New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender!

New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender!

Monday, March 22nd, 2010 2:46pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 41,923

Seibertron.com sponsors BigBadToystore.com and TFSource have received samples of FansProject's soon to be released Warbot, aka Springer. Our sponsors have thus updated their pre-order pages with new images of this highly anticipated figure. We have what seems to be the final product and a nice glimpse at Defender's packaging. Check it out below!

Check out BigBadToyStore's Defender page here, TFSource's facebook page here and FansProject's website here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): BigBadToyStore and TFSource

This article was last modified on Monday, March 22nd, 2010 4:39pm CDT

Re: New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender! (1056864)
Posted by Blurrz on March 22nd, 2010 @ 2:54pm CDT

Amazing.
Re: New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender! (1056865)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 22nd, 2010 @ 2:54pm CDT
Love what I'm seeing so far. HasTak take note: this is how a modern Springer should look like.
Re: New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender! (1056869)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on March 22nd, 2010 @ 3:10pm CDT
I can't wait to get this figure. He'll look great with my classics.
Re: New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender! (1056870)
Posted by Dread_Wing on March 22nd, 2010 @ 3:10pm CDT

I see a big blank space waiting for a Reprolabels :BOT:!
Re: New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender! (1056876)
Posted by Starscream on March 22nd, 2010 @ 3:19pm CDT
Yay, I will have this in my hands by Wednesday
Re: New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender! (1056877)
Posted by alldarker on March 22nd, 2010 @ 3:21pm CDT
Simply awesome in all modes! I really like the futuristic looks the alts have, and the botmode looks perfect. I can't believe this has metal parts too! I always wanted G1 Springer most of all the triplechangers, but this one beats the crap out of that one. And yes, it does seem to have room for Reprolabels.
Re: New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender! (1056881)
Posted by Starscream6 on March 22nd, 2010 @ 3:29pm CDT
this completely made my day!!!!

i cant wait :KREMZEEK:
Re: New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender! (1056882)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on March 22nd, 2010 @ 3:32pm CDT
I'm less impressed with the deco that I should be. It's pretty plain. On the bright side, it looks like he can dual wield pistols.

I may actually do some Repro labels for him if they make a set.
Re: New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender! (1056884)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 22nd, 2010 @ 3:45pm CDT
Hmm. Surprisingly I'm also less impressed than I thought I'd be. I think it has to do with the colors looking just a bit washed-out. Perhaps it's due to the photography. Not to mention the pose they put him in isn't very exciting. I'm still pretty stoked, hopefully he turns out for the best.

I'm liking the helicopter mode the most so far. Bot mode is alright, could be sweet with some better action posing.
Re: New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender! (1056886)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on March 22nd, 2010 @ 3:47pm CDT
God DAMN but that is a sexy beast! :x
Re: New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender! (1056895)
Posted by Name_Violation on March 22nd, 2010 @ 4:06pm CDT
Dread_Wing wrote:Not quite as nice as I had imagined it would be, still it is exponentially better than any version of Springer Hasbro has some up with. Fansproject continues to fill the (rather large) gap in the collector's market.

I see a big blank space waiting for a Reprolabels :BOT:!

Couldn't have summed it up better myself.
Re: New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender! (1056900)
Posted by DevastaTTor on March 22nd, 2010 @ 4:13pm CDT
Wow, that paint is disappointing. It seems so pale. The head also seems to lack any real contrast.
Re: New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender! (1056904)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 22nd, 2010 @ 4:17pm CDT
Real colors will always be slightly dissappointing compared to one's own imagination. Especially after such a long wait.
Re: New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender! (1056914)
Posted by Jenus on March 22nd, 2010 @ 4:38pm CDT
Damn, and here I was really looking forward to this guy but he seems to be lacking his main color "Green" they should have used a mixture of a light and dark green instead of gray or even they could have changed the light gray into a darker gray just like Hasbro did with the variant of Scattorshot. I wonder why Fansproject didn't show these pics off back in January to show us and get some feedback from the fans. All I can say is I hope it looks good in person if not it will probably be sold to a fellow collector.
Re: New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender! (1056915)
Posted by Blurrz on March 22nd, 2010 @ 4:38pm CDT
Packaging images over at TFSource;

Re: New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender! (1056919)
Posted by Dread_Wing on March 22nd, 2010 @ 4:44pm CDT
The TFsource facebook images show that the colours are nowhere near as washed out. Looks pretty damn cool.

Re: New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender! (1056931)
Posted by Shadow Run on March 22nd, 2010 @ 5:02pm CDT
What the SCRAP?!?!? Where was this kind of engineering when they first came out? And is it just me, or are third party companies doing a better job than the actual manufacturers? Time to step up your games here people.
Re: New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender! (1056933)
Posted by City Commander on March 22nd, 2010 @ 5:08pm CDT
Looks absolutely fantastic. Will be ordering mine as soon as the cash flow comes in!
Re: New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender! (1056949)
Posted by LiKwid on March 22nd, 2010 @ 5:28pm CDT
Great......Just great :-x Trying to save money for Botcon and they have to go ahead and drop images for this guy.... #-o Dammit!!!!!!!

Way better than i had imagined..I'm glad they went for a kind of toned down green..Looks great...may have to sneak this one in under the Gf's radar :-$
Re: New Images of FansProject's Warbot Defender! (1056957)
Posted by Vicalliose on March 22nd, 2010 @ 5:38pm CDT
Meh, the yellow is a little too lemony fresh for me. Kinda pokes the eye. I was hoping for a sort of dulled blaze orange.

Perhaps this has something to do with the die-cast construction? :-?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Starscream & Waspinator" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME BLIGHT Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Smokescreen Action Figure (" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager 6 inch Action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Grimwing Predacon Beast hunters Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Voyager Decepticon Blitzwing complete w/extras" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager Figure IN HAND!! MIB" on EBAY