New Images of FP G3 Trailer and D.I.A. Commander sets

New Images of FP G3 Trailer and D.I.A. Commander sets

Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009 8:46am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 14,150

Seibertron.com member Electron has posted a link on the Toy Forum featuring new images of the FansProject G3 Trailer along with some images of the Asian Powered Commander armor set. The pictures of the G3 trailer, posted on Asian fan site HK-tf.com, show the finished exterior/interior of the trailer including the painted under carriage, deck, and grappling arms. The mirrored "stealth" gimmick is also much clearer in these pictures.

The images of the Armor show the slight alterations to the TFCon version highlighted by some chromed bits, apparently to better tie it to the Henkei Convoy figure.

To view all the images on the original post, click HERE

Credit(s): Electron, Hk-tf.com

This article was last modified on Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009 8:58am CDT

Re: New Images of FP G3 Trailer and D.I.A. Commander sets (931231)
Posted by typh0id on June 3rd, 2009 @ 8:56am CDT
Damnit FansProject! Quit making me want this!! #-o
Re: New Images of FP G3 Trailer and D.I.A. Commander sets (931243)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on June 3rd, 2009 @ 9:20am CDT
im so glad i saved my money and decided to get this over the other trailer.
Re: New Images of FP G3 Trailer and D.I.A. Commander sets (931265)
Posted by dragons on June 3rd, 2009 @ 9:54am CDT
Re: New Images of FP G3 Trailer and D.I.A. Commander sets (931266)
Posted by Serpent O - R on June 3rd, 2009 @ 9:55am CDT
Those mirrors are WAY slick.

That is one pimp little trailer. Go Fansproject, keep it up!
Re: New Images of FP G3 Trailer and D.I.A. Commander sets (931271)
Posted by DevastaTTor on June 3rd, 2009 @ 10:02am CDT
The G3 trailer just keeps looking better and better. However, I'll never like that solution for the weapons. Those pegs and model kit spines make them seem like an afterthought. A clearly defined weapons rack(s) or clip solution on the sides would have been better IMO. Still, VERY nice-will look great on display.

Wish I would have ordered that DIA armor set too.
Re: New Images of FP G3 Trailer and D.I.A. Commander sets (931296)
Posted by Hard Hacker on June 3rd, 2009 @ 10:48am CDT

Nah. Fansproject's other trailer is probably more worth it.
Re: New Images of FP G3 Trailer and D.I.A. Commander sets (931362)
Posted by rpetras on June 3rd, 2009 @ 1:14pm CDT
Freakin SWEET!!!

SOOOOOOOO glad I skipped the other one.
Re: New Images of FP G3 Trailer and D.I.A. Commander sets (931365)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 3rd, 2009 @ 1:16pm CDT
Hard Hacker wrote:So if I were to splash out on this, they will expect me to buy an uninspired box on wheels and knock-offish chromed weapons for a ridiculous price.

Nah. Fansproject's other trailer is probably more worth it.

The other Prime trailer isn't made by Fansproject, it's BTS Toy. Unless you mean the City Commander trailer.

It looks like a box on wheels because it's supposed to be a direct update of the original Prime trailer. This one looks a lot better in color than as a grey prototype. The mirrors are a really cool and unique gimmick, and I like this Roller more, but I stand by my decision to purchase the BTS trailer. I still think the big box looks odd on the back of Classics/Henkei Prime.
Re: New Images of FP G3 Trailer and D.I.A. Commander sets (931370)
Posted by Longbridge on June 3rd, 2009 @ 1:27pm CDT
Goodness me! I do need to get one of them G3 trailers.

Anyone know the cheapest way to get on in the UK? Surely Kapow can't be the cheapest?
Re: New Images of FP G3 Trailer and D.I.A. Commander sets (931374)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 3rd, 2009 @ 1:35pm CDT
dragons wrote:that llooks really nice glad i got mine preoderd think they plan on making one for magnus.?

They already did, it's called the City Commander armour:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... gnus/1585/
Re: New Images of FP G3 Trailer and D.I.A. Commander sets (931457)
Posted by glazer on June 3rd, 2009 @ 3:53pm CDT
super nice!! glad i perordered...... wonder what it would look like with the vorager prime from the frist 2007 movie hooked in---- G1 deco :-?
Re: New Images of FP G3 Trailer and D.I.A. Commander sets (931468)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 3rd, 2009 @ 4:07pm CDT
That looks sharp.
Re: New Images of FP G3 Trailer and D.I.A. Commander sets (931488)
Posted by SentinelA on June 3rd, 2009 @ 4:48pm CDT
Re: New Images of FP G3 Trailer and D.I.A. Commander sets (931603)
Posted by DevastaTTor on June 3rd, 2009 @ 9:08pm CDT
SentinelA wrote:I actually like it. I like it alot more than the other trailer. Might order it if it's not ridicullously priced.

It's 80 bucks US. Not too horrible.
Re: New Images of FP G3 Trailer and D.I.A. Commander sets (931722)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 4th, 2009 @ 4:03am CDT
kirbenvost wrote:

Nah. Fansproject's other trailer is probably more worth it.

C'mon guys seriously how can you not dig this piece compared to the other not so impressive trailer? It would have been cooler if the weopans had more detail than just chrome. But that mirror effect is cool. I think it's intended to be a type of camouflage as it disappears from sight...you know like on the G1 series? Now we know why the MF was always out of sight when Prime would transform....ooooo magic trailer!! B-)
Re: New Images of FP G3 Trailer and D.I.A. Commander sets (932735)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 6th, 2009 @ 5:31am CDT
It's cool but I like my other 'not so impressive trailer' just fine. ;)

Mostly, anyway, if the QC was better. Still, it's money I don't regret spending. I like the looks of the BTS Trailer.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Timelines #3 Botcon 2008 Shattered Glass VF/NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Starscream 9" Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Robots i Disguise animated toy lot Bumblebee Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Factory TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee And Optimus Prime Plush" on EBAY