New Image of Takara Tomy Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millennium Falcon

Transformers News: New Image of Takara Tomy Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millennium Falcon

Monday, June 11th, 2018 1:54AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 12,703

Fellow Seibertronian shajaki has pointed us towards another image that had been almost missed in the flurry of excitement from Tokyo Toy Show 2018 over the weekend, featuring the Takara Tomy Star Wars Powered by Transformers toyline and its new Millennium Falcon mold!

I still cannot not see IDW Publishing's original character Anode in the supposed Han Solo facesculpt, but the addition of the crossbow and revamped packaging are a nice touch to the set, after the rebooted Darth Vader. Check out the image below, courtesy of singgg4 over on Twitter, and let us know what you think of the two scoundrel bots the ship turns into in the Energon Pub discussion boards.

Credit(s): singgg4
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millennium Falcon (1964288)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on June 11th, 2018 @ 2:39am CDT
So... it hadn't occurred to me... are the Darth Vader Tie Advanced and the Falcon to scale? also... I feel that Falcon really needs a good dry brush wash to pick all that panel detail out. Also a missed opportunity to do the Solo (Lando?) version with a bonus escape pod/bonus accessory. (though I'm sure these were in production before Solo was finalized).

Back to scale briefly... how big are these guys? I know they're not cheap.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millennium Falcon (1964306)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 11th, 2018 @ 6:16am CDT
I was wondering where the news for this guy(technically guys) were. Anyways, not bad. Definitely an improvement over the original in both bot and Falcon mode. Falcon mode looks really awesome and the bots look cool too. I don't think I would get it, maybe on sale, but that Darth Vader is a must have for me. I just wish his lightsaber was longer
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millennium Falcon (1964316)
Posted by BumbleDouche on June 11th, 2018 @ 7:45am CDT
That Falcon looks like it shat itself
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millennium Falcon (1964344)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on June 11th, 2018 @ 12:16pm CDT
STAR WARS IS DEAD!
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millennium Falcon (1964429)
Posted by Ultra Markus on June 11th, 2018 @ 8:08pm CDT
to be honest the one from years ago looked better
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millennium Falcon (1964432)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 11th, 2018 @ 8:14pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:to be honest the one from years ago looked better

But sadly crumbled. I have the old one, and while Han is alright, Chewy has his right arm permanently in Falcon mode cause his joints and hand GPS-ed right off, as did his one foot. Once I get this guy, that Falcon is permanently going in Falcon mode.

That all being said, This one is really quite cool, and I am super thrilled it will be here in a few weeks
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millennium Falcon (1964444)
Posted by shajaki on June 11th, 2018 @ 9:59pm CDT
His release date is that soon?
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millennium Falcon (1964447)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 11th, 2018 @ 10:01pm CDT
shajaki wrote:His release date is that soon?

June of 2018 was the only date I've seen