New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron

New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron

Saturday, March 28th, 2015 6:08am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 35,530

Transformers News: New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron

Credit(s): TFYuki

Re: New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron (1668255)
Posted by Rated X on March 28th, 2015 @ 6:33am CDT
Re: New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron (1668257)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 28th, 2015 @ 6:44am CDT
Va'al wrote:Seibertronian Cyberpath may have found Takara Tomy Transformers designer Hisashi Yuki's new Twitter toy favourite: Legends LG13 Megatron! TFYuki posted a shot of the upcoming Japanese redeco of the Leader class Combiner Wars toy (whose galleries you can find here), and some wonderful fan on the internet also posted a comparison between the two - check the images out below!

He kinda reminds me of my old Matchbox King Tiger tank. All silver. Nice!
Re: New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron (1668261)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 28th, 2015 @ 7:10am CDT
Rated X wrote:Megatron looks so much better without all that red crap. I always baffeled me why any collector would want a mold meant to look like the cartoon aesthetics but in vintage toy colors. It makes no sense. Just make it all cartoon.

I was gonna go with HAsbro just because of that. G1 Megs is freaking awesome and I love the hommage. However, NO RED ON THE INSIDE OF THE LEGS. For me, that's a dealbreaker for this concept. Sure, it would have made an odd colored tank but still...

I just hope Takara make a LOT of this Megs because I'd like to order the Takara easily. Takara, don't repeat the Fembots Fiasco please.
Re: New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron (1668269)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 28th, 2015 @ 7:31am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Supposedly according to hlj, even TAV Strongarm got a limited release like the Fembots.
Re: New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron (1668289)
Posted by Desslok2201 on March 28th, 2015 @ 8:52am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Did I miss something? I got all 3 without any problem at all, I wasn't aware they were hard to come by
Re: New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron (1668290)
Posted by william-james88 on March 28th, 2015 @ 8:56am CDT
Desslok2201 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Thats because you only bought one of each. Everyone that bought 2 or more were sent a message that, to satisfy the demand, they could only give one of each to everyone.
Re: New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron (1668291)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 28th, 2015 @ 9:01am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Also, they are already sold out everywhere.
Re: New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron (1668294)
Posted by Desslok2201 on March 28th, 2015 @ 9:05am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Also, they are already sold out everywhere.

Well that's the drama I avoid by never buying multiples from the same place. Also, Chromia is still available as of 5 min ago
Re: New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron (1668299)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 28th, 2015 @ 9:34am CDT
He's so bland and naked.
Re: New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron (1668301)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 28th, 2015 @ 9:36am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:He's so bland and naked.

Sigh, I agree here too.

AUUUUUGHHH! I just want a Leader Megatron without having to pay 100$ for it! Hasbro Takara, whatever, come out already!
Re: New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron (1668304)
Posted by Allenspurs on March 28th, 2015 @ 9:40am CDT
All three are readily available on ebay for around $40 each.
Re: New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron (1668306)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 28th, 2015 @ 9:44am CDT
Why oh why did the cartoon have to neuter Megatron's color scheme to being just gray and black, two of the most boring colors ever? :-(
Re: New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron (1668307)
Posted by Desslok2201 on March 28th, 2015 @ 9:44am CDT
I'm so hoping that this won't delay MP Meg's v2. You can't be anime accurate and have the wrong alt mode. No matter how much I squint, I can't mistake a tank for a P-38
Re: New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron (1668308)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 28th, 2015 @ 9:44am CDT
Allenspurs wrote:All three are readily available on ebay for around $40 each.

The 3 fembots you mean? Yeah, 40$US each is a great deal compared to the 25$CAN they cost each at the Japanese online stores.

Beside, that's ironically what I paid for Arcee and Chromia. Around 40$ each. Hasbro version. Damn exchange rate and damn custom fees! :-x
Re: New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron (1668321)
Posted by william-james88 on March 28th, 2015 @ 10:03am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:He's so bland and naked.

Sigh, I agree here too.

Yup, agreed. Actually, I would have much preferred Takara didnt go the silver route and had more of a matte finish, to truly be cartoon accurate. Or at least look what what was first shown.

Re: New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron (1668323)
Posted by Allenspurs on March 28th, 2015 @ 10:06am CDT
Hey its not perfect, but if you want them bad enough you can get them.

I paid $87 for windblade and chromia to be delivered to the UK. That's basically the only option is had. I won't let a lack of decent purchase options in the UK deprive me of must have items like the fembot's
Re: New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron (1668326)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on March 28th, 2015 @ 10:10am CDT

I sort of agree. Comparing the two side by side there's a little much on the red accents there. The red button on the barrel, the red firing missile, the red crotch and the red around his abs and shoulders is kind of overdoing it. With his more subdued color scheme he has a "real-world" utilitarian look. BUT this being a toy line and all I think there has to be a careful balance of eye-catching color and real-world immersion. Yeah as chrome as G1 megs was he could still fool the average person into thinking it was modeled after an actual pistol. However, you don't hear any complaints about Skywarps (awesome) black and purple color scheme on an F-15.

Anyway, long story short they both look cool but he should at least have some color accents.
Re: New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron (1668328)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 28th, 2015 @ 10:12am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Thats why I am super happy with my decision of ignoring this release and preordering Appolyon. At least there I get something that works in a collection and doesnt have a neutered alt mode (ie a Tank instead of a gun).

Personally, I prefer Tank Megatron from Gun Megatron. Simply because it's a more logical altmode for a powerful leader. Never mind the scale-shifting. Big scary bot transform into a big scary tank. Awesome! Big scary bot born to lead transform into a... tool... that need to be picked up by some dude to be used. A bit sad, really.

Don't get me wrong, I'd REALLY want a redone MP Megs based on his iconic gun mode. It's just that as a tank, Megatron is not a... glorified targetmaster.
Re: New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron (1668331)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on March 28th, 2015 @ 10:17am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

"Neutered alt mode"? Dude I'll take a tank to a gun fight any day over a handgun.
Re: New Images and Comparison - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron (1668333)
Posted by Desslok2201 on March 28th, 2015 @ 10:21am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

I thought about going the Apollyon route, as he looks great, but I have Ollie and he is a little flimsy. I didn't want to take that chance on Megatron.

If you like it, great, enjoy. I have a missing spot on my shelf that can't be filled by a tank. Cosmos can't be a John Deere tractor just because the colors are close.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream - deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Kit & Parts By Hasbro Ultimate Class E1:01 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation Combiner Wars 2015 G2 Deluxe Class Air Raid Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Deluxe Lot. Crosshairs and Drift" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers BumbleBee Studio Series Dropkick 22 Generations Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Loyal Subjects Optimus Prime Action Figure Funko Pop Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "transformers generations armada starscream" on EBAY