Transformers News: New Images of FansProject Crossfire Explorer and Munitioner at BBTS + TFsource Update!

Thursday, April 8th, 2010 2:37PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 52,740

After the splendid product that was FansProject's WB-001 Warbot Defender, we've been holding our breath for their upcoming 'Crossfire' Bruticus Limb Upgrades. We finally get something that aren't prototype pictures, as valued site sponsors BigBadToyStore and TFsource hook us up with five in-color pictures of Crossfire XF-02A Explorer and Crossfire XF-02B Munitioner. They are modern day takes on Blast Off and Swindle, respectively. Check them out below.

Crossfire XF-02A Explorer

Crossfire XF-02B Munitioner

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): BigBadToyStore, TFsource, Counterpunch

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire Explorer and Munitioner at BBTS + TFsource Update! (1062692)
Posted by LiKwid on April 8th, 2010 @ 2:41pm CDT
goshjosh95 wrote:Pure win. I'm glad I picked up ROTF Bruticus on clearance & preordered these guys. Recommend you do the same before prices shoot up on Brute.

Too late.. The price is already shooting through the roof. Not to mention the availability is nonexsistent . Everywhere I look he's sold out. I don't feel too bad though, when I did find Bruticus in target I grabbed but a kid and his mom where also eye ballin it. He told his mom that he wanted to spend his allowance on the " transformers that combine with tanks and stuff"..I couldn't walk off with Brut in my hands after that..
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire Explorer and Munitioner at BBTS + TFsource Update! (1062693)
Posted by Grahf on April 8th, 2010 @ 2:42pm CDT
Wow, those are so sweet I'm almost at a loss of words. I'm so glad I preordered these as soon as they were listed.
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire Explorer and Munitioner at BBTS + TFsource Update! (1062695)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on April 8th, 2010 @ 2:42pm CDT
That's spectacular.
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire Explorer and Munitioner at BBTS + TFsource Update! (1062697)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on April 8th, 2010 @ 2:46pm CDT
Those look amazing! I can't wait for these. Almost want to buy 2 of each set...
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire Explorer and Munitioner at BBTS + TFsource Update! (1062698)
Posted by Forgotten on April 8th, 2010 @ 2:46pm CDT
LiKwid wrote:

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: Bravo, I always like to hear of people putting others before themselves.
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire Explorer and Munitioner at BBTS + TFsource Update! (1062699)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 8th, 2010 @ 2:50pm CDT
I remember picking up the whole set of Energon Bruticus combiners way before they put out the ROTF set. Now I always go back and forth on whether or not to pick up the ROTF version. I like the colors much better but paying so much for three molds I already own... :???:
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire Explorer and Munitioner at BBTS + TFsource Update! (1062700)
Posted by balgorra on April 8th, 2010 @ 2:53pm CDT
Hmm does this mean we should start to see our preorders ship soon?
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire Explorer and Munitioner at BBTS + TFsource Update! (1062703)
Posted by HighPrime on April 8th, 2010 @ 2:55pm CDT
craggy wrote:so good it almost seems like a shame that they'd have to combine with the Energon Combaticons

Exactly what I was thinking. :grin:
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire Explorer and Munitioner at BBTS + TFsource Update! (1062704)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on April 8th, 2010 @ 2:56pm CDT
Oh, wow...

One thing I'm curious about is how Vortex connects with Onslaught now. Looks like there's an add-on piece there. Curious...
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire Explorer and Munitioner at BBTS + TFsource Update! (1062705)
Posted by Mkall on April 8th, 2010 @ 2:59pm CDT
Oh...

wow...

