New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy

New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy

Friday, October 14th, 2016 9:28am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 39,602

Thanks to our favorite Twitter user TFYuki we bring to you today a new, clear image of Lio Convoy, the Takara Legends version of Alpha Trion! Lio Convoy uses the body of the Titans Return Alpha Trion, but it uses the Infinitus Titan master figure that originally came with Sentinel Prime. This is the first general Takara release of that specific body and head, so it will be entirely unique. You can check out the new image below, and remember to pre-order you Lio Convoy today!

Transformers News: New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy

Credit(s): TFYuki

Re: New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy (1833512)
Posted by Kurona on October 14th, 2016 @ 9:33am CDT
Re: New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy (1833513)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on October 14th, 2016 @ 9:36am CDT
Kurona wrote:So... where's that gun from? Have we seen it before? It's certainly not one of the Titan Master guns.

It's sentinels being held upside-down ;)
Re: New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy (1833523)
Posted by Cobotron on October 14th, 2016 @ 9:59am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

It's sentinels being held upside-down ;)
You didn't believe me the first time, huh K? :-(
Why you no trust Cobotron? :-P

I agree Diac's face is a near perfect match, but I like the way the one he has has a much more fierce and threatening, rough and wild appearance. A good fit for a beast bot. Plus he's not the same Leo Convoy. He re-scanned man! :lol:
I do dig how the metallic blue of the gun and head pulls the color from the old design.
Re: New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy (1833568)
Posted by SureShot18 on October 14th, 2016 @ 11:34am CDT
Urge to preorder rising....
Re: New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy (1833646)
Posted by Munkky on October 14th, 2016 @ 3:31pm CDT
I love the colour scheme on Lio Convoy, it looks so much better than Alpha Trion, though I do plan to pick up both versions of the mould. *Tracer voice* The world could always use more Maximals. Or Cybertrons, whatever.
Re: New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy (1833678)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on October 14th, 2016 @ 5:56pm CDT
Preordered him. Hopefully I can afford him when he comes out, that color scheme looks fantastic and I already really like the Sentinel head sculpt.
Re: New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy (1833744)
Posted by Cyberpath on October 15th, 2016 @ 7:20am CDT
From Takara:

Re: New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy (1833754)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 15th, 2016 @ 9:17am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:From Takara:

:x :x :x
Re: New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy (1833755)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 15th, 2016 @ 9:21am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:From Takara:

Best "Supreme Commander's Day" photo op ever.
Re: New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy (1833767)
Posted by Logan. on October 15th, 2016 @ 11:02am CDT
In (my) hand: IMHO simply the best TR/LG into these two waves :D

Re: New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy (1833774)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on October 15th, 2016 @ 11:52am CDT
Logan, I've got this sneaking suspicion that you really like Blurr. I can't quite put my finger on why, but my gut is usually right on these things.
Re: New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy (1833789)
Posted by Logan. on October 15th, 2016 @ 12:20pm CDT
Wolfman :D , I Super love Hardhead, but about overall quality, IMHO:

1 LG Blurr
2 LG/TR Hardhead
3 TR/LG Wolfwire/Weirdwolf
Re: New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy (1833929)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 15th, 2016 @ 9:43pm CDT
Re: New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy (1833931)
Posted by william-james88 on October 15th, 2016 @ 10:10pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Infinitus is being used because the little robot head looks the closest to GaoGaiGar, whose central robot mode, Gai Gar, is being homaged by Legends Lio Prime. You're welcome.

This is all japanese to me, care to show us some images to show what you are talking about?
Re: New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy (1833934)
Posted by Emerje on October 15th, 2016 @ 10:22pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I'd like to see as well. I own a vintage GaoGaiGar, but I really don't see any connection between the two.

Unless it was just a bad joke.

Emerje
Re: New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy (1833954)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 16th, 2016 @ 12:29am CDT
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Unless it was just a bad joke.

Emerje
Preeeeeeeeeetty sure he was just making a joke, yes.
Re: New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy (1833962)
Posted by King Kuuga on October 16th, 2016 @ 1:59am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Hang on, I got this one.

GaiGar

GaoGaiGar

Legends Lio Convoy

Yeah I'm veering on the side of joke. Nicely done, though!
Re: New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy (1833964)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 16th, 2016 @ 2:08am CDT
Well, three versions of Leo Prime were redecos/retools of molds inspired by Galeon/Gaigar:

Re: New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy (1833968)
Posted by King Kuuga on October 16th, 2016 @ 2:46am CDT
Re: New Image: Transformers Legends Lio Convoy (1833971)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 16th, 2016 @ 3:11am CDT
King Kuuga wrote:Two of those are homaging the original Lio Convoy toy, and I find his homaging of GaiGar dubious at best. Is it officially documented somewhere that that's who he's based on? I know the timeframe adds up, GaoGaiGar airing in 1997 and Beast Wars II in '98. GGG was a pretty wild success so i wouldn't put it past Takara to homage their own property, but Lio Convoy also has a ton of red on his torso that GaiGar doesn't, which is what makes me question the resemblance.

It's chuck's personal opinion. Does not necessarily mean it's true. If you ask me, it's the TF Go! Samurai/Ninja team combiner that looks more like Gaogaigar.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chase Brush Fire Boulder Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY
Buy "ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class 2021" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS LOT IRONHIDE & MEGATRON KREON BATTLE CHANGER SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME AUTOBOT TRUCK DIECAST 1:32 JADA HOLLYWOOD NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Autobot Ratchet Deluxe Action Figure " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS SALVAGE, Griffin Rock Construction Team Flip Racer 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY