New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust

New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust

Wednesday, March 24th, 2010 3:06pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 47,254

Nothing in any Transformers collection to the present day can be controversial as Decepticon seeker Thrust. First released as an exclusive at Botcon 2007, Botcon Thrust rarely sees the light of day in the secondary market. A couple years ago, Thrust was released by Takara in their Henkei series, leaving everyday Transformers fans residing in the continent of North America without a prominent Generation One Character. Now Hasbro is set to finally release a retail Thrust in their new Generations toyline. Thanks to TFClub, we get to see more of the figure that we first saw in the 2010 Toy Fair. Check the figure out below!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): TFClub

This article was last modified on Wednesday, March 24th, 2010 3:16pm CDT

Re: New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust (1057734)
Posted by Seibertron on March 24th, 2010 @ 3:13pm CDT
Hasbro for the win on this one. I think it's great this figure is getting released finally. They should do Thundercracker and Dirge at this point to finish this up for regular collectors. We got the figures about 3 years in advance. Time to share the love. There will always be a market for the Botcon set, just look at reissue prices and how valuable original figures still are despite the countless reissues.
Re: New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust (1057735)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 24th, 2010 @ 3:14pm CDT
Oh wow this looks like the best version yet! :D
Re: New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust (1057736)
Posted by Mkall on March 24th, 2010 @ 3:15pm CDT
oh no, it's just different enough for me to want to buy it...
Re: New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust (1057743)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on March 24th, 2010 @ 3:30pm CDT
Made of win. I really like the rich burgundy color.
Re: New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust (1057744)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on March 24th, 2010 @ 3:32pm CDT
Seibertron wrote: They should do Thundercracker and Dirge at this point to finish this up for regular collectors.

Yeah, I see that going over well. "Hey, let's piss off the fans a lot more than we already have on this issue." That sounds like a real good idea...
Re: New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust (1057746)
Posted by DavidT on March 24th, 2010 @ 3:33pm CDT
I can't believe the Hasbro version looks so much better... this is very rare!

Re: New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust (1057749)
Posted by DavidT on March 24th, 2010 @ 3:39pm CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:

You know they will do it... they don't care if some fans get pissed off. Fans complain all the time about different figures about different things to them... the main concern for them is the money... they know they have already made tons of money on this mold, and will squeeze every dime they can out of it... I hope they do release Dirge and Thundercracker :)

Re: New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust (1057750)
Posted by Seibertron on March 24th, 2010 @ 3:39pm CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:

I'm over it. Considering the limited runs on BotCon sets, I'd rather see more people get new versions of these popular characters than not. But hey, to each their own. Do you own a complete set of 6 Classics/Henkei Seekers?
Re: New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust (1057751)
Posted by Seibertron on March 24th, 2010 @ 3:40pm CDT
DavidT wrote:
Darth Bombshell wrote:

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Same here. And I own the original set plus the Henkei set. I'll take new versions of all of these guys 'cause I love them that much.
Re: New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust (1057756)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on March 24th, 2010 @ 3:57pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Do you own a complete set of 6 Classics/Henkei Seekers?

I don't actually own any of them. So I guess that doesn't exactly make me the person best qualified to talk about this, is it?
Re: New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust (1057767)
Posted by JediJerseyJoe on March 24th, 2010 @ 4:30pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Darth Bombshell wrote:

1) correction - 7 seekers... :grin:

I wish they would make the full set of 10 (in my mind Sunstorm is different then the yellow rainmaker :roll: )

2) =; SCREW botcon exclusives. "ooo im sooo special cause I drop 2k on a hotel stay and air fair to go to the convention, then spend $120 on a set of figures just so I can horde them and charge $800 for them a few years later..."

I'm sorry, but something like a complete set of seakers should not be delegated to "convention exclusives" for 3 of the figures.

NOR should we have to pay $70 a pop for import henkei shipping costs...

$12 at walmart should be the price!!! :oops:
Re: New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust (1057768)
Posted by Giant Purple Griffin on March 24th, 2010 @ 4:31pm CDT
Beautiful! Bought on sight--now all I need is a little Chip Chase for him to bully! :lol:
Re: New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust (1057771)
Posted by Mkall on March 24th, 2010 @ 4:36pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Do you own a complete set of 6 Classics/Henkei Seekers?

6? I'm up to 14. This will make 15
Re: New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust (1057774)
Posted by Rated X on March 24th, 2010 @ 4:43pm CDT
THIS IS AWESOME !!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Botcon characters should be made up fictional characters. The general fan population deserves to see all their favorites for a normal price. I never understood how this issue could push such greed among fellow collectors. If I wanted rare stuff, I would collect coins, stamps etc. Transformers are supposed to be fun. it aint no fun if the homies cant have none....

Hopefully, we will see Dirge and Thundercracker soon or a Skywarp with a classics paint job. I wouldnt get mad if Botcon released the Rainmakers cause they were 1 episode characters. But all main characters should get a regular release and we should never have this greed again. 8)
Re: New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust (1057775)
Posted by GuyIncognito on March 24th, 2010 @ 4:46pm CDT
Looks like they improved the paint job!

I don't see why this release would piss off anyone that already got it.
Re: New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust (1057777)
Posted by Dread_Wing on March 24th, 2010 @ 4:47pm CDT
Argh, this pisses me off. I bought the Takara version, and the things that bother me about the Takara version (The red fists, forearms and feet, the stupid lightning bolts) this version fixes, while introducing new things that bother me (the red crotchplate and yellow cockpit). #-o

I feel tempted to try to Frankenstein the two together, but I don't think I could do that to such an expensive figure as Gentei Thrust. :BANG_HEAD:

And with that bright yellow cockpit, Thrust will not match Classics Ramjet either. I will probably pick it up, try to modify it somehow. :-?
Re: New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust (1057778)
Posted by ang3l3s on March 24th, 2010 @ 4:49pm CDT
That is so coming home, so far the generations line is looking good, hope they have resealable packaging like the henkei classics.
Re: New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust (1057780)
Posted by DecepticonKing86 on March 24th, 2010 @ 4:49pm CDT
Is there an actual release date of when this figure is going to hit stores?
Re: New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust (1057788)
Posted by Blurrz on March 24th, 2010 @ 5:08pm CDT
DecepticonKing86 wrote:Is there an actual release date of when this figure is going to hit stores?

Tomorrow.

.....joking. :KREMZEEK:

Like 5-6 months from now. Summer time.
Re: New Images of Deluxe Generations Thrust (1057795)
Posted by HighPrime on March 24th, 2010 @ 5:31pm CDT
Looking good. Unless there's a lucky draw version, I own all 15 versions of this mold. Looking forward to owning #16.

Now, where's Sunstorm?

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron 3 Sharkticons Attack Hotrod Figures" on EBAY
Buy "USA Transformers  Fans toys FT-20 FT20 A&B Terminus Giganticus G1 Omega Supreme" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Starscream Legion Class Dark of the Moon Hasbro Cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MOVIE ROTF SOUNDWAVE SIDESWIPE LEGENDS CLASS BRAND NEW SEALED 2009" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Siege - War for Cybertron - Brunt - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Choro-Q QTF-06 Arcee New MISB (Takara TOMY Toyota Crown)" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY METROPLEX Transformers Encore Scramble City 12 New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS WAR FOR CYBERTRON: SIEGE DELUXE CLASS WFC-S10 SKYTREAD" on EBAY