Monday, April 11th, 2016 9:03am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 49,105

Also, Takara Tomy Mall has revealed colour images for Legends Scourge and Shockwave.

Check out the images below!

Transformers News: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr, Scourge and Shockwave

Credit(s): takara tomy mall

This article was last modified on Monday, April 11th, 2016 9:35am CDT

Re: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr, Scourge and Shockwave (1780084)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 11th, 2016 @ 9:17am CDT
yay for sledriding headmasters with guns!!! :MAXIMAL:
Re: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr, Scourge and Shockwave (1780091)
Posted by Gunmetal on April 11th, 2016 @ 9:28am CDT
That's hilarious! I was planning on getting Brainstorm instead, so I hope he can do that too.
Re: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr, Scourge and Shockwave (1780093)
Posted by Cyberpath on April 11th, 2016 @ 9:33am CDT
Re: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr, Scourge and Shockwave (1780098)
Posted by Kurona on April 11th, 2016 @ 9:40am CDT
Blurr's extra feature is hilarious and beautiful and I love it and I just want him more now.

Scourge... eh, I can go either way; Takara's and Hasbro's seem equally fine in my eyes. Just depends on whether you prefer dark blue or light blue... or if you're really uptight about him having white upper legs. Personally I was only wanting these guys as Sweeps anyway (using the original Generations Scourge as the actual Scourge), so again, I go either way on this. Both look pretty great.
Re: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr, Scourge and Shockwave (1780101)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on April 11th, 2016 @ 9:46am CDT
Re: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr, Scourge and Shockwave (1780103)
Posted by william-james88 on April 11th, 2016 @ 9:48am CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:Takara WTF?? Why didn't you make Shockwave's scope purple and see thru? #-o Yes I will still buy it Takara but there is no excuse! :-P :VEHI:

I just have a togh time with how they keep making him lavender.
Re: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr, Scourge and Shockwave (1780104)
Posted by mblase75 on April 11th, 2016 @ 9:52am CDT
TR Scourge already has a similar feature, does he not? I figured they would implement something similar for all the G1 Targetmaster characters as a nod.
Re: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr, Scourge and Shockwave (1780109)
Posted by Cyberpath on April 11th, 2016 @ 10:14am CDT
Re: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr, Scourge and Shockwave (1780112)
Posted by Kurona on April 11th, 2016 @ 10:19am CDT
Gotta say, I much prefer the darker purple and overall colour placement on Hasbro's Shockwave. I get what Takara's going for, but... eh, it just doesn't work for this mold imo.
Re: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr, Scourge and Shockwave (1780114)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 11th, 2016 @ 10:25am CDT
Well, I guess I'm building a small force of Sweeps again. Takara's Scourge looks fantastic!

I'm really tempted to track down some Botcon Sweeps and buy two more Titaniums to have a whole Sweep display.
Re: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr, Scourge and Shockwave (1780116)
Posted by Microraptor on April 11th, 2016 @ 10:27am CDT
Re: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr, Scourge and Shockwave (1780130)
Posted by Kurona on April 11th, 2016 @ 10:53am CDT
Microraptor wrote:So hasbro goes toon-accurate and takara goes toy, everyone's like "I can go either way". The reverse happens and everyone's like "WTF Hasblo Blargh".

Are you referring to Scourge? Because Hasbro's still going for toy accuracy and takara's still going for cartoon accuracy there, right down to the colour on the sides of the legs and wings, placement of the Decepticon symbol and other little painted details.
Re: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr, Scourge and Shockwave (1780132)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 11th, 2016 @ 11:03am CDT

Scourge looks better in the Takara version too. It's just that extra mass on the head that puts me off it. The alt-mode is certainly the best Scourge has ever had.

Shockwave doesn't look particularly great in either version. Just a very mediocre-at-best design. Prefer the Hasbro colours cos I like a dark menacing Shockwave.
Re: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr, Scourge and Shockwave (1780148)
Posted by Randomhero on April 11th, 2016 @ 12:02pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Dang. So that dark blue rectangle, the only area where I like the Hasbro Blurr more than the Takara (cos Hasbro has it same colour as the shield so it doesn't sick out so much) is for a lil landing gear-like strut thingy for a lame sled? Oh well, I still love the general look of Takara Blurr.

