New Images of G2 2010 Dreadwing and Smokescreen

Transformers News: New Images of G2 2010 Dreadwing and Smokescreen

Sunday, July 18th, 2010 6:06PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 29,225

The International Tokyo Toy Show of 2010 was quite busy this week, so unfortunately the Generation Two Dreadwing and Smokescreen set was sold out! Fortunately though, Japanese resident and TFW2005 member Masabon was able to snag a set and has taken a nice gallery of the toys. Dreadwing is a repaint of ROTF Mindwipe, and Smokescreen is a repaint of ROTF Skystalker. They homage the Generation Two characters of the same name. Both even sport Generation Two logos! Check them out below.

Feel free to check out the rest of the gallery over at TFW2005.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers toy news on the net!
Credit(s): Masabon

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Images of G2 2010 Dreadwing and Smokescreen (1099789)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on July 18th, 2010 @ 6:43pm CDT
I hate the movie aesthetic and I think these are gorgeous. Could just be my love of G2 though...
Re: New Images of G2 2010 Dreadwing and Smokescreen (1099849)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 18th, 2010 @ 8:14pm CDT
I wanted to be more impressed. I wasn't.

They are alright, but for the heavy import, and exclusive fees, I'm fine without them.

I know, I know, some will say your Redux G2 set is not complete without them. Oh well.
Re: New Images of G2 2010 Dreadwing and Smokescreen (1099907)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on July 18th, 2010 @ 10:17pm CDT
I'd think about it if they get a US release. Otherwise, I'm happy with Prime, Megatron and BotCon Rapido. And Cindersaur, if he's a G2 Redux character...
Re: New Images of G2 2010 Dreadwing and Smokescreen (1099913)
Posted by omega666 on July 18th, 2010 @ 10:23pm CDT
I love the movie aesthetic but hate G2. These are a pass.
Re: New Images of G2 2010 Dreadwing and Smokescreen (1100060)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 19th, 2010 @ 7:37am CDT
:BOT:
Re: New Images of G2 2010 Dreadwing and Smokescreen (1100064)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 19th, 2010 @ 7:44am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:I don't understand this release. They barely resemble the source they're supposed to homage. No thanks. I skipped these guys for the movie line. I can certainly do it again.
:BOT:

It's the principle, dearie. The large plane + small plane combo was made famous by G2 Dreadwing and Smokescreen, and Mindwipe and Skystalker homage that princple. Nothing more.
Re: New Images of G2 2010 Dreadwing and Smokescreen (1100067)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 19th, 2010 @ 7:49am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
:BOT:

It was my understanding that we were both male. ;) Yeah I get the plane on a plane so they can fly while they fly thing. If that gimmick was enough to carry this though, I wouldn't have such a distaste for this release. Movie stuff as homages doesn't work IMO. It's just too, I dunno, technological. I know that doesn't really sound like it makes sense.
:BOT:
Re: New Images of G2 2010 Dreadwing and Smokescreen (1100073)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 19th, 2010 @ 7:56am CDT
If it were just the big plane/tiny plane thing, well, it was already homaged in the regular line.

With this set it is supposed to be the colors too. The blues are nice, but I believe there are purple, black, and yellow missing? I haven't looked at my packaged set in ages.

But anyway, the color is supposed to be the kicker of this set, and that they are sold together. I think the G2 symbols are a nice touch though, but the color as the seller needed some work.
Re: New Images of G2 2010 Dreadwing and Smokescreen (1100159)
Posted by Yzz on July 19th, 2010 @ 11:54am CDT

~~Yzz
Re: New Images of G2 2010 Dreadwing and Smokescreen (1100179)
Posted by Blurrz on July 19th, 2010 @ 1:03pm CDT
Yzz wrote:I'll pick it up if it gets a US retail release. As a matter of fact, I was already planning to repaint some movie toys into G2 characters.

~~Yzz

[color=teal]
Not happening, Japanese exclusives remain exclusives. [/color]
Re: New Images of G2 2010 Dreadwing and Smokescreen (1100183)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on July 19th, 2010 @ 1:05pm CDT
It's great to see the G2 love this year, but all that exclusivness has priced me out of buying any :sad:

Shame, as it seems the designers have actually put some thought into these.
Re: New Images of G2 2010 Dreadwing and Smokescreen (1100207)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 19th, 2010 @ 1:59pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:

~~Yzz

[color=teal]
Not happening, Japanese exclusives remain exclusives. [/color]

Lawson's Movie Premium Blackout and Galaxy Force DVD Excellion are paging you to the OR.

(and actually, the Movie Fallen Target/Wonderfest exclusive is a good indication that perhaps some of these exclusives that "make sense" are becoming shared exclusives.)
Re: New Images of G2 2010 Dreadwing and Smokescreen (1100211)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on July 19th, 2010 @ 2:10pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
Blurrz wrote:

~~Yzz

[color=teal]
Not happening, Japanese exclusives remain exclusives. [/color]

Although, DVD Exillion and Cybertron Excellion do share a similar paint scheme, there are also radical difference, like DVD's brown-red paint, the differences of clear colors, the hood decorations, and so on. But, I get what you're saying.

Now Lawson Blackout is just a straight up smack in the face to whomever shelled out for one.
Re: New Images of G2 2010 Dreadwing and Smokescreen (1100215)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 19th, 2010 @ 2:17pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
Blurrz wrote:

~~Yzz

[color=teal]
Not happening, Japanese exclusives remain exclusives. [/color]

Perhaps..."radical" is a bit strong a word choice in this instance?

I know they're different but still...
Re: New Images of G2 2010 Dreadwing and Smokescreen (1100219)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on July 19th, 2010 @ 2:22pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
Blurrz wrote:

~~Yzz

[color=teal]
Not happening, Japanese exclusives remain exclusives. [/color]

Perhaps..."radical" is a bit strong a word choice in this instance?

I know they're different but still...

Maybe, but my point is that the de-exclusiving of figures is rarely a perfect match, and often has noticeable paint differences. With the exception of them being red versions of the same mold, the E cars have only a few matching paint applications.
Re: New Images of G2 2010 Dreadwing and Smokescreen (1100224)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on July 19th, 2010 @ 2:32pm CDT
While it was a good use of the mold, they don't really strike me as DreadWing and SmokeScreen :/
Maybe if they had've changed MindWipe's head...

Ending Soon On eBay

TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS AOE EXPO EXCLUSIVE NEMESIS GRIMLOCK MOVIE ADVANCED TOY - Time Remaining: 7 days 1 hour 59 minutes 59 seconds
SCORN Transformers The Last Knight Voyager Class Premier Edition 2017 - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 1 minute
Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TED-18 Big Drift Action Figure from Japan F/S - Time Remaining: 1 day 9 hours 6 minutes 56 seconds
SDCC 2017 Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Optimus Prime Burning Rubber - Time Remaining: 4 days 21 hours 15 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon Mechtech   Darksteel Figure Deluxe Class 2011 - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 17 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Starscream G-1 LEADER CLASS Generations classics - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 18 minutes 34 seconds
2 PLAYSKOOL HEROES TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLURR & MORBOT ACTION FIGURES NIP - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 19 minutes 26 seconds
NEW HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS VOYAGER ROADBUSTER ACTION FIGURE THRILLING - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 25 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017