New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome

New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome

Wednesday, November 2nd, 2016 5:45am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 20,207

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath has shared with us the latest @TF_pr image, featuring the upcoming Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, with the Headmaster character shown in both robot and car mode! The image is mirrored below for ease of viewing, and you can compare it to the Hasbro Titans Return release here.

Transformers News: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome

Credit(s): TF_pr


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome (1838406)
Posted by Insurgent on November 2nd, 2016 @ 5:51am CDT
I hope this guy drops to £20. I'd happily get him to lead my headmasters, then the hasbro one can go cuddle Rewind, as he rightfully should be. I think he might, as a lot of people will want the IDW version.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome (1838410)
Posted by Randomhero on November 2nd, 2016 @ 7:35am CDT
Insurgent wrote:I hope this guy drops to £20. I'd happily get him to lead my headmasters, then the hasbro one can go cuddle Rewind, as he rightfully should be. I think he might, as a lot of people will want the IDW version.



I wouldn't put too much hope on the price dropping. Hardhead is going for like $70 now at BBTS(only place I can find instock) and skullcruncher is $50. I'm good with the hasbro releases. Only one I've been tempted is Blurr but the import mailing alone was $25 at robotKingdom and sorry, but I'm not spending $70 on a deluxe for fancy paint. Hasbro one is just fine and if I get tired of it I still got the original 2010 generations one
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome (1838411)
Posted by Evil Eye on November 2nd, 2016 @ 7:39am CDT
It really is sad that now we're having to import and pay ridiculous fees to get figures with more than the bare minimum of paint. Hasbro Blurr is just inexcusably awful looking. Remember when the difference between Hasbro and Takara paintjobs was purely stylistic? >:oP

I'm probably gonna get Animated Blurr to be honest. Sure he's far less G1 accurate but AFAIK he's a superb toy and he looks cool.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome (1838412)
Posted by Randomhero on November 2nd, 2016 @ 7:45am CDT
Black Hat wrote:It really is sad that now we're having to import and pay ridiculous fees to get figures with more than the bare minimum of paint. Hasbro Blurr is just inexcusably awful looking. Remember when the difference between Hasbro and Takara paintjobs was purely stylistic? >:oP

I'm probably gonna get Animated Blurr to be honest. Sure he's far less G1 accurate but AFAIK he's a superb toy and he looks cool.



Well he's toy/comic deco. Hasbro has been doing that since the beginning of CHUG. Shouldn't be a surprise anymore.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome (1838414)
Posted by Insurgent on November 2nd, 2016 @ 7:48am CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Insurgent wrote:I hope this guy drops to £20. I'd happily get him to lead my headmasters, then the hasbro one can go cuddle Rewind, as he rightfully should be. I think he might, as a lot of people will want the IDW version.



I wouldn't put too much hope on the price dropping. Hardhead is going for like $70 now at BBTS(only place I can find instock) and skullcruncher is $50. I'm good with the hasbro releases. Only one I've been tempted is Blurr but the import mailing alone was $25 at robotKingdom and sorry, but I'm not spending $70 on a deluxe for fancy paint. Hasbro one is just fine and if I get tired of it I still got the original 2010 generations one




Meh. If he don't drop, then I won't get him. I'm not desperate. Hasbro is fine. Heck, even just the head would work. Hmmm. I wonder if shapewaays has it?
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome (1838417)
Posted by Cyberpath on November 2nd, 2016 @ 8:08am CDT
Someone made a custom show-accurate head for LG27 (for personal use I think.) Thought it was worth sharing:

Image



Randomhero wrote:I wouldn't put too much hope on the price dropping. Hardhead is going for like $70 now at BBTS(only place I can find instock) and skullcruncher is $50. I'm good with the hasbro releases. Only one I've been tempted is Blurr but the import mailing alone was $25 at robotKingdom and sorry, but I'm not spending $70 on a deluxe for fancy paint. Hasbro one is just fine and if I get tired of it I still got the original 2010 generations one

:shock: :shock: :shock:

$70? That's MP prices! I got him from HLJ for about $30 when he was released.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome (1838419)
Posted by Randomhero on November 2nd, 2016 @ 8:11am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:Someone made a custom show-accurate head for LG27 (for personal use I think.) Thought it was worth sharing:

Image



Randomhero wrote:I wouldn't put too much hope on the price dropping. Hardhead is going for like $70 now at BBTS(only place I can find instock) and skullcruncher is $50. I'm good with the hasbro releases. Only one I've been tempted is Blurr but the import mailing alone was $25 at robotKingdom and sorry, but I'm not spending $70 on a deluxe for fancy paint. Hasbro one is just fine and if I get tired of it I still got the original 2010 generations one

:shock: :shock: :shock:

$70? That's MP prices! I got him from HLJ for about $30 when he was released.



