Sunday, May 31st, 2020 4:03pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 32,517

Smokingray7775 has posted some images on their Twitter account of the Cyertron Villains 2 pack Transformers Earthrise set which includes seekers Thundercracker and Skywarp. They give us new comparisons with the Siege releases and the classics toys. These images further reinforce how off the Siege Skywarp colours. We can also see that Skywarp's purple is closer to grape than the more lilac shade we had on the Takara classics version.

These toys will be coming to the US as Target exclusives, though we do not have preorders yet.

Transformers News: Re: In Hand Images of Earthrise THundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt

This article was last modified on Sunday, May 31st, 2020 4:45pm CDT

Re: New Images Comparing Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp with Siege and Classics Versions (2065963)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 31st, 2020 @ 4:06pm CDT
That's Henkei! Henkei! Skywarp. Hasbro's Classics Skywarp had pink instead of purple.

Re: New Images Comparing Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp with Siege and Classics Versions (2065965)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 31st, 2020 @ 4:13pm CDT
The more I look at these, the more the ankle kibble on the ER figures bother me. I wonder if they're easily removable when in robot mode.
Re: New Images Comparing Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp with Siege and Classics Versions (2065966)
Posted by cruizerdave on May 31st, 2020 @ 4:18pm CDT
I hate to say it, but the classics have better paint jobs.
Re: New Images Comparing Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp with Siege and Classics Versions (2065967)
Posted by Skritz on May 31st, 2020 @ 4:20pm CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:You mean, even make a decent figure out of this guy:

This guy is basically a meme at this point about how gimmicks can ruin a figure.
Re: New Images Comparing Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp with Siege and Classics Versions (2065970)
Posted by YRQRM0 on May 31st, 2020 @ 4:30pm CDT
Re: New Images Comparing Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp with Siege and Classics Versions (2065972)
Posted by Bounti76 on May 31st, 2020 @ 4:31pm CDT
The gap at the top of the chest on the Earthrise versions kind ord bothers me, especially because the underside isn't painted, and it looks kind of messy.
Re: New Images Comparing Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp with Siege and Classics Versions (2065973)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 31st, 2020 @ 5:02pm CDT
YRQRM0 wrote:I still kinda feel like a better mold is inevitable. Plus the only reason I'd get this pack is for Skywarp, and I kinda hate the face. And that pale purple has me wishing they went with that instead.
I really hope the 3rd part of WFC won't include the seekers, because that would be just blatant trolling on Hasbro's part.
Re: New Images Comparing Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp with Siege and Classics Versions (2065975)
Posted by Skritz on May 31st, 2020 @ 5:18pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:

Part 3 will have slightly better Earth mode seekers and a slightly better G1 Optimus Prime. :lol:
Re: New Images Comparing Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp with Siege and Classics Versions (2065978)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 31st, 2020 @ 5:36pm CDT
Skritz wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

I will be a bit upset if that happens. They would be taking spots away from other characters that could have voyager figures. Like the Coneheads.
Re: New Images Comparing Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp with Siege and Classics Versions (2065979)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 31st, 2020 @ 5:38pm CDT
Skritz wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

and the next trilogy will have slightly better G1 figures than before only they will leave out a bunch of fan favorites
Re: New Images Comparing Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp with Siege and Classics Versions (2065983)
Posted by william-james88 on May 31st, 2020 @ 5:56pm CDT
Skritz wrote:

We are already getting the coneheads in earthrise
Re: New Images Comparing Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp with Siege and Classics Versions (2065985)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 31st, 2020 @ 6:00pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Skritz wrote:

We are already getting the coneheads in earthrise
Have they been announced? And I missed it?
Re: New Images Comparing Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp with Siege and Classics Versions (2065989)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 31st, 2020 @ 6:21pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Skritz wrote:

We are already getting the coneheads in earthrise
Have they been announced? And I missed it?
Not officially announced, no, but some leaks that have proven accurate so far have mentioned them, and their jet forms can be seen on Sky Lynx's box art.
Re: New Images Comparing Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp with Siege and Classics Versions (2065990)
Posted by william-james88 on May 31st, 2020 @ 6:22pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Skritz wrote:

We are already getting the coneheads in earthrise
Have they been announced? And I missed it?