I'm speechless...
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire Explorer and Munitioner at BBTS + TFsource Update! (1062708)
Posted by Requiem Prime on April 8th, 2010 @ 3:03pm CDT

Now, seeing as they're willing to create new figures these days, I wonder if they'd tackle Classics Devastator. No hate on Crazy Devy, but you need a G1 Devestator first. Have fun finding him. Catching up with Classics line is hard enough.
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire Explorer and Munitioner at BBTS + TFsource Update! (1062709)
Posted by DavidT on April 8th, 2010 @ 3:03pm CDT
PURE BAD-ASSERY!!!! =P~

Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire Explorer and Munitioner at BBTS + TFsource Update! (1062711)
Posted by Joetx on April 8th, 2010 @ 3:04pm CDT
I like the launch pad for "Blast Off."

But $100 for both upgrades? Yeesh.
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire Explorer and Munitioner at BBTS + TFsource Update! (1062712)
Posted by craggy on April 8th, 2010 @ 3:07pm CDT
Requiem Prime wrote:Yay! I actually like the Energon Bruticus Mold. Doing the legs Peaughs way, he comes out as one of the best of the "recent" combiners. These two (with their array of extra bits) will only make him better, so big win.

How about the Menasor from the latest issue of IDW TF comics?
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire Explorer and Munitioner at BBTS + TFsource Update! (1062714)
Posted by zodconvoy on April 8th, 2010 @ 3:11pm CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:Those look amazing! I can't wait for these. Almost want to buy 2 of each set...

That's exactly what I did. I ordered an extra Munitioneer for my Swindle shelf. Not like I could display Bruticus along side the Combaticons according to the G1 cartoon :lol: !
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire Explorer and Munitioner at BBTS + TFsource Update! (1062719)
Posted by DavidT on April 8th, 2010 @ 3:17pm CDT
zodconvoy wrote:

[color=#0000FF]
I always get a kick out of the animation errors from back in the days LOL!
[/color]

Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire Explorer and Munitioner at BBTS + TFsource Update! (1062720)
Posted by capellamusic on April 8th, 2010 @ 3:18pm CDT
These people from FansProject have real talent. I think Hasbro or TakaraTomy should try to hire them. I don't know if they would want to work on Hasbro or TakaraTomy, but they've definitely got the touch :) .
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire Explorer and Munitioner at BBTS + TFsource Update! (1062721)
Posted by yellow Camaro on April 8th, 2010 @ 3:19pm CDT
I'd like to combine them with UNIVERSE ULTRA ONSLAUGHT!!!
:-(
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire Explorer and Munitioner at BBTS + TFsource Update! (1062722)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 8th, 2010 @ 3:20pm CDT
Jeezus!! They look so amazing. The articulation!! The fact that Bla...Explorer is holding that sword with two hands is such the money shot. It's incredible that these guys transform and then also combine. I am absolutely in awe!! :shock:

The first set will be used for Bruticus. When the eventual repaints come out, I'll have those guys, with the two left over limbs from my ROTF Bruticus set as a separate team and display them in their individual bot modes.

Want to touch sooo bad now....
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire Explorer and Munitioner at BBTS + TFsource Update! (1062725)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on April 8th, 2010 @ 3:26pm CDT
Wait, now that they're releasing color pics... Defender showed up quite soon after his pics came out. Could these guys be shipping soon, too?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers RID Classics Optimus Prime  Voyager Class 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 1 day 7 hours 52 minutes 55 seconds
CD - TRANSFORMERS - REVENGE OF THE FALLEN - STEVE JABLONSKY - SEALED - SCORE - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 53 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers RID Classics Bumblebee w/ Bump Scout Upgrade Kit DLX Class - Time Remaining: 1 day 9 hours 54 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers RID Classics Ramjet DLX Class 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 hours 55 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers RID Classics Starscream DLX Class 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 56 minutes 22 seconds
OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Comic Con 2011 Exclusive First Edition Figure Set NEW - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 57 minutes 2 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS WHEELIE & SPRINGER DELUXE MISB NEW - Time Remaining: 18 days 2 hours 58 minutes 41 seconds
SDCC 2017 Hasbro Exclusive Transformers Optimus Prime Last Knight Voyager HOT - Time Remaining: 6 days 7 hours 59 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017