The original preorder price was 35-40 I think(which I thought then was bad) then the yen tanked and and the price jumped to $45 and went out of stock instantly. The jumped to 50 and now 69.99. It's ridiculous that's eHobby exclusive prices for a regular Takara legends release.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome (1838426)
Posted by william-james88 on November 2nd, 2016 @ 8:37am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:
$70? That's MP prices! I got him from HLJ for about $30 when he was released.


Yeah, I got him for that too from Anime Export ($30 shipped). As a deal hunter, I have found that the best deal for Takara toys (when you live outside Japan) is simply to preorder them off japanese sites.

Also, it was discussed to death already that Hasbro Blurr's dull scheme isn't really the G1 toy, unlike the idea behind Blaster, for instance, which is a love letter to that toy. Its more of a coincidence since the G1 toy was also kind of dull in colour, but it still had way more colour variation. Compred to Scourge and Blaster, there are far less toy specific details on Blurr to say its an outright homage to the toy (he only has the red triangles). I mean come on, take a look, no one can refute that it could be a much better homage than what we got. Saying its supposed to look like this because its like the G1 toy is not only a lame excuse, but its flat out wrong at this point:

Image

For those who want Takara's Blurr, don't despair, there are ways to still eventually get him for non ass rape prices. Get aquainted with the Japanese secondary market (like Mandarake, the Jungle or even Amazon sellers) and you could get him for a better price in due time.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome (1838446)
Posted by Kurona on November 2nd, 2016 @ 9:26am CDT
I just don't see what else the Hasbro colour scheme could be patterned after. The head colours, the red arrow leg stickers... I'm not saying it's a good homage, just that it is. At the very least it's partly homaging it.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome (1838450)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 2nd, 2016 @ 9:57am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:Someone made a custom show-accurate head for LG27 (for personal use I think.) Thought it was worth sharing:

Image
He sure looks mean/grumpy. Were it a Marvel Comics Blaster-based face, a serious-looking face would suit him just fine, but a cartoon Blaster face needs to smile.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome (1838454)
Posted by Randomhero on November 2nd, 2016 @ 10:06am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:
$70? That's MP prices! I got him from HLJ for about $30 when he was released.


Yeah, I got him for that too from Anime Export ($30 shipped). As a deal hunter, I have found that the best deal for Takara toys (when you live outside Japan) is simply to preorder them off japanese sites.

Also, it was discussed to death already that Hasbro Blurr's dull scheme isn't really the G1 toy, unlike the idea behind Blaster, for instance, which is a love letter to that toy. Its more of a coincidence since the G1 toy was also kind of dull in colour, but it still had way more colour variation. Compred to Scourge and Blaster, there are far less toy specific details on Blurr to say its an outright homage to the toy (he only has the red triangles). I mean come on, take a look, no one can refute that it could be a much better homage than what we got. Saying its supposed to look like this because its like the G1 toy is not only a lame excuse, but its flat out wrong at this point:

Image

For those who want Takara's Blurr, don't despair, there are ways to still eventually get him for non ass rape prices. Get aquainted with the Japanese secondary market (like Mandarake, the Jungle or even Amazon sellers) and you could get him for a better price in due time.



See I look at both and say "close enough" I don't care honestly. Hasbros Blurr looks fine. He does the job and you can recognize who it is. He's on my 86-87 CHUG shelf in my office next to Hot Rod and everyone else and the only person that sees him daily is me. I wouldn't mind getting Takaras if it was a good price but I'm not spending $25 on shipping so I can have a cartoon accurate Blurr. I like the character but I don't love Blurr and I'm not a cartoon purist that can't live without a cartoon accurate Blurr.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome (1838456)
Posted by Evil Eye on November 2nd, 2016 @ 10:08am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:Someone made a custom show-accurate head for LG27 (for personal use I think.) Thought it was worth sharing:

Image
He sure looks mean/grumpy. Were it a Marvel Comics Blaster-based face, a serious-looking face would suit him just fine, but a cartoon Blaster face needs to smile.

