New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix!

Transformers News: New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix!

Friday, April 23rd, 2010 5:33AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 43,079

Thanks to an Amazon Japan update on their product page for Takara AA-01 Battle Blades Optimus Prime, we've got new images of the figure. The old Voyager Movie Prime mold can now be thrown out the window, as this figure looks to be the real deal. He comes with dual guns, dual melee weapons and a big surprise, the movie-verse Matrix! No word on whether it is removable, so for now feel free to scrutinise the figure in the images below!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): Amazon Japan, TFW member DrillBIT

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix! (1067189)
Posted by nemesis-prime on April 23rd, 2010 @ 5:44am CDT
cool but is this a Japan exclusive
Re: New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix! (1067193)
Posted by Blurrz on April 23rd, 2010 @ 5:55am CDT
nemesis-prime wrote:cool but is this a Japan exclusive

[color=teal]
Nope, we English speaking folk get it too;

[/color]
Re: New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix! (1067197)
Posted by craggy on April 23rd, 2010 @ 6:13am CDT
is that what that Bioncle head looking thing is meant to be? a Matrix? I thought it was a pic of Prime getting attacked by one of those Constructicons. Still, cool that they're making a version of Prime with all his gimmicks for movieverse fans.
Re: New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix! (1067199)
Posted by hinomars19 on April 23rd, 2010 @ 6:18am CDT
spank me, I want one!!
Re: New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix! (1067203)
Posted by dragons on April 23rd, 2010 @ 6:35am CDT
this made me want to pick him up very nice to bad matrix isnt colored silver or grey oh well ill take what i can get.

is this prototype some pieces look like they could be chromed or maybe its lighting
Re: New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix! (1067208)
Posted by Stockade on April 23rd, 2010 @ 6:45am CDT
Is it me or does this Prime look cheaply made? or maybe its the lighting in the photos or something to that effect, but i do like the Matrix gimmick, but after i picked up Go Green Starscream, ROTF line is dead too me now.
Re: New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix! (1067209)
Posted by HighPrime on April 23rd, 2010 @ 6:48am CDT
Looks good, except I hope this is a prototype. Otherwise, I'll pass until the next repaint ;)
Re: New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix! (1067240)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 23rd, 2010 @ 9:07am CDT
Does he come with Sam's sock to store the Matrix in?
Re: New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix! (1067246)
Posted by Flux Convoy on April 23rd, 2010 @ 9:24am CDT
I want to like it, I really do. Why's he look so... boring? Where is the deco?
:BOT:
Re: New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix! (1067247)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 23rd, 2010 @ 9:26am CDT
I wish the Matrix was painted. The grey looks really dull too. If this is the official and not the prototype, Ill just paint it myself! Or unless they release a movie accurate repaint the day they release this one. I just hope he combines with Leader Jetfire and his guns shoot projectiles!
Re: New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix! (1067267)
Posted by No One on April 23rd, 2010 @ 9:56am CDT
Thats a voyager class? THATS JUST PRIME !
Re: New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix! (1067268)
Posted by OmegaPrime98 on April 23rd, 2010 @ 9:58am CDT
:shock: =P~ EPIC FRAGGING WIN!!!! though I have one small problem.......his legs are to thin and they are spaced apart to far and his feet are to small!!! oh and his swords arent even hidden. There in plain sight!! :evil: hopefully this is a prototype otherwise I'll get the other voyager prime.
Re: New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix! (1067270)
Posted by AutobotTrainer on April 23rd, 2010 @ 10:09am CDT
Holy back kibble. I don't see much stability in 'bot form. Bummer.
Re: New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix! (1067276)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on April 23rd, 2010 @ 10:22am CDT
Looking better, everyday.
Re: New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix! (1067280)
Posted by craggy on April 23rd, 2010 @ 10:33am CDT
OmegaPrime98 wrote::shock: =P~ EPIC FRAGGING WIN!!!! though I have one small problem.......
    his legs are to thin
    and they are spaced apart to far
    and his feet are to small!!!
    oh and his swords arent even hidden. There in plain sight!! :evil: [/list:u] hopefully this is a prototype otherwise I'll get the other voyager prime.

it was the housing scheme on his back I was more worried about, but I'm glad you've only got one problem. ;)
Re: New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix! (1067284)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 23rd, 2010 @ 10:36am CDT
Well, now that's kinda cool...too bad he looks so plain though. Needs about 75% more paint apps.

I dunno what to do about this. It's cool, but I'm tired of buying different versions of the same character over and over.
Re: New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix! (1067293)
Posted by Kryptikore on April 23rd, 2010 @ 10:59am CDT
I realy truely appreciate their attempt at this! I want to buy it, but... The back kibble and overall aesthetics. It's a bit top heavy! If a premium version came out I would buy it without question!
Re: New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix! (1067302)
Posted by brawl569 on April 23rd, 2010 @ 11:13am CDT
hmmmm i think il get him

and as for my leader prime well he can keep combined with jetfire ;D
Re: New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix! (1067327)
Posted by tobuttica on April 23rd, 2010 @ 12:11pm CDT
I'd like to see someone paint him orangish so he can be a movieverse Huffer. I think he looks cool. Looks a lot more like Leader prime than that goofy other mold that is good as Magnus, or Nemesis, but not as Prime. I will get this if he's on sale, or clearance. Right now I'm content with my badass Leader.
Re: New Images of Battle Blades Optimus Prime - Has a Matrix! (1067352)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 23rd, 2010 @ 1:00pm CDT
Why are people complaining so much about the back kibble? Aside from the trailer hitch, it's pretty close to the Leader version...which I thought was very screen accurate, was it not? :-?

I'm more bothered by the ugly gold plastic bits on the legs...
Transformers products from AMAZON