New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure

Transformers News: New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure

Thursday, November 20th, 2008 8:13AM CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 19,201

Yizhi521 of TF08.net has giving us another sneak-peek at an upcoming figure, this time it's the Voyager-class Wreck-Gar toy from the Transformers: Animated line. The image only shows us the figure's vehicle mode.

See the image in the original thread by clicking here.

{L_IMAGE}
Credit(s): Yizhi521, TF08.net
Re: New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure (836938)
Posted by Diem on November 20th, 2008 @ 8:47am CST
It's gotta be one of the clunkiest, blockiest unsophisticated toys I've seen in years.

I am totally ALL OVER THIS; it's the figure I'm looking most forward to next to Swindle.
Re: New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure (836943)
Posted by GuyIncognito on November 20th, 2008 @ 8:52am CST
Awesome. Must-buy.
Re: New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure (836947)
Posted by Skowl on November 20th, 2008 @ 8:56am CST
I love the complete absence of any paint detailing whatsoever. Awesome.
Re: New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure (836954)
Posted by Diem on November 20th, 2008 @ 9:03am CST
Skowl wrote:I love the complete absence of any paint detailing whatsoever. Awesome.

If that means they're focussing on the robot mode then so be it. I bloody LOVE animated Wreck Gar.

"I'm Wreck-Gar! I DARE to be stupid!"
Re: New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure (836956)
Posted by Oilspill on November 20th, 2008 @ 9:05am CST

Bugger all mold detailing in his alt mode too. Yet his robot mode looks very cool. Looking forward to him for sure.
Re: New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure (836957)
Posted by muswp1 on November 20th, 2008 @ 9:07am CST
This might be a rare animated figure that I would get. Plus, I'm a huge Weird Al fan too.
Re: New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure (836971)
Posted by GuyIncognito on November 20th, 2008 @ 9:32am CST
Re: New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure (836983)
Posted by zero-kaiser on November 20th, 2008 @ 10:28am CST
niiiiice..

though one thing kinda jumped out at me though.. not so much about Wreck-Gar.. but the photo..

isnt Yizhi521 the same guy whos recently taken pictures of RotF Soundwave?.. photos which as much as i appreciate, werent the best quality.. yet this one is pretty clear.. very clear infact..

im not digging or poking fun or anything.. just pointing it out is all..

anyway, inner-musings aside.. back to topic..

i may have to pick this one up.. im not a huge fan of Animated.. (the design anyway).. but this is one mold that just oozes character..

ill look forward to seeing this hit shelves :)
Re: New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure (836984)
Posted by Nekoman on November 20th, 2008 @ 10:35am CST
Honestly, I think this is probably one of the worst toys from Animated so far. The alt mode just looks so unrealistic, and it lacks detail.

I guess in robot mode he looks okay. Not anything that interests me though.
Re: New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure (836992)
Posted by It Is Him on November 20th, 2008 @ 11:10am CST
This is pretty exciting...

except for the fact that I'd be concerned about any little kid who is eager to play with a dumptruck. Anyone want to wager this will be a shelf-warmer after the initial release?
Re: New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure (837025)
Posted by TheMuffin on November 20th, 2008 @ 12:11pm CST
Well that's just it. He isn't a dump truck. He's a garbage truck. I wonder if that lever on the top moves the forks up and such.
Re: New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure (837030)
Posted by GuyIncognito on November 20th, 2008 @ 12:23pm CST
It Is Him wrote:This is pretty exciting...

What little boy WOULDN'T want to play with a dumptruck? Ever heard of Tonka trucks? No childhood is complete without a sandbox and a Tonka dumptruck.

Anyway, Wreck-Gar isn't a dumptruck.
Re: New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure (837031)
Posted by GuyIncognito on November 20th, 2008 @ 12:27pm CST
Nekoman wrote:Honestly, I think this is probably one of the worst toys from Animated so far. The alt mode just looks so unrealistic, ...

As opposed to the realism of the rest of the Animated line? Hello... Megatron, OP, Blitzwing, Bulkhead, the Dinobots, Blackarachnia... it's a cartoon, dude. If you want realistic alt modes, that's what Alternators and Movie figures are for.
Re: New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure (837033)
Posted by It Is Him on November 20th, 2008 @ 12:28pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:
It Is Him wrote:This is pretty exciting...

Anyway, Wreck-Gar isn't a dumptruck.

Not me, I had Transformers :P
Re: New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure (837035)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 20th, 2008 @ 12:32pm CST
While quite low on detail it still looks pretty good, and based on the robot mode pics I will be picking this guy up. Even if it means I have to track down a G1 Wreck-Gar too!
Re: New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure (837037)
Posted by Veritas Prime on November 20th, 2008 @ 12:37pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:I just noticed... between the orange cab and the the box-like "hood" around his head... feels like a subtle homage to G1 Huffer. No?

...or a homage to G1 Wreck-Gar. :D
Re: New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure (837041)
Posted by OPTIMUS MAGNUS on November 20th, 2008 @ 12:47pm CST
Love em personally. I will pick him up. I'm a completeist of sorts. 8)
Re: New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure (837046)
Posted by dabattousai on November 20th, 2008 @ 1:22pm CST
I loved Garbage Trucks when I was a kid and I love TransFormers. The best of both worlds are finally colliding :grin: :grin:
Re: New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure (837071)
Posted by dragons on November 20th, 2008 @ 2:22pm CST
great figure i like arm blades. not trying to one up on anyone but bbts has picture of wreakgar as well robot & truck mode and some others i post lienk but got to go to work now.

buy for me
Re: New Image of Animated Wreck-Gar Figure (837116)
Posted by Nekoman on November 20th, 2008 @ 3:42pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:

I think it’s the general shaping of the toy that I dislike. Some of the other Animated toys looked more convincing than this one, like Bumblebee.

I guess I just don’t like that soft, rounded look he has.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
"Big Cat Convoy"
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

Buy "transformers generations Sergeant kup" on EBAY
Buy "GI Joe Club Transformers Crossover Cobra Commander w/Megatron Gun LOOSE/COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Takara transformers united Autobot Perceptor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers united autobot jazz" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class SERGEANT KUP New MOSC CHUG Classics" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Movie 3749 MD 09 Bone Crusher TF Movie 2007" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Original Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes Medix Doc-Bot Figure Toy B4" on EBAY