New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire

Transformers News: New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire

Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019 9:20PM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 13,033

The Studio Series is coming on strong in the new year with two new leader class toys, DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire. The preorders are now up at several of our sponsors and they include new stock images. We included all images (new and old) for you below as well as the product description and links to where you can preorder them.

Product Description
Reach past the big screen and build the ultimate Transformers collection with Studio Series figures, inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the Transformers movie universe.

Jetfire

In the Pyramid Desert Battle scene from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Jetfire makes the ultimate sacrifice, heroically giving up his parts to restore and strengthen Optimus Prime.

This Studio Series 35 Voyager Class Jetfire figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco and converts from robot to jet mode in 36 steps. Remove backdrop to showcase Jetfire in the Pyramid Desert Battle scene. Includes 3 detailed accessories including cane and battle axe accessories.

Megatron

In the Serengeti Hideout scene from Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Megatron schemes with his Decepticon followers from his secluded African base.

This Studio Series 34 Voyager Class Megatron figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco and converts from robot to Mack truck mode in 30 steps. Remove backdrop to showcase Megatron and the little green Igor minion figure in the Serengeti Hideout scene. Includes 3 detailed accessories, including cape, blaster, and removable chains accessories modeled after the ones Megatron uses in the film.

BBTS: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?P ... ldOut=true

TFSource: https://tfsource.com/

Robotkingdom: http://www.robotkingdom.com/e0732as01.html

Chosen Prime: https://www.thechosenprime.com/TSSLeaderW5

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire (2002220)
Posted by william-james88 on January 2nd, 2019 @ 9:30pm CST
Re: New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire (2002222)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 2nd, 2019 @ 9:39pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Image
Oh dear. Jetfire has contracted Youngblood's Disease. :P
Re: New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire (2002223)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on January 2nd, 2019 @ 9:44pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

Ah Hasbro stock photography. Never change :lol: First they barely finish transforming a figure, now they give them a different figures accessories :lol:
Re: New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire (2002225)
Posted by GeekyGamer Gal on January 2nd, 2019 @ 9:47pm CST
That beard, why can't it fold better? :BANG_HEAD: I want to love this Jetfire so much, but that beard when he's displaying that awesome SR-71 Blackbird mode can't fly. I can't un-see it, most of the rest of the bot being kibble under the jet I can ignore as elements can be kinda taken a landing gear, just not that beard.

Leader DOTM Megs has some chunky legs. Looks like he has elephantiasis in BOTH legs, and then he's got backwards Popeye arms. I'm also leery of that cape/cloak as the weave on the fabric looks very loose, and there isn't any stitching on the edges of it to hold the fabric together, or to prevent edge fraying that I can see.

I do like Igor. The little body-less head is so adorably ugly, but not enough to warrant leaving the Megs to sit in the box in some storage tub.
Re: New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire (2002226)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 2nd, 2019 @ 9:48pm CST
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

That's Jetifre's cane down there.
Re: New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire (2002228)
Posted by Deadput on January 2nd, 2019 @ 10:07pm CST
Man I know some people don't like Megatron being that boxy but I personally like it, if I get him he will be a Generations Megatron. (I mix all of my figures together in one "big" generations collection, different versions of characters like say POTP Jazz and Movie Studio Series Jazz are either different characters with new names where susceptible like Movie Ratchet being Meltdown from TFU or completely new characters, generic army filler or otherwise)

william-james88 wrote:fyi, the Studio Series #20 Golden Volkswagen Bumblebee found has been found for a few months at gamestop for $70

Ah I saw that one a couple weeks ago while I was Christmas shopping, I was tempted but it was to expensive for me at the time, there was two of them there, the regular Studio Series Bumblebee was there as well.
Re: New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire (2002232)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on January 2nd, 2019 @ 11:08pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Image
Oh dear. Jetfire has contracted Youngblood's Disease. :P

Well at least he's not radioactive. That wouldn't be good!
Re: New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire (2002241)
Posted by Octobotimus on January 3rd, 2019 @ 12:52am CST
All of these images have been around for nearly a month.... These are hardly new.
Re: New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire (2002245)
Posted by Prime Target on January 3rd, 2019 @ 2:15am CST
So we're gonna have to wait till 2020 for a full Devestator? Guess Unite Warriors is gonna have to tide me over until then
Re: New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire (2002280)
Posted by o.supreme on January 3rd, 2019 @ 10:37am CST
Re: New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire (2002336)
Posted by Deadput on January 3rd, 2019 @ 4:29pm CST
o.supreme wrote:For the record, I still find it odd that a seemingly "smaller" Megatron (always saw the tanker truck alt mode as smaller than movie 1 space ship or movie 2 space tank) gets a leader class figure. I figure because of mass shifting Megatron's robot mode was always pretty much the same size, I understand the need probably to try to find a way to sell more leader class, but its just off putting to me, should have kept this one voyager class.

It's probably due to the fact that the truck he transforms into is "God damn huge" since it's not just the truck but also the long tanker as well, it's longer then any other alt mode he has in the movies besides maybe the TLK plane which itself is "thinner" then the truck which is both big in mass and long.

He's still taller then Optimus in DOTM itself as well.

But yeah, I don't know how tall he is but I hope that he's still relatively in scale with the others.

Igor is the best as well and I will hear no objections otherwise about that cute, little, green...head.
Re: New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire (2002340)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on January 3rd, 2019 @ 4:44pm CST

No, what they should have done is engineer it to better compress the mass (and just plain better engineer it). Megs' tanker truck mode is more or less the same size as his first 2 altmodes, but with the mass distributed differently (length instead of breadth).

