New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers

New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers

Thursday, January 10th, 2019 6:52pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 22,347

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Well, while it did take time to hear about the IDW Reboot announced last year, we are now getting a lot of new information in earnest!

Up first, we have the title for the first arc of the Transformers story from writer Brian Ruckley, titled "The World in Your Eyes." As was stated previously, this comic is going to start in a time of Peace and prosperity, with the first murder in Cybertron history set to serve as the trigger for the end of that Golden age. As Bumblebee has been stated to be a primary viewpoint for the story, the title matches up perfectly with seeing Cybertron through his, and by extent our, eyes. The first issue is merely titled "1 of 5", so the entire first arc will run with this 5 part name. It will be released twice a month.

Also, coming in a bit late but still very exciting, we have a ton of new covers to share with you for the upcoming Series! These covers come to us from Comic artists both seasoned and fresh to IDW Transformers comics! You can check out previous artwork reveals HERE, HERE, and HERE!

Up first, we have covers for Issue #1 RI-B (and a foil version will be the RI-C) by Freddie Williams II and Andrew Dalhouse and issue #5 B cover by @piratecashoo!

Transformers News: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers

Transformers News: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers

Next, a yet to be colored Issue 2 Cover B by @RonJoseph717!

Transformers News: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers

Up next, some familiar faces in the form of Nick Roche and Josh Burcham!

Transformers News: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers

Newcomer Anna Malkova is up next with a beautiful mural:

Transformers News: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers

And finally, another old friend in the lineup, Sara Pitre-Durocher!

Transformers News: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers

Let us know what you think of all these new covers and title of the upcoming first issue, due out in just 2 months!

Credit(s): David Mariotte, Brian Ruckly on Twitter


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers (2003906)
Posted by TulioDude on January 10th, 2019 @ 7:24pm CST
Those covers look nice,one thing want though,especially since they already have Windblade on the covers,they could do more to communicate this is suppose to be a new beginning.

Even if they are promoting the new optimus Prime toy,I wonder why they skipped the first SIEGE body... :-?
Re: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers (2003908)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on January 10th, 2019 @ 8:34pm CST
TulioDude wrote:Those covers look nice,one thing want though,especially since they already have Windblade on the covers,they could do more to communicate this is suppose to be a new beginning.

Even if they are promoting the new optimus Prime toy,I wonder why they skipped the first SIEGE body... :-?


My guess is he'll get the normal Voyager SIEGE Optimus body later on.
Re: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers (2003917)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 10th, 2019 @ 9:01pm CST
"The World in Your Eyes" *GAG*

I do like most of the art, even if Bumblebee looks like a human in a yellow armor.
Re: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers (2003927)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on January 10th, 2019 @ 9:56pm CST
I definitely think this serves as solid confirmation that the leader Prime is coming out. I'n betting it will almost certainly get revealed at ToyFair.
Re: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers (2003929)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on January 10th, 2019 @ 10:21pm CST
I do hope this is the start of an actual long-running continuity. No one’s saying that it has to be AS complex as the last IDW run (masterfully done), but it’d be better to have something long running with a bunch of characters and a fleshed out world that’s built, rather than just some short run with maybe one or two sequels.

Let’s hope this is the new Infiltration!
Re: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers (2003940)
Posted by steve2275 on January 11th, 2019 @ 12:03am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:I do like most of the art, even if Bumblebee looks like a human in a yellow armor.

he does look that way
Re: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers (2003943)
Posted by Deadput on January 11th, 2019 @ 12:30am CST
steve2275 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I do like most of the art, even if Bumblebee looks like a human in a yellow armor.

he does look that way


Huh, Bumblebee has always looked like a chubby kid wearing armor now that I think about it.
Re: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers (2003952)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 11th, 2019 @ 3:39am CST
Deadput wrote:
steve2275 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I do like most of the art, even if Bumblebee looks like a human in a yellow armor.

he does look that way


Huh, Bumblebee has always looked like a chubby kid wearing armor now that I think about it.

This is true, and I think, was done on purpose.

Also why would having Windblade on the cover be indicative of the old continuity when Windblade has successfully spread to plenty of other media now, following her appearance in Rid 2015. If anything this is good as the fembots are going to be part of things from day one.

I think that they are using the leader Class toy because of timing. When this comic debuts we won't be that far off a release of said toy
Re: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers (2003957)
Posted by Deadput on January 11th, 2019 @ 5:28am CST
I kinda hope that Windbkade is as short as she seems to be on the cover, would be kinda refreshing to have a female "minibot" instead of yet another regular height character.

