New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line

New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line

Sunday, October 23rd, 2016 10:43pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 27,753

Amazon Japan has a new image for the robot mode of the 10th Movie Anniversary Starscream figure Takara is releasing. This is the deco from the first film used for the Revenge of the Fallen voyager toy. He is currently 25% off on Amazon and while the site is entirely in Japanese, it is now possible for foreigners to order toys from the site. This anniversary line has also been featured in the latest Figure King magazine, and we have a scan from Loopaza.

Transformers News: New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line

Credit(s): Amazon Japan and Loopaza

Re: New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line (1836095)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on October 23rd, 2016 @ 11:29pm CDT
Re: New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line (1836104)
Posted by Noideaforaname on October 24th, 2016 @ 12:26am CDT
Man, Starscream looks so different without the tattoos. It should be the better deco because it's more realistic and all, but I think now I'm too used to him having black lines scrawled over him after owning the original (and Leader) for, like, forever now.
Re: New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line (1836183)
Posted by Overcracker on October 24th, 2016 @ 10:32am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Starscream looks gorgeous painted up like this. Why didn't we get a release like this YEARS ago?

We did get a similarly painted release years ago, except it was on this mold:

Re: New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line (1836261)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on October 24th, 2016 @ 2:25pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:

We did get a similarly painted release years ago, except it was on this mold:

Yeah, that's precisely the problem.
Re: New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line (1836263)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 24th, 2016 @ 2:35pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Overcracker wrote:

We did get a similarly painted release years ago, except it was on this mold:

Yeah, that's precisely the problem.

Not to mention we got the deco on the Leader Class figure as well... as a Masterpiece:

Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Starscream Gallery
Re: New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line (1836265)
Posted by DeathReviews on October 24th, 2016 @ 2:37pm CDT
Re: New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line (1836266)
Posted by william-james88 on October 24th, 2016 @ 2:40pm CDT
DeathReviews wrote:I have the movie/leader Starscream. As such, I see no need to get this stripped-down Voyager.....

Well, it becomes the best voyager Starscream out there and several people need a voyager for the scale.
Re: New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line (1836308)
Posted by Overcracker on October 24th, 2016 @ 3:37pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Overcracker wrote:

We did get a similarly painted release years ago, except it was on this mold:

Yeah, that's precisely the problem.

The mold is not really all that bad. I enjoy playing around with it form time to time. Its one of the few movie toys I keep out to actually play with.
Re: New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line (1836312)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on October 24th, 2016 @ 3:45pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Like me! :D
I'm super excited for the silver decoed ROTF Voyager Megatron too. I like the DOTM Voyager Megatron, but the character needs a beefier mold to represent him on my live action movie shelves.
Re: New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line (1836424)
Posted by Ultra Markus on October 24th, 2016 @ 9:36pm CDT
Re: New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line (1836455)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on October 24th, 2016 @ 11:30pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:i think they could have used the deluxe version it puts those voyager ones to shame :-? :-? :-?

Takara Tomy already did a "Movie 1" deco for DOTM deluxe Starscream for the "Movie Advanced" line a few years ago, for the release of Age of Extinction (a.k.a. "The Lost Age" in Japan).
Re: New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line (1836501)
Posted by Emerje on October 25th, 2016 @ 5:16am CDT

Emerje
Re: New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line (1836540)
Posted by william-james88 on October 25th, 2016 @ 8:18am CDT
Emerje wrote:Ended up pre-ordering Leader class Optimus Prime, too, when I realized he's basically the same size as MP-10 and has MP level paint apps. I don't have this mold, I got the Hunt for the Decepticons Voyager version among other versions of the guy, but never the improved Leader mold. I'm looking forward to playing around with it. Is this mold compatible with Jetfire?

