New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner

New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner

Thursday, April 15th, 2010 11:38pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 42,499

Valued site sponsor TFsource has updated their facebook with a little mini-gallery for FansProject 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner! Before, we were teased with images of their robot modes and now we get more photos of their robot modes and a nice comprehensive look at both of their alternate modes. Despite being combiner parts for the towering Bruticus, they seem to display well as standalone figures! You can check out most of the gallery below, while the rest can be seen here.

Crossfire XF-02A Explorer

Crossfire XF-02B Munitioner

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): TFsource

Re: New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner (1065046)
Posted by UltraPrimal on April 16th, 2010 @ 12:00am CDT
Don't really care for "Blast-Off's" colors in alt mode. Mainly the lack of windshield/cockpit area. Other than that, amazing can't wait!
Re: New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner (1065048)
Posted by Blurrz on April 16th, 2010 @ 12:03am CDT
Re: New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner (1065050)
Posted by Anonymous on April 16th, 2010 @ 12:07am CDT
Re: New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner (1065052)
Posted by Blurrz on April 16th, 2010 @ 12:10am CDT
Rodimus723 wrote:When are they going to include the Figures colored and Combined? I especially want to see the upgrades for Onslaught.

They won't throw all of the images into one basket... give it another week or two before they show us 'everything'. They're just teasing us to gain interest.
Re: New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner (1065055)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 16th, 2010 @ 12:16am CDT
I guess Explorer was dipped in chocolate before being sent into space?

Wow, it's just really ... half brown. I thought that mighta been image quality before, but no. No he's really just half brown. And half black on the other end. You'd think they could add some paint apps to both ends to carry the colors through. I mean, at least a little bit. And no cockpit?

Uh ... little help, Reprolabels?

Not enough for me to cancel, but ... geez. I am underwealmed by that vehicle mode. Seriously. This is a $40+ figure.

Swindle, on the other hand, looks fantastic!
Re: New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner (1065063)
Posted by Thinktank on April 16th, 2010 @ 1:02am CDT
Blurrz wrote:Ah UltraPrimal, just noticed that he has no cockpit, oh well. The rest of him is pretty badass, I'm not much of a 3rd party guy, but I'm really liking Explorer here. Might just get him as a solo figure.

Ahem:
It actually is the design of a real vehicle.
Crazy huh?
Re: New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner (1065064)
Posted by Blurrz on April 16th, 2010 @ 1:02am CDT
Hot damn. Thanks dude on the m************ boat!

Re: New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner (1065065)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 16th, 2010 @ 1:10am CDT
=P~
I don't really mind the lac f paint-aps on these since they are scout sized and those rarely have a lot anyway.
Re: New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner (1065068)
Posted by Flux Convoy on April 16th, 2010 @ 1:25am CDT
I'm... still very excited about these? I have nothing new to say about em.
:BOT:
Re: New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner (1065089)
Posted by Oilspill on April 16th, 2010 @ 3:05am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:=P~

Do we know what repaints are planned? G2 colours maybe?

Re: New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner (1065099)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on April 16th, 2010 @ 4:06am CDT
anyone else getting a revoltech feel from swindle ? :D
Re: New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner (1065135)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 16th, 2010 @ 7:31am CDT
I really do love these figures.

I already blew my TF budget for this month, but these guys are tempting.
Re: New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner (1065171)
Posted by DevastaTTor on April 16th, 2010 @ 9:14am CDT
IMO, despite the figure's size, Fansproject's Swindle "Munitioner" might be the best all around Transformers I've seen in years. Both modes are exceptional and are perfect modern updates of the original figure. BRAVO!

Explorer/Blastoff ain't bad either. I understand their reasoning for the color choices and can live with them. The bot mode still rocks too.
Re: New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner (1065175)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 16th, 2010 @ 9:24am CDT
Oilspill wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:=P~

Do we know what repaints are planned? G2 colours maybe?

Almost 100%.
So far all of Fansprojects releases have been repainted/remolded save for the CJ head as that was always intended to be limited to 300 pices, the Alt OP Matrix and blaster which you can still buy and Defender/Springer and that's just 1 month old.
Basically FP repaint every set the fans love to bits.

Should these sell out I'm sure FP will release at least another repaint or two G2 colours might be possible.

And there is another thing, the pics you're seeing here are just of the two figures, and not the accessories they come with, the forarms, hands, feet, half of Onslaught's alt-mode, blasters and cannons also come with these guys. So these aren't $40 figures, but $40 figures that come with enough accessories to build at least another bot from.
Re: New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner (1065179)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 16th, 2010 @ 9:28am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:I'm getting just one each and just go and get the repaints as standalone figures.

Yeup!
The first set will be combined and displayed as Bruticus.

Oilspill wrote:I'm tempted to just pick up a second set for display separate from Bruticus, and I never usually do that!

Ditto!
That's how good I think these figures are. I'm thinking about having the recolors and the "leftovers" from ROTF Bruticus as a back-up squad incase something happens to one of the main fellas.
Re: New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner (1065184)
Posted by zodconvoy on April 16th, 2010 @ 9:49am CDT
WHOOOOO! So just hurry up and ship them already!

I need my Swindle fix!

Oh, and a Bruticus that doesn't suck.
Re: New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner (1065187)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 16th, 2010 @ 9:59am CDT
Thinktank wrote:

Ahem:
It actually is the design of a real vehicle.
Crazy huh?

I still wish it had a cockpit. :P Also, why did it have to be half brown, and such an ugly shade? Why not...all very dark brown, like the G1? Weird. Anyway, still excited. Also I just realized his tailfin becomes his sword. That's awesome.
Re: New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner (1065193)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 16th, 2010 @ 10:14am CDT
Well, since it's based off a cockpit-less vehicle, then I'm fine with it.

Although the color scheme in vehicle mode sucks. They definately could have integrated the two color choices better than simply having one half be brown and the other grey.
Re: New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner (1065251)
Posted by autobot-jolt on April 16th, 2010 @ 2:44pm CDT
Holy crap...

The more I see of Explorer and Munitioner (or as I like to call them, Blst Off and Swindle ;) ), the more I want them. The only problem is the price... way out of my range. :sad: Other than that, these two look like they could kick some autobot skidplate. :D
Re: New Images of FansProject's 'Crossfire' Explorer and Munitioner (1065282)
Posted by Rated X on April 16th, 2010 @ 4:21pm CDT
Damn...wheres Blast off's windshield ???

I wish they would just give in and re-make the other 3 figures, but Im still buying if they are available at botcon in June.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Class Galvatron Action Figure 2005 - MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Club Exclusive Rare - RUNAMUCK" on EBAY