New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes!

New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes!

Friday, April 18th, 2008 12:50pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 19,700

New images of Transformers Animated Blitzwing have been posted on ACToys.net. The pictures seem to show Blitzwing properly transformed. Plus there are pictures available of his tank mode! Blitzwing always appears to be Voyager-sized when compared to the figures in the background of these photos but as we've seen with Lockdown it's entirely possible that he could be a deluxe figure as well. You can view the new pictures by clicking
here.

Credit(s): Omega Charge

This article was last modified on Friday, April 18th, 2008 12:56pm CDT

Re: New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes! (683347)
Posted by Overcracker on April 18th, 2008 @ 12:53pm CDT
The plane looks better, the Tank is not bad, but its hard to tell which way is the front, if only by the treads.
As for size, well seeing Lugnut, and bulkhead there kinda gives a feel that he is in fact Voyager.

Seeing as this line's voyagers have been a bit on the short side.

Now I'd love a side pick to confirm the correctness of the Jet mode transformation, but I still think having the treads just be there blatantly under he plane can't be right.

Still It look pretty good.

Definite must buy for me.
Re: New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes! (683349)
Posted by Nekoman on April 18th, 2008 @ 12:53pm CDT
I like it. But I think it’s a deluxe. First, the two toys it is shown next to are pathetically small for their size class, Blitzwing is even smaller. Now if he is a voyager, there’ll be a lot of space in that box.

I’m betting he’s a big deluxe like Lockdown.
Re: New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes! (683350)
Posted by Omega Charge on April 18th, 2008 @ 12:54pm CDT
Glitcher wrote:
Omega Charge wrote:He looks very good TRANSFORMED CORRECTLY. he definitely looks to be Voyager-sized, comparing him to the figures in the background.

I agree with you on the size class, but I'm not sure about the "transformed correctly". You're implying that the eBay auction is mistransformed, but you can't really tell judging by these photos. I need to see a shot of the jet from the side before I decide whether or not the auctioned Blitzwing is mistransformed. I doubt it is.

is flat.

see the difference?
Re: New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes! (683354)
Posted by Glitcher on April 18th, 2008 @ 12:58pm CDT
Omega Charge wrote:Actually it's pretty obvious. The ebay one has a crooked humped top, while this one is flat.

Yes, you're correct about that. But I think the main conern is that huge tank kibble underneath the jet. I still believe that's how it's supposed to look in the auction, although it's not as obvious in these photos because of the camera angle.
Re: New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes! (683360)
Posted by StryderPrime on April 18th, 2008 @ 1:01pm CDT
His tank mode remind me of a deform off white cobra Hiss tank

I cant judge 2 much on his jet mode jus yet
Re: New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes! (683362)
Posted by Omega Charge on April 18th, 2008 @ 1:04pm CDT
Glitcher wrote:

I think there's going to be treads on the bottom no matter what. That's how it was portrayed in the concept art. As for this possibly being a deluxe, I doubt it. Lockdown has a large robot mode due to is transformation, but a rather normal sized car. Even if the tank and jet modes are short, and maybe pretty small for a Voyager box, I don't think it could fit well in a Deluxe box. I'm betting it's a Voyager.
Re: New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes! (683365)
Posted by ponycorn on April 18th, 2008 @ 1:11pm CDT
Total WANT! :o

Now THAT'S how I imagined his altmodes would look!
Re: New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes! (683372)
Posted by Firebird on April 18th, 2008 @ 1:16pm CDT
Look at the treads they look different
compare.JPG

The one in tank mode covers up more of his arm, and the top of the tread looks closer to the wing right?
Re: New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes! (683373)
Posted by First-Aid on April 18th, 2008 @ 1:20pm CDT
Very not bad...I'm liking the tank mode best...anything with two honking guns is just win in my eyes...
Re: New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes! (683389)
Posted by Hard Hacker on April 18th, 2008 @ 1:33pm CDT
They look better in this. I'll get his toy for certain.
Re: New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes! (683392)
Posted by Autobot Jazz on April 18th, 2008 @ 1:34pm CDT
Nice, if Blitzwing isn't voyager then he's definitly voyager-sized like Lockdown. Tank mode looks cool and Jet mode looks much better.
Re: New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes! (683394)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 18th, 2008 @ 1:35pm CDT
Looking good, but I still like the bot mode the best! :grin:

Re: New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes! (683410)
Posted by Overcracker on April 18th, 2008 @ 1:43pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:Looking good, but I still like the bot mode the best! :grin:

How about Animated Omega Supreme would that do?

Unlikely? Yes. But still possible.
Re: New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes! (683411)
Posted by Hard Hacker on April 18th, 2008 @ 1:45pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:Will there be any sirprises left for Botcon? We've seen all the exclusives, pretty much...we think anyway. We've seen Animated Blitzwing, and many finished Universe toys... How are they going to blow us away?

Did any of you hear about those Classics ACTION MASTERS?!
Re: New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes! (683418)
Posted by soundwave13c on April 18th, 2008 @ 1:54pm CDT
jet modes cool but tank mode looks like a purple and white blob :mrgreen:
Re: New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes! (683460)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on April 18th, 2008 @ 2:57pm CDT
Definitely not impressed with the tank mode... But at the same time, I'm glad it's not too similar to movie Brawl, or even Galvatron.
It's good it's different.
The jet mode is on point.
Overall, still a good figure, and one that I'll buy.
Re: New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes! (683489)
Posted by ponycorn on April 18th, 2008 @ 3:36pm CDT
Next on my list of Blitz pics... posability shots, especially concerning his guns. I want to see what if any projectiles come with him too.

Still hoping the face detail shots we've seen aren't final. If they are, I'll have to find a really thin painbrush and find out what type of paint the kitbashers use.
Re: New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes! (683495)
Posted by Talous on April 18th, 2008 @ 3:40pm CDT
Not too bad looking. Neither form is quite what I had expected but that makes it intresting.
Re: New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes! (683519)
Posted by Glitcher on April 18th, 2008 @ 4:12pm CDT
Firebird wrote:Look at the treads they look different

At first I thought you were just imagining it, but you may actually be right. Take a close look at the sections I've highlighted:

You can see by the position of those two grey parts that the arms are meant to tuck in underneath the fuselage and the treads brought further up. Perhaps the auctioned Blitzwing is even more mistransformed than I first thought. :-?
Re: New Images of Blitzwing's alt modes! (683521)
Posted by Bumblethumper on April 18th, 2008 @ 4:14pm CDT
As I suspected, the jet mode looks much better when the panels are correctly aligned. It makes the plane portion seem larger in relation to the treads(which just aren't going to disappear no matter what)

Incidently, I believe even the tank mode presented here may be slightly mis-transformed. If you look at the instructions, it appears that the wings are supposed to hinge down at the front of the tank.

Compare:

with

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Audio MP3 Player Spark Blue Version Takara Music Label" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark of the Moon Backfire Left Rifle Spare Part Accessory 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Highbrow XORT Headmaster  Walmart exclusive wave 2 heroic autobot!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers monxo Headmaster Weirdwolf Wave 2 evil decepticon sealed new!!!" on EBAY
Buy "3 Vtg  Transformers Instruction Booklet Downshift,gridlock,inferno" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmasters Chromedome & Stylor" on EBAY
Buy "TransFormers DOTM Human Alliance Autobot BACKFIRE & Spike Witwicky action figure" on EBAY