Friday, August 19th, 2016 9:58am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 52,683

Toysrus.ca has posted an image featuring the Titans Return toys with the yet to be revealed Deluxe Class Doublecross at the centre. We had only seen the leaked image artwork along with some small images behind the boxes for Titans Return wave 1 2017, but this gives us the best look at his stock images yet. Not only is his CG stock image present, but the backdrop is the box image with his head floating atop his body. Enjoy!

Transformers News: New image of Titans Return Deluxe Class Doublecross revealed by Toys R Us Canada

Don't forget to check out Seibertron.com's gallery of G1 Doublecross by clicking on the image below.

Credit(s): toysrus.ca

This article was last modified on Friday, August 19th, 2016 12:53pm CDT

Re: New image of Titans Return Deluxe Class Doublecross revealed by Toys R Us Canada (1816675)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 19th, 2016 @ 10:10am CDT
Pretty sure this is our best look at him yet...

Re: New image of Titans Return Deluxe Class Doublecross revealed by Toys R Us Canada (1816676)
Posted by Mkall on August 19th, 2016 @ 10:18am CDT
Looking pretty good! What a shame that the Repugnus figure is most likely just a head :(
Re: New image of Titans Return Deluxe Class Doublecross revealed by Toys R Us Canada (1816677)
Posted by Kurona on August 19th, 2016 @ 10:24am CDT
Legs are looking a little fat... which isn't really as true for the original toy more than it is for the likes of Skullcruncher and Spinister.

Still he's looking pretty cool.
Re: New image of Titans Return Deluxe Class Doublecross revealed by Toys R Us Canada (1816680)
Posted by Kurona on August 19th, 2016 @ 10:38am CDT
On a more positive note, I do like the idea of making the folded up beast legs his feet instead of leaving them off to the side - that plagued the G1 Predacons and a ton of Beast Wars figures so much and still plagues poor Skullsmasher. So while I'm still not entirely sure if I like how it turns out, I'm all for any effort to make them not just hang off the sides.

Do you guys think there's any molding similarities between this toy and Sinnertwin?

I'm still riding this Doublecross and Sinnertwin sharing engineering in the same way Chromedome and Dead End do theory.
Re: New image of Titans Return Deluxe Class Doublecross revealed by Toys R Us Canada (1816682)
Posted by SureShot18 on August 19th, 2016 @ 10:44am CDT
I'm not surprised that Repugnus might only be a Titanmaster. Expect Grotesque to be one too. I just can't see how those would fly with execs or kids. However what kid doesn't want a two-headed dragon that turns into a robot with dragon head hands?

Doublecross is definitely turning out to be a must have for the line. I won't have him use those guns though ,I think he'll just shoot fire out of his dragon head hands instead. :twisted:
Re: New image of Titans Return Deluxe Class Doublecross revealed by Toys R Us Canada (1816683)
Posted by o.supreme on August 19th, 2016 @ 10:51am CDT
Re: New image of Titans Return Deluxe Class Doublecross revealed by Toys R Us Canada (1816684)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 19th, 2016 @ 10:56am CDT
wow. Have to say they nailed this one... right down to the minute details. And if the rumor is true, seeing it retooled as a limb for Abominus also sound fantastic.

I think they're playing all their cards right these days. Planning for smart retools, upping the detail and quality and size... using a size and transformation "template" where limbs and torso sizing is the same size, etc. All of that has made for some nicely proportioned, good quality toys that don't feel too cheap.

(Comparing with where things were headed with Fall of Cybertron Jazz, etc. Smaller toys, thin plastic, clearly skimping in a lot of areas of transformation.) Those had me deeply worried where things were headed.

Things seem up to par again with Combiner Wars and Titans return.

Not to mention they are giving us some real G1 homages... not just in a subtle way, but really nailing it.

They're also adding in extra functionality like the hidden cockpit on Hardhead... extra seats for titan drivers... pegs to stand mini figures... extra pegs to mix and match weaponry... ramps to connect other toys.... not to mention the obvious main gimmicks of swapping limbs or heads.

