New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt

New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt

Thursday, May 28th, 2015 3:06am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 19,304

Fellow Seibertronian Powered Convoy has kindly linked us to some high-res scans of two latest hobby magazines, Dengeki Hobby and Figure King. While we have seen pretty much all of the images within in a number of recent news stories (Such as Road Rage here, and Groove here, plus Q Transformers here), there are some nice new images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage, especially of the face sculpt for the Tracks retool. Check them out mirrored below!

Transformers News: New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt

Full page

Credit(s): Figure King, Powered Convoy, shajaki

Re: New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt (1691457)
Posted by MemphisR56 on May 28th, 2015 @ 3:24am CDT
Her chin is so pointy.
Re: New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt (1691461)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on May 28th, 2015 @ 3:40am CDT
I find her pouty lips strangely adorable.
Re: New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt (1691473)
Posted by Heckfire on May 28th, 2015 @ 4:51am CDT

OK, OK, that was a cheap shot, sorry...

The more I see about this figure, the happier I am about preordering her. My urge to squee is rising exponentially..!

I wonder if this might prompt an appearance in the IDW books? ROAD RAGE ON THE LOST LIGHT 2015!
Re: New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt (1691479)
Posted by Rated X on May 28th, 2015 @ 6:04am CDT
Re: New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt (1691482)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 28th, 2015 @ 6:21am CDT
Heckfire wrote:...aaaand CUE more bitching about her lack of a faceplate, despite the total absence of complaints about Tracks ALSO missing his original toy's faceplate...

OK, OK, that was a cheap shot, sorry...

Cheap shot on target Heck! Especially those bellyachers who don't even have ANY intention of buying her anyway......... :HEADHURTS:
Re: New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt (1691542)
Posted by Rogueknight on May 28th, 2015 @ 9:48am CDT
MemphisR56 wrote:Her chin is so pointy.

Removed for those who cannot take a joke...
Re: New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt (1691582)
Posted by shajaki on May 28th, 2015 @ 11:28am CDT
Uhhhhh...
Re: New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt (1691587)
Posted by Cobotron on May 28th, 2015 @ 11:35am CDT
:shock:
Re: New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt (1691710)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on May 28th, 2015 @ 4:18pm CDT
Well, she's definitely on my "If I win the lotto or something" MP wishlist already.

I wonder if Takara's working on Mirage and Skids/Crosscut, and if they've got a "Powered Convoy" colors redeco of Mags planned.. That combined with Wheeljack and Road Rage would be lovely.
Re: New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt (1691715)
Posted by Cobotron on May 28th, 2015 @ 4:31pm CDT
Rogueknight wrote:
MemphisR56 wrote:Her chin is so pointy.

Removed for those who cannot take a joke...
What I shoulda said was...
:shock:

:lol:
Re: New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt (1691742)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 28th, 2015 @ 5:15pm CDT
Rated X wrote:If they were gonna give her a dudes face, they should have just went with the face plate. Oh well I guess with that mouth she can chug some energon beer with the guys.

Again with the uber expertise retort. There is only so much you can do when you feminize a robotic humanoid face. Bandai has been doing this for years and it's for a non transforming robot

Try getting an engineering degree and submit a design better than this to Tomy Takara first before you start posting the "gospel truth" according to the book of X.
Re: New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt (1691805)
Posted by Poyguimogul on May 28th, 2015 @ 8:16pm CDT
I think it's purposely not 100% feminine because the original toy (diaclone) was gender neutral and most people would want the figure based on that toy. Even though the ehobby character/toy was popular it was the original diaclone that made it all possible. The jp just made it better by adding some fiction. So, as is, it's a genderless robot, that may or may not identify as female depending on what you like.
Re: New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt (1691815)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on May 28th, 2015 @ 8:36pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:

Fen, you know I love you buddy (in a strictly platonic, heterosexual way, so don't get any funny ideas :P ) but I think Takara could have done much better for Road Rage's face. Truth is, I've been modeling a custom Arcee face for a custom head project using ZBrush, and even my sculpt beats Road Rage's super-simple conical face by a mile--and it's my first ever ZB project!

The MP male bots' face sculpts we've seen so far (barring Bumblebee and Smokescreen due to source material) have been pretty good, and it's almost like Road Rage's face was given a very simplified reshape from Tracks's face.

That said, if I had the extra cash and liked the character enough, it's not going to stop me from buying it. I mean, it's kinda good enough for what it is (a retool), but it could be a lot better.
Re: New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt (1691828)
Posted by Desslok2201 on May 28th, 2015 @ 8:58pm CDT
Re: New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt (1691833)
Posted by Cobotron on May 28th, 2015 @ 9:22pm CDT
Desslok2201 wrote:I know I'm probably in the minority, given the above statements, but I like it. It's simple, and the good kind of simple, like Godbomber's face sculpt. SOLD.

*Cobotron gets in canoe with Desslok. Starts paddling.*
Looks like a classic late 70's early 80's Japanese female robot face. Works for me.
Her stunning Takara helm doesn't hurt anything either.
Re: New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt (1691837)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 28th, 2015 @ 9:34pm CDT
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:

Btw, the comparison pics I used with Bandai's fembots, they actually don't look too far apart. So long as TT doesn't add a lipstick on a pig...... 8-}
Re: New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt (1691858)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on May 28th, 2015 @ 10:16pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote: :x Just as I love you to SW :lol: But you know the source material of the original complaint. If TT made the face too kawaii, we'd probably be getting another speech as to its being too feminine.....just as Heckler posted.

Yeah, I get your point. It's not an MP thread without some nitpicking, but that's the nature of the internet, I guess. Image

Well, actually the Bandai fembots do have better sculpting, which Road Rage's face is more of an upside down cone. It's okay for a robot, but the Bandai faces have a more humanoid silhouette to them.

As for lipstick, need I remind you of Generations Takara Chromia? :P
Re: New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt (1691863)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 28th, 2015 @ 10:33pm CDT
Starting to think that may skip Tracks for Roadrage, then when the KOs hit, get our boy in blue.
Re: New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt (1691864)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 28th, 2015 @ 10:36pm CDT
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:

As for lipstick, need I remind you of Generations Takara Chromia? :P

And we still got a complaint. I remember a Joker reference. It does look scary when focused on a HD digicam but using a normal eyes human vision, the details of her lipstick wasn't so bad (especially in the Legends version of hers)
Re: New Image - Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage Face Sculpt (1691904)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on May 29th, 2015 @ 1:22am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:

As for lipstick, need I remind you of Generations Takara Chromia? :P

Haha, sorry, that was me! It was just a joke, though.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
"Redlining Sixth"
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 BRUTICUS New MISB USA Seller" on EBAY
Buy "2017 Hasbro TRANSFORMERS Titans Return TRYPTICON w Fulltilt NEW  sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Angry Birds Telepods Grey Slam Grimlock Bird Figure New MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Quake & Hardhead" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Bumblebee: Cyberverse Adventures  Class Grimlock NEW FREE SHIPPIN" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Critically Complained" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Bumblebee: Cyberverse Adventures - Deluxe Class Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BOTBOTS Series 4 CHEF NADA Empanada Pastry" on EBAY