Here's the problem with making him a Voyager:

I think if they'd really put their mind to it they could have done a Leader Megs that scaled properly with a Voyager Optimus (taller but not monstrously so, and also bulkier and broader). But alas.
Re: New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire (2002341)
Posted by o.supreme on January 3rd, 2019 @ 4:45pm CST
Maybe It's because DotM is such a chore to watch, or because you only saw that tanker truck one (two?) times, but I never saw it to be huge/massive.

Here is an interesting size chart. I disregarded all the animated Megatrons, since there really isn't any size scale there, but Movie Megatron being 35 feet tall in robot mode in movies 1-3 does seem to make sense.
I would think the Space Ship (movie 1) would be his largest alternate mode, with space tank being (from RotF) slightly smaller, and tanker truck from DotM being smaller still.

Re: New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire (2002346)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on January 3rd, 2019 @ 5:32pm CST
It's a Mack M915 tractor - which is a 21' truck - plus a trailer that's around 35-40'. The M915 tractor on its own isn't as long as the Peterbilt 379 but with the trailer factored in it ends up being fairly hefty. Like, have you ever been next to a semi with a trailer on?

We actually see Megs' tank mode in close proximity to Optimus' truck mode in ROTF - it's wider and bulkier, but not much longer. So the mass would seem to about tally with a smaller cab and a trailer.
Re: New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire (2002347)
Posted by Deadput on January 3rd, 2019 @ 5:43pm CST
Yes I'm not judging the size of the truck from the movie but the actual size of the vehicle itself from photos and videos from the filming.

But yes Megatron's tank and jet modes from the first two movies are not actually that big, they have mass but they look bigger then they actually are, their Cybertronian modes without pilot cockpits so they can afford to be smaller.
Re: New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire (2002361)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 3rd, 2019 @ 6:21pm CST

I played with the DotM one a lot, Ramming him and my Leader Nightwatch Prime from the Allspark line (still the #1 figure I own D-Max Fact) into each other recreating the Ironhide and the Dreads scene from DotM. I have always wished he wasn't affected by the DotM smallening, but now we get to correct that. I am happy.
Re: New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire (2002369)
Posted by Deadput on January 3rd, 2019 @ 6:57pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I for one am just glad to have a new properly sized alternate mode DotM Megatron, who is a fantastic design. I love that design, and will hear no objections to this truth.

Sometimes I wish that other Megatron's would use this design or one inspired by it as a "defeated/exiled" Megatron, or as a new neutral, wanderer, character who doesn't fight for any side yet isn't a bounty hunter.

It's such a good and unique design.
Re: New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire (2002394)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 3rd, 2019 @ 8:54pm CST
Deadput wrote:

It's such a good and unique design.
BotCon 2015 Megs paid homage to it. ;)
Re: New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire (2002401)
Posted by RobRobRobRobRob on January 3rd, 2019 @ 9:30pm CST
With the acclaimed Studio Series line marching onward triumphantly into 2019, we have just received a new review of the line’s latest offering, Battle-Damaged Megatron, which most of us know emulates Megatron’s appearance following the climactic final showdown between him, Optimus Prime and the Fallen in the second film. The review comes courtesy of YouTuber PrimeVs.Prime, who has thus far extensively catalogued the line beyond today’s subject. He goes into detail regarding the detailing of the figure, and gives a side-by-side comparison between the new edition and it's predecessor.

Primevs.Prime’s Review:

What do you think of this new Megatron? Are the alterations enough to justify a second purchase of the same mold, or are you skipping out on both versions entirely? Share your thoughts in the Energon Pub below, and stay tuned for further Transformers News and Reviews here on Seibertron!
Re: New Images and Preorders Open for Studio Series Leaders Megatron and Jetfire (2002417)
Posted by Acolyte on January 4th, 2019 @ 1:07am CST
Sigh... this smacks of what they did to Bumblebee last year:

1. Camaro Bumblebee
2. VW Beetle Bumblebee
3. Retro Rock Garage Vol. 1
4. Retro Rock Garage Vol. 2
5. Charlie's Garage (extra parts and a Charlie)
6. Clunker Bumblebee

Six, SIX repaints... and 2 molds. Two greatly flawed molds, I might add. Megatron is no different. A greatly flawed mold (if still a definitive look for the figure) that we really don't need a repaint of. This should have been the original color scheme, with the face intact given that this damaged condition lasts for all of maybe 20 seconds of screen time out of the entire cinematic universe (somewhere somebody said, "We're not going to call the DotM Megatron our 'battle damage' Megatron?"). I mean WWII bee was more established!

He's an ugly dude, I'll give him that. Absolutely nothing is attracting me to double dip on this mold though. What a mess. Should've thrown in another "minicon" for good measure, like the "Kill zee little one!" dude or something.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #215 - New Year, New Toys
"New Year, New Toys"
Posted: Sunday, January 13th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Henkei C-19 Legends Class Minibot Cosmos" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Classics Henkei DIRGE Seeker Jet Takara Deluxe Class size Nice!" on EBAY
Buy "2018 Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Deluxe Figure MOC - #22 DROPKICK" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 1988 Grand Slam and Raindance Slamdance cassettes MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Studio Series 22 Movie Bumblebee Deluxe Copter DROPKICK NEW" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO X 3ATOYS Movie Bumblebee Transformers Blitzwing Action Figure HP" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Creator Primus 2010 MISB" on EBAY