New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead

New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead

Friday, July 23rd, 2010 8:36pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 57,906

Third party toy maker Headrobots has updated their website with new images of their upcoming upgrade set for the ROTF Masters of Metalikato two pack featuring Bludgeon and Whirl, repaints of Wreckage and Blackout respectively. These new pictures give us a detailed look at both the new heads and the weapons for each figure. The Bludgeon head features a flip around gimmick similar to Masterpiece Starscream's giving collectors the ability to choose between the classic or comic look. The figure's weapons and waist piece can apparently be reworked into a cannon add-on for the armored vehicle. For Whirl, the Gyro head upgrade gives the figure an instant G1 makeover and his weapons convert to side mounted guns and stabilizers for the helicopter mode.

No details yet on when we can expect them to release this set.

To see all the images of the Gyro/Blood upgrade on Headrobot's site, click HERE

Headrobots has also posted a handful of updated pictures of the Hothead upgrade, giving a clearer look at the soon-to-be released set.

Credit(s): Headrobots

This article was last modified on Saturday, July 24th, 2010 1:01am CDT

Re: New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead (1102386)
Posted by Swiftpaw on July 23rd, 2010 @ 8:43pm CDT
Re: New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead (1102403)
Posted by Mkall on July 23rd, 2010 @ 9:36pm CDT
Swiftpaw wrote:Wonder if they'll be selling these seperately and/or in a set... More interested in the Whirl stuff than Bludgeon's since I got his voyager version.

Me too, though I may get the Bludgeon set for that cannon.
Re: New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead (1102407)
Posted by DevastaTTor on July 23rd, 2010 @ 9:44pm CDT
Re: New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead (1102472)
Posted by zer0das on July 24th, 2010 @ 1:28am CDT
By far, HeadRobots trumps the ROTF "Bugeyes" Bludgeon.

This is too cool. :CON:
Re: New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead (1102504)
Posted by --B-- on July 24th, 2010 @ 5:41am CDT
I picked up the Masters of Metallako set at TRU during the sale, he was already on clearance so I got the set for 9 bucks.

all three look awesome, hopefully the quality will be worth the price.
Re: New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead (1102524)
Posted by Scaleface on July 24th, 2010 @ 6:59am CDT
Problem is this version of Bludgeon is supposed to look like the INNER robot, not the shell. He already has an inner robot accurate head! The weapons are a good add on, but the head is not right. I'd buy the set without the head.

I mean compare G1 Bludgeon's head with that of the Deluxe movie toys. It's pretty close.

G1 Bludgeon's head:

Movie Deluxe Bludgeon's head:
Re: New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead (1102541)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on July 24th, 2010 @ 7:26am CDT
woah whirl looks like something out of armored core now :lol:
Re: New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead (1102598)
Posted by Covenant on July 24th, 2010 @ 10:18am CDT
YES! YES! YES! Now THERE'S a Bludgeon I can back! w00t!

And hell, that Whirl ain't bad either. Good thing I picked up that set for the helluva it. Was planning on selling it, but not now. Wonder how high the ebay prices will soar now. :D
Re: New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead (1102652)
Posted by Swiftpaw on July 24th, 2010 @ 11:56am CDT
DevastaTTor wrote:TRU had this set on sale last week. Maybe I need to pick it up. Worst case, I could sell if if I decide not to buy these. That Bludgeon upgrade is pretty cool though.

I'd picked this pack up on clearance a while back, mainly because I didn't have the remold version of Blackout that was used for Whirl, and the Wreckage mold is pretty neat on its own (and does look better in not-Arctic-Cameo I admit).. Hmm.. good point, that cannon would look nice on it even if you didn't change the heads.

I guess which head you like depends on which one you want to see, that's a good point that Wreckage's head does look more like the 'inner robot' head, while others are designed like the 'undead samurai' head of his pretender shell.
Re: New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead (1102671)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on July 24th, 2010 @ 12:39pm CDT
Really liking these guys. I'll be picking up Gyro, Blood, and Hothead. Bludgeon looks fantastic. I like Whirl, but giving him guns kind of kills the Metallako story.
Re: New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead (1102678)
Posted by REGIFISHY on July 24th, 2010 @ 1:08pm CDT
Kinda makes me wish I had the Master of metallikato set. #-o
Re: New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead (1102684)
Posted by Blurrz on July 24th, 2010 @ 1:15pm CDT
Re: New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead (1102688)
Posted by El Duque on July 24th, 2010 @ 1:32pm CDT
This convinces me go pick up one of those clearance Whirl/Bludgeon sets.
Re: New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead (1102692)
Posted by Covenant on July 24th, 2010 @ 1:38pm CDT
REGIFISHY wrote:Kinda makes me wish I had the Master of metallikato set. #-o

Find one while you can! Locally or online!