He's grumpy because we'll (probably) never get Steeljaw, Ramhorn, Eject or Rosanna, and most of the other "cassette" molds kinda suck.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome (1838457)
Posted by Kurona on November 2nd, 2016 @ 10:09am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:Someone made a custom show-accurate head for LG27 (for personal use I think.) Thought it was worth sharing:

Image
He sure looks mean/grumpy. Were it a Marvel Comics Blaster-based face, a serious-looking face would suit him just fine, but a cartoon Blaster face needs to smile.

Considering the pose Rewind is in, it's likely a reference to the neutral face he had in the movie when sending out his cassettes.

Image
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome (1838458)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 2nd, 2016 @ 10:10am CDT
Black Hat wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:Someone made a custom show-accurate head for LG27 (for personal use I think.) Thought it was worth sharing:

Image
He sure looks mean/grumpy. Were it a Marvel Comics Blaster-based face, a serious-looking face would suit him just fine, but a cartoon Blaster face needs to smile.

He's grumpy because we'll (probably) never get Steeljaw, Ramhorn, Eject or Rosanna, and most of the other "cassette" molds kinda suck.
He went through all of season 2 without any cassettes of his own and still had a blastin' good time. 8-)
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome (1838461)
Posted by Evil Eye on November 2nd, 2016 @ 10:16am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Black Hat wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:Someone made a custom show-accurate head for LG27 (for personal use I think.) Thought it was worth sharing:

Image
He sure looks mean/grumpy. Were it a Marvel Comics Blaster-based face, a serious-looking face would suit him just fine, but a cartoon Blaster face needs to smile.

He's grumpy because we'll (probably) never get Steeljaw, Ramhorn, Eject or Rosanna, and most of the other "cassette" molds kinda suck.
He went through all of season 2 without any cassettes of his own and still had a blastin' good time. 8-)

Huh. I need to get on and watch the rest of Season 2.

Also, am I the only one who wishes poor Eject would get some more love? Rewind's become a fan favourite thanks to IDW and at least the other Autobot cassettes got to do some stuff in the cartoon (and the Headmasters). From what I know, Eject has almost no fiction beyond his toy bio. (FOOTBALL!)
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome (1838463)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 2nd, 2016 @ 10:23am CDT
Black Hat wrote:From what I know, Eject has almost no fiction beyond his toy bio. (FOOTBALL!)
He was in the final Devil's Due "G.I. Joe vs. the Transformers" crossover, in which there was a scene where he actually got to watch some TV.

Image

And the first Beast Wars: Uprising prose story, "Broken Windshields", gave him a very important role as The Administrator of the Games.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome (1838487)
Posted by william-james88 on November 2nd, 2016 @ 11:32am CDT
Black Hat wrote:Also, am I the only one who wishes poor Eject would get some more love? Rewind's become a fan favourite thanks to IDW and at least the other Autobot cassettes got to do some stuff in the cartoon (and the Headmasters). From what I know, Eject has almost no fiction beyond his toy bio. (FOOTBALL!)

Eject has plenty of love, its actually rewind who got the shaft more often. When g1 Blaster was rereleased as an SDCC exclusive, Eject was there but not rewind. They rereleased him again as a platinum set and the only casette missing was... rewind... again. So Eject has had plenty of love.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome (1838494)
Posted by Evil Eye on November 2nd, 2016 @ 12:01pm CDT
Huh. Well, I stand corrected.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome (1838693)
Posted by Emerje on November 3rd, 2016 @ 12:57am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Saying its supposed to look like this because its like the G1 toy is not only a lame excuse, but its flat out wrong at this point:

Image


I think the intention was there, but they royally screwed up by molding the entire figure in a dark shade of plastic when it should have been much lighter. The evidence is that they painted his entire shins in almost the same shade as the plastic. If they had molded him in the same color plastic as the original figure's arms and thighs the two would have been a much closer match thanks to the darker shins. Would have also been nice if the triangles were moved to below his knees.

One botch out of eight isn't bad, though. ;)^

Emerje
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome (1838795)
Posted by Insurgent on November 3rd, 2016 @ 12:40pm CDT
Seems I missed the boat at Kapow. Anyone know of somewhere (preferabbly uk) where I can still order the takara Chromedome? Looks like trying to custom one from hasbro and a new face would end up costing pretty much the same.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Bruticus Brand New In Sealed Packing 5 Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Headmasters *B1#2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Mindwipe + Headmaster Vorath deluxe class New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors UW06 Grand Galvatron Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-54 Seaspray & Lione" on EBAY