New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead

New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead

Sunday, August 23rd, 2009 9:19am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Company News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 19,448

S250 provides this in package image of Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead. Hardhead is a repaint of Transformers Universe Onslaught. This is the first ever repaint of this Ultra class Universe mold, and has been long predicted by community members. However, at this point, there appears to be no remolding in the character, only repainting to be similar in color to G1 Hardhead.

The toy is expected to hit WalMart stores in the month of October 2009.

Stay tuned to Seibertron for all your latest Transformers news.

Credit(s): S250

This article was last modified on Sunday, August 23rd, 2009 9:44am CDT

Re: New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead (979998)
Posted by HighPrime on August 23rd, 2009 @ 9:30am CDT
Stockade wrote:Yeah! another repaint. way to go Hasbro... decision will be made when i see it. at least its not another Silverbolt repaint! ugh can someone destroy the silverbolt mold please!!!!

Don't you dare destroy the Silverbolt mold. I think it's great and have each variant thus far. Looking forward to the Skyfall. As for Hardhead, I think Hasbro picked a decent figure to homage, less the headmaster thing. Colors are right, it's a miltary-like vehicle, and the face-mask fits in with original G1. I'll be picking this one up.
Re: New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead (980006)
Posted by Stockade on August 23rd, 2009 @ 9:43am CDT
HighPrime wrote:

Re: New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead (980009)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 23rd, 2009 @ 9:47am CDT

At least it's not a completely new figure that's exclusive to a certain store, that would only add to the frustration ;)

I don't have Onslaught, so I'll be getting him... Or ask my in-laws to get him for me if I have the guts :P
Re: New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead (980010)
Posted by Naked Magnus on August 23rd, 2009 @ 9:55am CDT
Stockade wrote:Ok Ok i wont destroy it, but i wish hasbro would do something really different with that mold and its getting old too. I have Silverbolt and Darkwind, and i would say i MIGHT get Skyfall, but i will have to see him on the shelf to make the decision... I guess i see it this way, hasbro has money, alot of money and im sure they can come up with new dies and molds for us and I'm sure everyone would agree. right?

I will now state the obvious: Unfortunately, Hasbro is just a business with the goal to become as profitable as possible. If they can convince us to buy 10 repaints of each mold, then they would have no problem doing it. Sometimes through clever marketing they are successful. That is why I need to have at least three repaints (Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp) of each Seeker mold (encore, classics, masterpiece, titanium, WST) because my inner 10 year old thinks that is badass. Hasbro's marketing from 25 years ago still has an effect on me.

Hasbro will try to get away with as many repaints as possible.

I personally have a hard time buying a repaint of the same mold but for a different faction. I can see bots from the same faction being similar, but across factions it seems a bit contrived.

-RoS
Re: New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead (980019)
Posted by YRQRM0 on August 23rd, 2009 @ 10:14am CDT
I love this mold, but I prefer it as a Decepticon...

It's still nice though
Re: New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead (980024)
Posted by GuyIncognito on August 23rd, 2009 @ 10:20am CDT
I love this mold, but they should have put more orange on it and made it Roadbuster.
Re: New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead (980045)
Posted by First Gen on August 23rd, 2009 @ 10:55am CDT
Please, lay off the repaint gripes. For one there are plenty of threads already dedicated to it, and we wouldn't have Seekers or other great TF' if it weren't for repaints.

Back on subject, I just bought Onslaught from Big Bad Toy Store as I really, really like the mold, never had the money when he was in stores and got a killer deal on an Universe Ultra case on clearance.

I'll have to see more pics to make a final decision though.

As for Roadbuster, he was already released in a two pack with Dirge as a Target exclusive, so don't hold your breath on that.
Re: New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead (980049)
Posted by Prime Riblet on August 23rd, 2009 @ 11:02am CDT
This mold is a good one, and I am surprised that Hasbro has waited this long to do a repaint using it. That said, I believe I'll pass. It's good though.
Re: New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead (980073)
Posted by shonenfan4 on August 23rd, 2009 @ 11:33am CDT
Man, another WM exclusives... I don't know why but it seems that WM exclusives are harder to find in-stock in-stores than other stores' exclusives (with the exception of Ramjet and Skywarp) :?
Re: New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead (980087)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 23rd, 2009 @ 11:42am CDT
I like the mold and the new colors but im gonna pass. Its to much money for a repaint with no remolds. So hasbro doesnt do repaints for the sake of repaint huh? I think this is a prime example.
Re: New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead (980090)
Posted by Nekoman on August 23rd, 2009 @ 11:44am CDT
Onslaught is meant to be a combiner, so I ended up passing on him, but this works, as now it doesn't feel so incomplete to me. I will be buying him.
Re: New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead (980093)
Posted by Mkall on August 23rd, 2009 @ 11:47am CDT
I'm so in love with this one. I absolutely love the shield design the best.
Re: New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead (980103)
Posted by waaaaghlord on August 23rd, 2009 @ 12:01pm CDT
I was thinking of picking up a Duros at Auto Assembly with the intention of modding Hardhead when I get my hands on him (the 2 complete ones at Kapow's table had gone by the time I decided it was doable, might still ebay one). Looking at my USA Ed Onslaught and chatting to a couple of kitbashers that have already had the mould apart it doesn't seem like it'd be a hard mod. Probably have to disable the electronics since there's an LED in the head, but that's no biggie.
Re: New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead (980107)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 23rd, 2009 @ 12:05pm CDT
I like it, aside from the silly shield symbol. Unfortunately it's not a character I collect, so I still won't have any versions of this mold.
Re: New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead (980125)
Posted by Windsweeper on August 23rd, 2009 @ 12:24pm CDT
I'd like to see this mold as Turmoil from the Drift:Spotlight.

For some reason, I'd prefer Hardhead from the Wreckage or Universe Tank Megatron mold.
Re: New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead (980144)
Posted by Nemesis Rodimus on August 23rd, 2009 @ 12:49pm CDT
Oh. My. Goodness. :grin:

Wow. This is amazing. I have no experience with Hardhead, but he looks cool. I don't know who he is or what he does, but thaqt anti-Decepticon symbol won me over. Just like the original cartoon G.I.Joe movie, when Sgt. Slaughter's men had anti-Cobra symbols.

Iloveitiloveitiloveit.
Re: New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead (980150)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on August 23rd, 2009 @ 12:56pm CDT
It is an amazing mould, and it looks good in those colours, but that big "No Decepticons" sign is just simply tacky to have on his shield.
Re: New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead (980178)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on August 23rd, 2009 @ 1:29pm CDT
Oh please This mold should of had been repainted as Roadbuster
Re: New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead (980205)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on August 23rd, 2009 @ 2:02pm CDT
Wheeljack35 wrote:Oh please This mold should of had been repainted as Roadbuster

Why? It makes about as much sense for G1 Jeep Roadbuster to become an APC as it does for G1 Future Tank Hardhead to become one, in fact Hardhead as a transition is actually a fair bit more sensible.
Re: New Image of Transformers Walmart Exclusive Universe Hardhead (980223)
Posted by Convotron on August 23rd, 2009 @ 2:30pm CDT
Nice repaint of a cool mold!

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers - Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Megatron & Grimlock - NIB!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime 2005 and Cybertron Buzzsaw" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Takara Legends LG36 Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "SCOURGE! Transformers Titans Return! Deluxe Class, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2013 TRANSFORMERS Machine Wars G1 Rainmakers Hotlink Single Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Titan Master Skytread New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "ThreeZero Studio ThreeA 3A Transformers Bumblebee Movie  DLX Diecast BLITZWING" on EBAY