It's really clear how detail oriented they have been... and how they have upped the ante on the play pattern. These have been loads of fun to play with. Lots of options.
Re: New image of Titans Return Deluxe Class Doublecross revealed by Toys R Us Canada (1816685)
Posted by Autobot N on August 19th, 2016 @ 11:05am CDT
o.supreme wrote:I'm sure this will be one of those #-o moments once it is answered...but who is the white car/autobot to the far right?
Preliminary design for Getaway.
Re: New image of Titans Return Deluxe Class Doublecross revealed by Toys R Us Canada (1816687)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 19th, 2016 @ 11:15am CDT
Maybe they can retool Skullsmasher or Wolfwire into Grotusque
Re: New image of Titans Return Deluxe Class Doublecross revealed by Toys R Us Canada (1816688)
Posted by o.supreme on August 19th, 2016 @ 11:16am CDT
Autobot N wrote:
Preliminary design for Getaway.

ok...makes sense...but I don't feel so bad. TBH, I'm not too familiar with many of the toy designs post 1987 since that's when I stopped collecting as a child. Never had any of the Powermaters. But I never knew the original Getaway toy had any blue in it. I guess that's what you get when all you see is Lightfoot in Masterforce which had black limbs on the show (even though the Japanese toy even had blue limbs) . But in an odd twist, in a line *mostly* inspired by the original series, Getaway seems to have a more IDW look.
Re: New image of Titans Return Deluxe Class Doublecross revealed by Toys R Us Canada (1816692)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 19th, 2016 @ 11:35am CDT
o.supreme wrote:
Autobot N wrote:
Preliminary design for Getaway.

That's due to him being a redeco of chromedome who was specifically referencing the idw look, so that will then carry down through any future recolors.
Re: New image of Titans Return Deluxe Class Doublecross revealed by Toys R Us Canada (1816694)
Posted by RAR on August 19th, 2016 @ 11:54am CDT
Doublecross looks very nice indeed- so much so that I'll even turn a blind eye to the gaps in his neck this once.

I can certainly see some possible mild remould potential there be it as Sinnertwin (with new front beast arms and heads) or as a body to make Fangry from... he's most of the way there to Fangry already.

I'll get a kick out of owning him as I still have not chased up an original one as best as I can remember I only have Repugnus and Grotesque and both of them are well loved carboot sale finds so are not in the best of condition.

The only problem with these random selection is it's quite crazy making not having a set... it happens so often to not get a full team but it still drives me a bit nuts every time... I don't know if any of the Legends cars we may get will be suitable for Backstreet for example to complete that set.

I don't think they will be completing the set in any great hurry as they sure left a lot of obvious toys undone in Combiner Wars like Jazz, Sideswipe & Hoist for a start.
Re: New image of Titans Return Deluxe Class Doublecross revealed by Toys R Us Canada (1816696)
Posted by o.supreme on August 19th, 2016 @ 12:01pm CDT
For some reason, seeing this made my mind think back to the sparking gimmick for the Monsterbots. (Same for the later Sparkabots & Firecons) Of course such a thing would never be allowed to be designed in a toy today.
Re: New image of Titans Return Deluxe Class Doublecross revealed by Toys R Us Canada (1816698)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 19th, 2016 @ 12:05pm CDT
Yes to everything RAR just said. I do hope Hasbro is paying some serious attention to completing "sets". That's very important to the collector. It looks like they are off to a good start with the four Headmaster autobots and three Deceps. Keep that up.

Complete sets of seekers, etc. should be a top priority. I'm much more interested in new characters than a hundred Bee or Prime repaints. I'm much more excited in a "Sentinel" Prime than an Arctic Blast or Night Attack Prime. Same for Bluestreak, Prowl, Smokescreen, etc.

AND yes, I've been holding my breath for the remaining Ark crew. Jazz and Sideswipe really need to happen as limbs. Badly. Plus repaint/retools like Hoist are a no brainer. Pass some of those on to a retailer like BBTS or a convention like TFCon. (???)

I'd totally be okay with a Troop Builder box set featuring a couple of molds but with different schemes... like Hoist in normal and Diaclone colors plus Diaclone Trailbreaker. Basically the same mold, but some cool options. They could be manufactured in the same pressing, being the same mold.

That could also be a great way to do something like a combiner seeker army. Same mold, but an entire limb set. They could be displayed 2 as jets, 2 as robots. I'd love the original trio plus the "generic" purple one Hotlink. Slap those on Cyclonus. Awesome.
Re: New image of Titans Return Deluxe Class Doublecross revealed by Toys R Us Canada (1816699)
Posted by Cobotron on August 19th, 2016 @ 12:06pm CDT
o.supreme wrote: Of course such a thing would never be allowed to be designed in a toy today.

:lol: :lol: :-P

Golly gosh darn it that Doublecross looks dope! Great big Con stomping feet and all.
I am now looking forward to Alpha Trion and Doublecross the most.
Re: New image of Titans Return Deluxe Class Doublecross revealed by Toys R Us Canada (1816700)
Posted by RAR on August 19th, 2016 @ 12:07pm CDT
I saw the new Thunderbird 3 that has real smoke coming out of it (awesome toy incidentally) and was frankly amazed that was allowed to exist myself... but I guess it must be safe as its in toy trains too.

I have always thought Repugnus was kind cute - like an ugly dog's puppy or something - I like Grotesque because of the Fuzor version too.

Sure they could be tweaked a little but the basic look of them is sound - as a character design i'd say - likewise something like Fangry or Horribull - they need some mild tweaks (so sony doesn't shout at them about Horibull looking like a Terrordog) - But This here dragon is so obviously ideal for a mild remould into Fangry it would be shocking to me if they didn't do that.
Re: New image of Titans Return Deluxe Class Doublecross revealed by Toys R Us Canada (1816701)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 19th, 2016 @ 12:09pm CDT
Yeah, I'm on board for a Fangry. They need to crank out all those headmasters.

I also love the notion of them putting out some alternate heads... even new character ones.

I'd also love a Fort Max head put out in other colors. Could be Grand Max, Brave Max, or a new character. Would be sweet to swap out and change the character. He's the only one we can't head swap now.
Re: New image of Titans Return Deluxe Class Doublecross revealed by Toys R Us Canada (1816703)
Posted by Kurona on August 19th, 2016 @ 12:12pm CDT
You guys do know that Jazz, Hoist and Sideswipe already exist right

Granted they could stand to be re-issued - especially Jazz - but if you want to complete your original ark crew or whatever there's no shortage of options just because they weren't CW limbs.
Re: New image of Titans Return Deluxe Class Doublecross revealed by Toys R Us Canada (1816707)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 19th, 2016 @ 12:19pm CDT
Of course, classics are an inch and a half taller and can't combine with the rest of the team...

Plus anyone who missed them 15 years ago would love to get a new one on the shelf.
Re: New image of Titans Return Deluxe Class Doublecross revealed by Toys R Us Canada (1816709)
Posted by o.supreme on August 19th, 2016 @ 12:20pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :-P

You know what makes that worse...my son has that toy. I thought it was just a big blob of plastic I wasted 10 bucks on (or whatever it cost at the time). But of course that toy has no transformation, probably still a lot of safety issues involved to get that toy to pass all safety standards etc...

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Kit & Parts By Hasbro Ultimate Class E1:01 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Deluxe Lot. Crosshairs and Drift" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Loyal Subjects Optimus Prime Action Figure Funko Pop Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Shrapnel insecticon in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 ramjet Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Sideswipe Autobot 84 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Thrust Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Construct-Bots Optimus Prime Vs. Megatron Construction Set" on EBAY