Would probably help her standout more as well.
Re: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers (2003960)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 11th, 2019 @ 5:57am CST
Deadput wrote:I kinda hope that Windbkade is as short as she seems to be on the cover, would be kinda refreshing to have a female "minibot" instead of yet another regular height character.

Would probably help her standout more as well.



Cos vehicle mode scale be damned.
Re: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers (2003971)
Posted by Deadput on January 11th, 2019 @ 7:24am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Deadput wrote:I kinda hope that Windbkade is as short as she seems to be on the cover, would be kinda refreshing to have a female "minibot" instead of yet another regular height character.

Would probably help her standout more as well.



Cos vehicle mode scale be damned.


I mean she doesn't transform into a real plane it can be whatever size they want.


I'll remind you that Powerglide was a minibot with a plane mode as well.

Also Warpath exists.
Re: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers (2003974)
Posted by ScottyP on January 11th, 2019 @ 8:15am CST
Stormshot_Prime wrote:I do hope this is the start of an actual long-running continuity. No one’s saying that it has to be AS complex as the last IDW run (masterfully done), but it’d be better to have something long running with a bunch of characters and a fleshed out world that’s built, rather than just some short run with maybe one or two sequels.

Let’s hope this is the new Infiltration!
Agreed! All depends on how it sells. I'd guess they have this slotted for six issues, maybe twelve and they'll see how it goes from there.
Re: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers (2003999)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 11th, 2019 @ 9:48am CST
Huh, Windblade is colored like her Hasbro Generations Thrilling 30 toy in this cover. How often has that deco (as opposed to the more common "black thighs & red pelvis/wings" deco) been seen in fiction?

Image
Re: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers (2004001)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 11th, 2019 @ 9:49am CST
ScottyP wrote:
Stormshot_Prime wrote:I do hope this is the start of an actual long-running continuity. No one’s saying that it has to be AS complex as the last IDW run (masterfully done), but it’d be better to have something long running with a bunch of characters and a fleshed out world that’s built, rather than just some short run with maybe one or two sequels.

Let’s hope this is the new Infiltration!
Agreed! All depends on how it sells. I'd guess they have this slotted for six issues, maybe twelve and they'll see how it goes from there.
I hope it's more than that from the start, because if they try to play it safe, it'll cripple the story from the start, and the comic becomes its own casualty. I want the story to be on a grand scale from the beginning, so that it's impossible to wrap it up in 6 issues.
Re: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers (2004038)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on January 11th, 2019 @ 1:04pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Also why would having Windblade on the cover be indicative of the old continuity when Windblade has successfully spread to plenty of other media now, following her appearance in Rid 2015. If anything this is good as the fembots are going to be part of things from day one.



You would have thought that one of the New Toy Fembots would have been pushed instead IE Greenlight. I'd agree with the point of her representing the old continuity too, given everyone else seems to have had a redesign. She looks like she just walked out of OP #25...
Re: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers (2004042)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 11th, 2019 @ 1:29pm CST
Or out of tf vs star trek, or the prime wars cartoon, or rid 2015 or Cyberverse...ir even those Bumblebee books...
Re: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers (2004046)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on January 11th, 2019 @ 1:36pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Or out of tf vs star trek, or the prime wars cartoon, or rid 2015 or Cyberverse...ir even those Bumblebee books...



Exactly. Are they saying Windblade is more iconic than Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, Shockwave etc? Too good for a redesign??
Re: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers (2004095)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 11th, 2019 @ 2:56pm CST
No that's probably Hasbro saying no to a redesign ;) she's stayed that way because of the fan poll. They'll tweak her eventually but for now she looks like that.
Re: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers (2004096)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on January 11th, 2019 @ 2:59pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:No that's probably Hasbro saying no to a redesign ;) she's stayed that way because of the fan poll. They'll tweak her eventually but for now she looks like that.



As out of place in a New continuity as Optimus Prime looked in The Rebirth :lol:
Re: New IDW 2019 Ongoing - Title of First Arc, Gallery of Covers (2004102)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 11th, 2019 @ 3:06pm CST
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:No that's probably Hasbro saying no to a redesign ;) she's stayed that way because of the fan poll. They'll tweak her eventually but for now she looks like that.



As out of place in a New continuity as Optimus Prime looked in The Rebirth :lol:
RID 2015 was a different continuity from IDW1 and she kept her same design.

Why, Knock Out kept his Prime design in IDW1 yet Prime and IDW1 were different continuities too.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
Twincast / Podcast #268:
"Call Me 2020"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters cyberverse Predaking" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Figure (Blaster Black Version) Takara Tomy MP3 Player" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Beetle Bumblebee Spike Volkswagen Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary SANDSTORM Voyager NEW" on EBAY