Transformers News: New Images and 360 degree product view for Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits

Wednesday, May 13th, 2015 8:48AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 15,263

The Fascinations website has been updated with their upcoming Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits, which were first seen at the 2015 US Toy Fair.

You can now go to the Transformer page at http://www.fascinations.com/transformers for more information. Make sure you click on the image of each model to see its 360 degree product view.

These Metal Earth kits are detailed DIY models that start as 4" square steel sheets and finish as 3D models. Use the instructions to pop out the pieces, bend the tabs and connect them at attachment points. The upcoming characters released are Megatron, Optimus, Soundwave, and Bumblebee and their images can be found below.

Credit(s): fascinations
Re: New Images and 360 degree product view for Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits (1684930)
Posted by carytheone on May 13th, 2015 @ 9:01am CDT
Definitely getting SW. I'm liking the look of OP as well. I have a couple of these and I enjoy putting them together.

Hahaha, Bee has skates!
Re: New Images and 360 degree product view for Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits (1684951)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 13th, 2015 @ 10:12am CDT
Would ya look at that. A toy of Bumblebee's grave marker. :P

Re: New Images and 360 degree product view for Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits (1684955)
Posted by dragons on May 13th, 2015 @ 10:23am CDT
Glad master piece bumble bee feet don't look like that
Re: New Images and 360 degree product view for Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits (1684992)
Posted by Desslok2201 on May 13th, 2015 @ 12:13pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Would ya look at that. A toy of Bumblebee's grave marker. :P

I was just thinking that these would be great in a display of fallen autobots or decepticons
Re: New Images and 360 degree product view for Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits (1687597)
Posted by LegendaryAntiHero on May 19th, 2015 @ 4:36pm CDT
I liked their Star Wars stuff. I'm eager to show how they tackle figures
Re: New Images and 360 degree product view for Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits (1787084)
Posted by william-james88 on May 5th, 2016 @ 7:42pm CDT
I finished my first model today: Megatron.

Its wasnt easy but it was pleasant once I got the right tools. I made a few mistakes here and there but overall it wa a fun experience and the end result is not bad. Here are a few pictures of my progress:

Re: New Images and 360 degree product view for Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits (1787092)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 5th, 2016 @ 7:55pm CDT
What was your trick for the rounded parts? I didn't do so hot at those.
Re: New Images and 360 degree product view for Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits (1787103)
Posted by william-james88 on May 5th, 2016 @ 8:29pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:What was your trick for the rounded parts? I didn't do so hot at those.

I used the a headphone jack. It had 3 diamateres so one usually worked and if not it gave a rounded shape that I could widen or make smaller after.

Re: New Images and 360 degree product view for Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits (1787938)
Posted by william-james88 on May 8th, 2016 @ 10:32pm CDT
I finished Soundwave which I am very proud of. I kicked ass on him and all his tiny ass parts, like Lazerbeak. Here is a breakdown of this model:

Here is Lazrbeak

He is so TINY!

Re: New Images and 360 degree product view for Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits (1787947)
Posted by Burn on May 8th, 2016 @ 10:44pm CDT
Re: New Images and 360 degree product view for Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits (1787949)
Posted by william-james88 on May 8th, 2016 @ 10:45pm CDT
Burn wrote:Biting the bullet and getting Prime. Not sure how I'll go with it, but hey, may as well have a go!

Please let us know how it goes. And remember to get tweasers instead of the long nose pliers they indicate.
Re: New Images and 360 degree product view for Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits (1788124)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 9th, 2016 @ 2:20pm CDT
Tweezers are your friend.
Re: New Images and 360 degree product view for Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits (1788502)
Posted by carytheone on May 10th, 2016 @ 6:09pm CDT
Well that settles that, Soundwave it is! That tiny metal Laserbeak is sweet.

I might just mount him on my face!
Re: New Images and 360 degree product view for Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits (1788516)
Posted by Burn on May 10th, 2016 @ 7:02pm CDT
Ironhidensh's Wife wrote:Tweezers are your friend.

She speaks from experience. *snickers*
I'm so fucking immature at times.
Re: New Images and 360 degree product view for Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits (1788522)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 10th, 2016 @ 8:08pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Ironhidensh's Wife wrote:Tweezers are your friend.

She speaks from experience. *snickers*
I'm so **** immature at times.

If you brought nicer gifts when you visit, she wouldn't say that. [-(
Re: New Images and 360 degree product view for Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits (1788545)
Posted by william-james88 on May 10th, 2016 @ 9:20pm CDT
carytheone wrote:Well that settles that, Soundwave it is! That tiny metal Laserbeak is sweet.

I might just mount him on my face!

He is so small, he could be worn as an earring.
Re: New Images and 360 degree product view for Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits (1788554)
Posted by carytheone on May 10th, 2016 @ 9:49pm CDT
Well BBTS is out of SW, but they have a Gold Bee.

Guess, I'll just have to look elsewhere. I've yet to see the TF ones at retail though.
Re: New Images and 360 degree product view for Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits (1788566)
Posted by william-james88 on May 10th, 2016 @ 10:14pm CDT
carytheone wrote:Well BBTS is out of SW, but they have a Gold Bee.

Does amazon count as retail? Because they have boatloads of em.

Heres what I bought on Amazon, I got the bug!

Re: New Images and 360 degree product view for Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits (1788567)
Posted by carytheone on May 10th, 2016 @ 10:17pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
carytheone wrote:Well BBTS is out of SW, but they have a Gold Bee.

Does amazon count as retail? Because they have boatloads of em.
No, I meant brick and mortar. Instant gratification is so much easier to justify.

I can nab one from walmart for under $10 shipped free to the store, I just never looked there (or anywhere else for that matter). I knew BBTS had them and I could add them to my stack. WM gots everyone beat on price and shipping. :HEADHURTS:

EDIT: that USS Enterprise is real tempting, I really like the spaceships.

I need to put the Millennium Falcon and the Normandy together.

EDIT EDIT: Have you seen this? I'm not even a Batfan and I want one.

Re: New Images and 360 degree product view for Transformers Metal Earth 3D Model Kits (1788575)
Posted by william-james88 on May 10th, 2016 @ 10:28pm CDT
I have seen it, but I would rather get this one:

Also my wife is a big Doctor WHO fan so she wants most of those when they get released later this year.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
"NYCC 2019"
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

Buy "Transformers (Two) Megatron Deception Dark of the Moon Cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Megatron Mechtech" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations -  Deluxe Class Action Figure - Cybertronian Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "ORION PAX OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Robot Truck" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon  Voyager Class Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "THE TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS CYBER BATTALION JETFIRE AUTOBOT" on EBAY
Buy "NEW TRANSFORMERS 3 DOTM LUNARFIRE OPTIMUS PRIME EXCLUSIVE DELUXE CLASS SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist Complete" on EBAY