New Hope for Sony Release of G1 Boxsets!

New Hope for Sony Release of G1 Boxsets!

Sunday, June 24th, 2007 11:46pm CDT

Categories: Rumors, Digital Media News, Collectables
Posted by: Bed Bugs   Views: 13,356

TVShowsOnDVD.com is reporting new developments within corporate giant Sony.com regarding the now defunct Sony Wonder Division. Apparently Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is absorbing the fragments leftover from the former Sony Wonder Division, including several property rights, such as The Transformers.

Notice though, there is no guarantee that with this new change within the company, that the previously advertised Sony release of the Transformers G1 Boxsets will happen, but this is a step in the right direction.

Continue watching Seibertron.com as more information about a possible Sony release of the Transformers G1 Boxsets becomes available.

Credit(s): Darth Bombshell

Re: New Hope for Sony Release of G1 Boxsets! (181997)
Posted by Koloth on June 24th, 2007 @ 11:55pm CDT
Not overly concerned about G1 since I have the Kid Rhino releases. If they could fix some of the things in the Rhino releases that would be great butnot a huge deal. But it would be nice to see RiD, Energon, and Cybertron finally get a release.
Re: New Hope for Sony Release of G1 Boxsets! (182014)
Posted by bumblezzz on June 25th, 2007 @ 12:12am CDT
I hope so, I returned to transformers to late and missed out on those I sony, you have made me very happy so far(psp-ps2-ps-ps3-cellphone-movie re-re-reissue)so please re-release these please!
Re: New Hope for Sony Release of G1 Boxsets! (182047)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 25th, 2007 @ 12:21am CDT
Unless they add a TON of new features on each disc I won't be buying the sets again, especially since I have the Australian set coming soon.
Re: New Hope for Sony Release of G1 Boxsets! (182102)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on June 25th, 2007 @ 12:38am CDT
If they do, goodie. I STILL need Season 1. All I'm missing of G1 (Save for the Japanese stuff). What's it gonna be, $60-$70? That sounds reasonable.
Re: New Hope for Sony Release of G1 Boxsets! (182129)
Posted by Anonymous on June 25th, 2007 @ 12:52am CDT
I take it with that grain of salt, but I now have hope that I otherwise would not have had.
Re: New Hope for Sony Release of G1 Boxsets! (182276)
Posted by Mr.RobotoAutoMan on June 25th, 2007 @ 3:25am CDT
i was already thinking about ordering the chinese tin dvd box set. iam gonna have to hold though. wait till i hear more about sony releasing it.
Re: New Hope for Sony Release of G1 Boxsets! (182278)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on June 25th, 2007 @ 3:27am CDT
TFG1 on Blu-Ray?
Re: New Hope for Sony Release of G1 Boxsets! (182279)
Posted by Sportimus Prime on June 25th, 2007 @ 3:36am CDT
Screw Blu-Ray. just put it on regular DVD PLEASE!!! I don't have any G1 toons, and i really want to see that series again. But it isn't Blu-Ray material. Neither is Energon, or Cybertron, or even RiD. Those I would love to see on DVD as well-SOON.
Re: New Hope for Sony Release of G1 Boxsets! (182357)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 25th, 2007 @ 5:39am CDT
I wouldn't be getting them either, unless there was something more to them. I bought all the DVD sets when they came out.

BTW I really like the Seibertron.com logo at the bottom! Looks sweeet!
Re: New Hope for Sony Release of G1 Boxsets! (182656)
Posted by jgilkinson on June 25th, 2007 @ 10:19am CDT
if they do i hope they fix some of the errors of the rhino release like the sound and some of the blasting effects
Re: New Hope for Sony Release of G1 Boxsets! (183456)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on June 25th, 2007 @ 6:19pm CDT
To much money here just to drop it, I knew they'd find a way.

Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021