I'm in the same boat with Scoruge. The headmaster gimmick just looks so weird on him. The white does make it look better. I guess it just simply popping off Fracas's arms to make it look better or maybe swapping heads from the generations figure. Regardless the head is coming off to transform.

The silver lining is it would be cool to have man piloted sweeps.
Re: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr, Scourge and Shockwave (1780151)
Posted by Microraptor on April 11th, 2016 @ 12:09pm CDT
Kurona wrote:

Well to be fair, a lot of the shades on the takara one match up with the toy rather than the cartoon model. I mean, the overall paint scheme is more accurate then hasbro's in theory, but the shading is much more toy-based.
Re: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr, Scourge and Shockwave (1780161)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 11th, 2016 @ 12:27pm CDT
ok I pre-ordered Scourge and Blurr from amiami. Bit early maybe but it's in case I forget.

They are listed at 2,390 which works out about £15 each. Then put on the shipping (went with EMS and combined shipping for both) and... eh I dunno. It'll be ok. They say it's late August release. Which is a little too close to September's MattyCollector ThunderCats figure release schedule that I've subscribed too but it won't be all at once so it's cool
Re: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr, Scourge and Shockwave (1780182)
Posted by Hardnose Prime on April 11th, 2016 @ 1:49pm CDT
Still loving how Blurr looks. Scourge looks much better with Takara's paint job, but I'm happy with my Generations version. Again, these aren't bad looking figures, but I just wish Hasbro would stop being lazy with paint jobs. Still, they'll do whatever they can to get more money.
Re: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr, Scourge and Shockwave (1780213)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 11th, 2016 @ 2:53pm CDT
Re: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr, Scourge and Shockwave (1780221)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on April 11th, 2016 @ 3:08pm CDT
I broke down and Preordered Blurr. He's just so much better looking than the Hasbro version. I don't see how the Hasbro one is toy accurate. There's just way too much dark blue on him to be toy accurate. Oh well, not that there's anything wrong with the Hasbro version, I just like the Takara version better. Anything else I get from this line will be the Hasbro version.

Interesting note.. compared pricing on HLJ vs TFSource(that's where I found open preorders). TFSource is about $2.50 cheaper if you go with their cheapest shipping vs. EMS from HLJ. Wasn't expecting that.
Re: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr, Scourge and Shockwave (1780233)
Posted by Cyberpath on April 11th, 2016 @ 3:45pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:We finally saw some colour photos of Takara's Legends Blur(r) last week and with the Takaratomymall listing up now, we have some new images. One of these reveals a new functionality that has yet to be known. The front of the vehicle, which is used for a shield, can also be flipped over to become a smaller vehicle for the Titan Master to ride in.

That sled feature is kind of funny... when it's used Blurr is either a headless robot or a hoodless car, no?

Wolfman Jake wrote:I was already sold on Takara's Blurr, but this is just icing on the cake. As for Scourge, THAT is how you do him right. He looks fantastic! The Takara version gets it almost completely right, with two tones of blue in all the right spots, his "wings" darkened on the inside, all the paint details in the right places, AND by painting the Headmaster kibble behind his proper head white, it helps hide that extra bulk that is too obvious on the unpainted Hasbro version. The ONLY thing missing is some red claws on his finger tips. This shall be my definitive "Classics" Scourge, and I'll buy a trio of the Hasbro release for his Sweeps. I'm loving that Shockwave too. I just wish he could be deluxe or even voyager sized, though.

And dark "facial hair."

Another round goes to Takara. But skipping this mold altogether because of the headmaster gimmick. Will probably get the "real" Headmasters. Wonder if Takara will make new molds for the Horrorcons.

btw, they used the reddish insignia from Scourge's early model cel.

scourge.jpg

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers fall of Cybertron Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SDCC 2005 Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Series 3 DINGLEDEEDOO Toilet Plunger Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster with Buzzsaw, Frenzy and Rabat.." on EBAY
Buy "AFA 8.5 Transformers Generations Shockwave Fall of Cybertron made by Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee And Spike New In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations WfC/ FoC Deluxe 5 figure lot Megatron, Soundwave,..." on EBAY