracer into Rung. No one will give a damn about the alt mode; they'll all be too busy being happy to own a Rung.

Thank you.



Seriously though. This mold is already pretty close to Rung. Like so close that I'd almost think it is a pre-tool for Rung. (The only reason I don't think so is because Rung is a bit of an obscure character.) Hasbro just needs to [spoiler]get the Lost Light writers to come up with some reason to bring Rung back and turn him into a car.[/spoiler] Then Ta-Da, it would be perfect!
Re: New #Hascon Gallery of Transformers: Power of the Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus (1910321)
Posted by kurthy on September 11th, 2017 @ 11:06pm CDT
Lucky Logician wrote:Dear Hasbro,

Do you want to make a Convention exclusive figure that will bring all the boys to the yard for sure? Do a little retooling and turn Moonracer into Rung. No one will give a damn about the alt mode; they'll all be too busy being happy to own a Rung.

Thank you.



Seriously though. This mold is already pretty close to Rung. Like so close that I'd almost think it is a pre-tool for Rung. (The only reason I don't think so is because Rung is a bit of an obscure character.) All you need is to get the comic book writers to find some random excuse to give Rung a car alt mode.


Or in the retools,just remove the wheels and have him [spoiler]turn into an ornamental tube like thingy.[/spoiler]

Ending Soon On eBay

68484 Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-23 Galvatron Action Figure MISB - Time Remaining: 7 days 13 hours 3 minutes 57 seconds
NEW KRE-O TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON 2 IN 1 TRUCK/ROBOT WORK W/LEGO 310 PIECES SEALED - Time Remaining: 11 days 8 hours 6 minutes 6 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Prime AM-12 Breakdown Arms Micron NEW MISB - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 hours 10 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers g1 IGA Hound - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 13 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Optimus Prime Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 15 hours 13 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP-29 Destroy Laserwave Shockwave Takara Tomy + Coin - Time Remaining: 1 day 11 hours 20 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Henkei Unreleased Wonderfest NFS Black Convoy Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 21 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MakeToys MTRM-02Y Gundog MP Hound G1 toy colour - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 39 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #184 - The Search For Alpha Trion
Twincast / Podcast #184:
"The Search For Alpha Trion"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 17th, 2017
Website Security Test