Emerje

I am not sure if its compatible with jetfire since part of the connection deals with the abs which are remolded in this new version. But trust me, its better that way. The combiation with jetfire is not fun and prone to breakage. If you dont have this mold, that leader is the way to go since this is Takara releasing the latest amazing $200 + APS Ultimate Prime for their own market at a way more affordable price.
Re: New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line (1837372)
Posted by william-james88 on October 28th, 2016 @ 6:32am CDT
We have a better look at MB-11 Leader Optimus Prime from the movie anniversary line Takara is releasing. He has been reviewed on Japanese site Digimono. Through this review, we learn what weapons he comes with, we see some new images, and we learn that he will have new sound clips from Japanese G1 (and movie) Optimus Prime voice actor Tesshō Genda. You may be wondering how this toy is already finished when he is coming out March 2017 and all the images for the other toys in this line are just digitally painted. Well, that's because this toy already exists as Asia exclusive APS-01 Ultimate Optimus Prime, which so far has been a toy with an MSRP of over $200. With this Japanese release of this toy, they have improved him by giving Optimus a mouthplate and they reduced the amount of accessories to bring the pricepoint down to the $70-$100 range. The acessories he does have are two swords, two hooks, the gas tanks which turn into a gun and the knuckle accessory Optimus used against Shockwave is Dark of the Moon. This accessory was new and exclusive to the APS-01 release so far, as were the articulated hands, and all these features can now be obtained for a much lower price. This item is currently on preorder everywhere Takara toys are sold online.

Re: New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line (1837386)
Posted by Ironhidensh on October 28th, 2016 @ 8:44am CDT
Re: New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line (1837389)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 28th, 2016 @ 8:55am CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:I'm mildly interested in the Starscream figure as its a mold if Screamy I don't have. That would, however, require me to financially support the movie side of the business. I swore a long time ago never to do that again. Such a pickle......
At the very least, it's a good mold.
Re: New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line (1837390)
Posted by TulioDude on October 28th, 2016 @ 8:55am CDT
THey released this mold many times,but it still looks so good!Even with the slight modifications over the years.
Re: New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line (1837400)
Posted by william-james88 on October 28th, 2016 @ 9:16am CDT

The way I see it, you are supporting Takara's practice to celebrate anniversaries and give us awesome paint apps, more than anything else. These are older molds and Hasbro already got all the support for those so this wouldnt really count in their numbers (at least not nearly as much as when that mold first came out).

I encourage whatever I like, and I like these. So I am buying 3 :)

And guys, I cannot stress it enough how awesome it is that we are getting this leader Optimus at that price.
Re: New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line (1837445)
Posted by Sharkticon Soup on October 28th, 2016 @ 1:37pm CDT
Re: New Image of Starscream from Takara 10th Anniversary Movie Line (1837451)
Posted by william-james88 on October 28th, 2016 @ 1:58pm CDT
Sharkticon Soup wrote:This version looks so nice. Does anybody know if it can still combine with ROTF Jetfire? I assume he can but you never know. I sold my ROTF leader Prime awhile ago, but I still have Jetfire and I was thinking about picking this one up.

Do you remember where Jetfire connects with prime in that belly area? I ask because the 5 areas retooled for this release are the following:

Forearms: no longer have swing out sword (thank GOD)
Hands: now have articulated fingers
Gas tanks: now removeable
Abdominal area: those red hook pieces have been cut and the abdominal area was resulpted to look like organic abs.

Jetfire hooks onto the feet (no problem) and pelvis. Now I do not know if the reworked abdominal area means any change to the pelvis. If it does, then he cant connect, but if it doesnt and the pelvis is intact, then it would still be able to connect.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 68 Deluxe Movie 3 Leadfoot Target Exclusive In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 60 Constructicon SCRAPPER Voyager Class MISB/New 2020" on EBAY
Buy "MISB Transformers SCF Tokyo Game Show Battle Damage Set Optimus/Convoy Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premiere Edition Deluxe Cogman 2017  ((NEW))" on EBAY
Buy "1:64 TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME WESTERN STAR 5700 & BARRICADE JADA TOYS DIECAST" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie 2 Rotf Voyager Mixmaster Action Figure" on EBAY