New Images of Animated Sons of Cybertron Rodimus and Optimus Prime

New Images of Animated Sons of Cybertron Rodimus and Optimus Prime

Tuesday, June 29th, 2010 2:17am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 38,320

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

With the rush of BotCon 2010 news this week, you might have forgot what Takara has to offer later this year. One of the sets for their 2010 Campaign is the Animated "Sons of Cybertron" set, that comes with two clear figures. They are Deluxe Optimus Prime and Rodimus Minor. Japanese e-Hobby cooks up clearer images of the set, which you can check out below!

Image
Image
Image
Image


Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): e-Hobby, Mach


This article was last modified on Tuesday, June 29th, 2010 2:25am CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: New Images of Animated Sons of Cybertron Rodimus and Optimus Prime (1091758)
Posted by TFBuyer on June 29th, 2010 @ 5:59am CDT
Not bad, but perfectly happy to wait for the Toys R Us version of Rodimus...
Re: New Images of Animated Sons of Cybertron Rodimus and Optimus Prime (1091870)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 29th, 2010 @ 12:16pm CDT
Crystalline. :lol:

TFBuyer wrote:Not bad, but perfectly happy to wait for the Toys R Us version of Rodimus...


Takara is releasing a non-clear version of Rodimus in August, supposedly. Just an FYI. I have mine preordered, and he shall remain as such unless there are glaring paint issues on the final model.
Re: New Images of Animated Sons of Cybertron Rodimus and Optimus Prime (1091936)
Posted by TFBuyer on June 29th, 2010 @ 2:09pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:Crystalline. :lol:

TFBuyer wrote:Not bad, but perfectly happy to wait for the Toys R Us version of Rodimus...


Takara is releasing a non-clear version of Rodimus in August, supposedly. Just an FYI. I have mine preordered, and he shall remain as such unless there are glaring paint issues on the final model.


Thanks for the FYI. The version shown at Botcon with Ironhide IS coming to U.S. Toys R Us stores, right? I'll probably hold out on pre-ordering the Takara in favor of a good old drive down the road. Unless they never show up. :-(
Re: New Images of Animated Sons of Cybertron Rodimus and Optimus Prime (1092095)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on June 29th, 2010 @ 8:23pm CDT
I'm really liking these.

Also, I can't tell if Prime's windows are clear or mirrored.
Re: New Images of Animated Sons of Cybertron Rodimus and Optimus Prime (1092197)
Posted by Stress on June 30th, 2010 @ 12:07am CDT
Nigiri wrote:I'm really liking these.

Also, I can't tell if Prime's windows are clear or mirrored.

there see threw, if you look closely when he's in truck mode you can see his head folded.
Re: New Images of Animated Sons of Cybertron Rodimus and Optimus Prime (1092369)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 30th, 2010 @ 12:13pm CDT
TFBuyer wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:Crystalline. :lol:

TFBuyer wrote:Not bad, but perfectly happy to wait for the Toys R Us version of Rodimus...


Takara is releasing a non-clear version of Rodimus in August, supposedly. Just an FYI. I have mine preordered, and he shall remain as such unless there are glaring paint issues on the final model.


Thanks for the FYI. The version shown at Botcon with Ironhide IS coming to U.S. Toys R Us stores, right? I'll probably hold out on pre-ordering the Takara in favor of a good old drive down the road. Unless they never show up. :-(


Yeah, they're supposed to be coming to TRU, but like Arcee, good luck finding a Rodimus Minor.
Re: New Images of Animated Sons of Cybertron Rodimus and Optimus Prime (1092379)
Posted by Overcracker on June 30th, 2010 @ 12:33pm CDT
I'm not really feeling the completely red Axe for Prime, I would have preferred a blue axe with some painted accents. I may just preorder the single Rodimus, which apparently will not be translucent from Takara. Cause finding Animated guys down here is nothing short of impossible.

Although to be honest, my Wal-Mart is putting a whole bunch of Lugnuts on clearance. I just don't like Lugnut.
Re: New Images of Animated Sons of Cybertron Rodimus and Optimus Prime (1092391)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 30th, 2010 @ 12:54pm CDT
I love translucent things! Thats what made me love the animated line in the first place! I hope Hasbro comes out with these too. But no. they wont. :evil:

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Audio MP3 Player Spark Blue Version Takara Music Label" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark of the Moon Backfire Left Rifle Spare Part Accessory 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Highbrow XORT Headmaster  Walmart exclusive wave 2 heroic autobot!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers monxo Headmaster Weirdwolf Wave 2 evil decepticon sealed new!!!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 DECEPTICON HEADMASTER SKULLCRUNCHER MISB! US SELLER RARE!" on EBAY
Buy "3 Vtg  Transformers Instruction Booklet Downshift,gridlock,inferno" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmasters Chromedome & Stylor" on EBAY