New Image of Universe Leo Prime

New Image of Universe Leo Prime

Wednesday, November 12th, 2008 2:02pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 27,477

Yizhi521 of TF08.net has posted a new image of Transformers: universe Leo Prime. Leo Prime is a repaint (with remolded head) of the Cybertron Voyager figure Leobreaker

See the image by clicking here.

{L_IMAGE}

Credit(s): Yizhi521, TF08.net

Re: New Image of Universe Leo Prime (832848)
Posted by Rocketeer on November 12th, 2008 @ 2:09pm CST
Let's see...
Wolverine's claws? Check.
Nightcrawler's tail? Check.
Spider-man's uniform? Check.

I believe this figure slaughtered the Marvel Comics universe and took trophies. :mrgreen:
Re: New Image of Universe Leo Prime (832850)
Posted by zero-kaiser on November 12th, 2008 @ 2:14pm CST
im liking this more and more :) but im gunna hold on my final judgement of it until i see some nice clear pictures of it..
Re: New Image of Universe Leo Prime (832853)
Posted by Rodimus_NZ on November 12th, 2008 @ 2:20pm CST
Re: New Image of Universe Leo Prime (832854)
Posted by Hard Hacker on November 12th, 2008 @ 2:22pm CST
Looking good.
Re: New Image of Universe Leo Prime (832859)
Posted by Venomous Prime on November 12th, 2008 @ 2:26pm CST
Still ugly :SICK:
Re: New Image of Universe Leo Prime (832872)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on November 12th, 2008 @ 2:51pm CST
i really want this fig now. i will kill to get it(maybe not a human, probably a dog or lizard) :P
Re: New Image of Universe Leo Prime (832898)
Posted by YRQRM0 on November 12th, 2008 @ 3:33pm CST
rabstanz wrote:im only the head was the only thing they remoulded and that leo prime can still connect to Cybertron Prime, I reckon the color scheme of Leo Prime would make them look better combined together than with Leobreaker

I never thought about that, they would look pretty cool. But I'm not a fan of his arm transformation, it doesn't even really have a hand, so I certainly won't be getting another mold like this.
Re: New Image of Universe Leo Prime (832902)
Posted by Nekoman on November 12th, 2008 @ 3:40pm CST
This toy looks fabulous in my opinion. I must give them credit for the new head sculpt, that was quite unexpected.
Re: New Image of Universe Leo Prime (832913)
Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper on November 12th, 2008 @ 4:17pm CST
Waiting for a Razorclaw repaint...all it needs is a slight head retool (if that) and a new paintjob and that mould would make such a beautiful Razorclaw.
C'mon Hasbro, please?
Re: New Image of Universe Leo Prime (832915)
Posted by Shadowstream on November 12th, 2008 @ 4:18pm CST
I never bothered with the Leobreaker mold and this retool isn't even close to enough to changing my mind about it. For one I could never associate lioconvoy with that color scheme. He's a lion, not a truck! Secondly, these simplistic beast transformations don't cut it with me. All it really is is just a lion standing up strait with a robot head sticking out the top, having the lion's head become the entire midsection. Personaly I'd rather they go back to the original Lioconvoy design and work out the problems that one had instead.
Re: New Image of Universe Leo Prime (832916)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on November 12th, 2008 @ 4:19pm CST
I don't like it (so far). The color scheme jsut does not seem to fit the mold. I'd prefer to see the same mold (with new head sculpt) in Leo Prime's colors, but I guess the original Leobreaker was too close to that color scheme.

A Razorclaw repaint would be just prime.
Re: New Image of Universe Leo Prime (832918)
Posted by Agent 007 on November 12th, 2008 @ 4:21pm CST
meh too ugly pass for me.
Re: New Image of Universe Leo Prime (833018)
Posted by T-Macksimus on November 12th, 2008 @ 7:02pm CST
I was against this figure at first until rabstanz pointed out how it may look cool when combined due to its new paint job. Already having a Lio Convoy figure was turning me off from this repaint but now I may pick it up just to see how it looks in Savage Claw mode.
(Or I could see if one of my kids gets it and just take Cyb. Prime over to check it out)
Re: New Image of Universe Leo Prime (833065)
Posted by Powersa on November 12th, 2008 @ 8:45pm CST
I will get one to combine with my GF Prime.
Re: New Image of Universe Leo Prime (833119)
Posted by ponycorn on November 12th, 2008 @ 10:29pm CST
Never was a fan of this mold, but I'll third the wishful thinking for a Razorclaw. I'd be all over it dressed up like him.
Re: New Image of Universe Leo Prime (833133)
Posted by Amelie on November 12th, 2008 @ 10:53pm CST
ponycorn wrote:I'd be all over it dressed up like him.

That....is the rudest thing I've read all week. ;;)

I still think it looks ugly. The colours are just all wrong.
Re: New Image of Universe Leo Prime (833212)
Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper on November 13th, 2008 @ 5:57am CST
If it looked like this, on the other hand... - give it a (very) slightly altered headsculpt (visor instead of eyes, perhaps slightly modify the helmet), rename it 'Predacon Razorclaw' for copyright purposes if needed - bada bing, bada boom, hardly any effort/expense and you have a nice new Universe figure that doesn't look so...well, stupidly garish... and is sure to please the G1 Predacon fanboys like myself.
They made a whole new mold (which I quite like despite it's many failings) for Octane/Tankor fer Cybertron's sake.
Re: New Image of Universe Leo Prime (833313)
Posted by dragons on November 13th, 2008 @ 11:26am CST
Let's see...
Wolverine's claws? Check.
Nightcrawler's tail? Check.
Spider-man's uniform? Check.

haha funny i never thought if of it like that until now

i as never fan of leobreaker in the series but i may pick this guy up.

hands are a bit on the weak side but i would say out of all the lio primes there are lio prime is the best one from the beast wars series i would like to get that prime more than this one here.

i dont how accuate this is compared to the picture we have now but there are clearere pictures of lio prime at bbts link below & others

still small chance that he could combine with prime doesnt look all that much has changed but hte head & colors but have to waite & see on the package and in review of this figure

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Speedster Boulder Flip Racers Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Medix The Doc-Bot Figure Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stealth Force Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DOTM CYBERVERSE COMMANDER CLASS MEGATRON LEFT DOUBLE CANNON WEAPON" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Decepticon Runuamuck Runabout MIB in US in Hand free ship" on EBAY