There are lots of listings out there, look up Earthrise Thrust listing Seibertron on google.
Re: New Images Comparing Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp with Siege and Classics Versions (2065992)
Posted by william-james88 on May 31st, 2020 @ 6:36pm CDT
Skritz wrote:Hm. The difference is indeed minor. Don't get me wrong they are completely different molds but the overall shape and proportions are nearly identical. While I'm skipping on the season 1 Seekers in their ER incarnation, I'm still down for some coneheads with that mold.

The Hasbro team had stated that the Siege seekers were based on the G1 cartoon official character models for robot mode proportions, so it makes sense that they would look the same regardless of alt modes.

Also I dont get how the Siege toys look better, I really dislike the wing underside in robot mode.

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I saw that big ole showcase at my walmart, and finally saw Earthrise voyagers and deluxes for the first time!... but they only had Ironworks and Grapple, so I finally got Ironworks. Now to eventually find Wheeljack and I'll be done with wave 1

I found this wheeljack at walmart today, let me kbow if tou want it

:lol:
Re: New Images Comparing Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp with Siege and Classics Versions (2065994)
Posted by Heres a Hint on May 31st, 2020 @ 6:43pm CDT
Really excited for snapdragon I just got the seige apeface yay for horrorcons reunion and it feels so good lol. Not too sure about the alicon. It’s. Looks like the movie version but with the arms looks kinda lazy
Re: New Images Comparing Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp with Siege and Classics Versions (2065997)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on May 31st, 2020 @ 6:55pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Skritz wrote:

We are already getting the coneheads in earthrise
Have they been announced? And I missed it?

Is this for real??? :VEHI:
Re: New Images Comparing Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp with Siege and Classics Versions (2066000)
Posted by Skritz on May 31st, 2020 @ 7:08pm CDT
I don't think we have any 100% proof of any conehead...right? I could be completely wrong.
Re: New Images Comparing Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp with Siege and Classics Versions (2066001)
Posted by Flashwave on May 31st, 2020 @ 7:19pm CDT
Frankly, I still feel like Fire Convoy should have been the Siege Retool of Ultra Magnus. So many of the parts come apart the same way and end up in very similar positions. Not that what we got wasnt a fun version of Cybertron Prime, but it didnt make as much sense to me aa Fire aconvoy would have. And I really want Fire Truck Optimus Prime.

Overload as a Weaponizer would be awesome, but given the "Leader" Primw would be more or less a Voyager with armor accessories, and the playlines value, I think he would have to be a Deluxe. Abd thatwould make him more compatible with other toys than if I was trying to make a Deluxe wear a pair of Voyager Legs as Guns.

Rodimus Knight wrote:I think it's cool that they found a way to create a base mode / launch platform for Skylynx, but I want to know, who is driving or walking up that steep of a ramp?

But Seriously, I'm really excited about this figure.

More important question: the Base Mode is for Planetfall... Where there is Gravity. But the Ahuttle is standing on end, so who is even getting INTO the thing that way?
Re: New Images Comparing Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp with Siege and Classics Versions (2066002)
Posted by Skritz on May 31st, 2020 @ 7:37pm CDT
You know, maybe a new Fire Convoy would actually share engineering or design cues from Siege Magnus, at least for how the armor attach. The front cab is definitely way too different to really work as a simple retool. :-?

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #260 - Pulsecon 2020
"Pulsecon 2020"
Posted: Sunday, September 27th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Lot - Movie Line RID Prime Cybertron Fall Megatron Optimus Steeljaw" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Robots In Disguise: Autobot JAZZ" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise MEGATRON  RID 2001 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Bisk Figure Hasbro 2015 One Step Changer RID HTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Vs GI Joe 9 10 Set IDW 2015 Scioli Metroplex Megatron Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Dragon & RID Megatron DINOBOT Parts Lot." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 35th Special Edition War for Cybertron: Siege Bluestreak Toy Figure" on EBAY
Buy "MEGATRON Transformers Generations Combiner Wars New in Box Sealed 2015 Hasbro" on EBAY