Seriously, with an upgrade kit like this you can expect that two-pack to disappear from bins & shelves, and online prices to jump shortly.
Re: New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead (1102705)
Posted by DevastaTTor on July 24th, 2010 @ 2:14pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:I knew these would be turning out to be cool, didn't think Blood would be so freaking awesome!

Agreed. I may pack up the ROTF version and put this one on the shelf instead.
Re: New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead (1102722)
Posted by Tirade on July 24th, 2010 @ 2:40pm CDT
Scaleface wrote:Problem is this version of Bludgeon is supposed to look like the INNER robot, not the shell. He alreadt has an inner robot accurate head! The weapons are a good add on, but the head is not right. I'd buy the set without the head.

G1 Bludgeon's head:

Movie Bludgeon's head:

I think the HeadRobots upgrade for Bludgeon gives him the best of both worlds. You can have him look like his Pretender Shell for robot mode, but can still keep the tank alternate mode.

Overall, I like the Blood upgrade parts. Unfortunately, I have ZERO interest in the Gyro side of the kit. That movie mold is awful. I'll bet they are only releasing parts for Whirl simply because he is packaged with that Bludgeon. They want to give customers more bang for their buck. Admirable, but utterly pointless.

A) He or she already has the Voyager Bludgeon.
B) Whirl's mold doesn't fit with the Classics style like Deluxe Bludgeon. A new head won't change the fact that Whirl uses a bad movie mold.
C) The price for the kit itself. I'm sure it will be reasonable, but I'll bet the kit will go for around $20. Some fans don't want to pay that for a few accessories and a couple of new heads.

EDIT: I wish HeadRobots would focus more on that Iguana HM or another HM related project. I'm far more interested in projects like that. Just look at the Hothead upgrade kit. Fans can't wait to get more info/pictures on that upgrade.
Re: New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead (1102741)
Posted by Covenant on July 24th, 2010 @ 3:31pm CDT
Tirade wrote:As for a potential price jump, I don't ever see this 2-pack going for more than $35 on the secondary market. The upgrade kit is nice, but almost every TRU is currently clogged with the set. Even if they do become more scarce, I just don't see the demand. The kit is nice, but rather unnecessary IMO. Most people will pass for a few reasons:

A) He or she already has the Voyager Bludgeon.

I said the same thing for the Energon-styled combiner set of RotF Bruticus. Sat on my local shelves for who knows how long. Fansprojects announces, next thing you know you can't find find the set within the DFW area. I got stuck paying a very inflated secondary price on that, so did many others. Prior to the Bruticus upgrade I had no interest in the set at all, something I wasn't alone in.

Other than that, let me offer that Voyager Bludgeon isn't some be-all. I rode the hype-train myself only to be severely disappointed, especially with the head mold of the toy. Probably going to be selling it off for whatever I can get next go around on ebay. Hell, Bludgeon's one of the shelfwarmers where I am nowadays. As to Whirl, the original Whirl was an oddball of design in the TF line so to speak, so I don't see the trouble with this take on the character. I know I dig the new look, and I'm more into the Classics/Universe/Generations than the movie items.

Just my two cents.
Re: New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead (1102743)
Posted by Tirade on July 24th, 2010 @ 3:40pm CDT
Covenant wrote:

A) He or she already has the Voyager Bludgeon.

Just my two cents.

Comparing this to RotF Bruticus is a bad comparison. FansProject has created 2 new transforming robots for the set. We aren't just talking about a couple of heads and a few accessories. Heck, I'd argue Bruticus is more iconic than either Whirl or Bludgeon. There is more of a following. To go even further, I think there is a huge following for combiners in general.

As for Voyager Bludgeon, I still think it fills the void for a Samurai Bludgeon. The Deluxe version (combined with this kit) is trying to fill an niche that is already full. Now if HeadRobots decided to release a new, G1 type head for the Voyager mold, the kit might sell somewhat better.

Also, if you are more into the CHUG stuff, then you will probably not like Whirl. He uses Movie Blackout's mold. That is the definition of a movie styled TF. There are not many Classic aspects to him. Giving him a new head and weapons doesn't alter a bad mold.

These kits are nice, but will never rival the demand for FP's Bruticus upgrade, FP's Ultra Magnus upgrade or FP's upcoming Protector set. There justn't isn't that much to this Gryo and Blood upgrade.
Re: New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead (1102758)
Posted by Scaleface on July 24th, 2010 @ 4:08pm CDT
Tirade wrote:

Why would I want a custom that looks like half of one toy, and half of another?

I just need to figure out how to combine the two toys (Deluxer and Voyager) into one big robot now!

BTW - The inner Bludgeon robot had a handgun. Where is that?

Re: New Images of Headrobots Gyro, Blood, & Hothead (1102765)
Posted by Tirade on July 24th, 2010 @ 4:13pm CDT
Scaleface wrote:
Tirade wrote:

Why would I want a custom that looks like half of one toy, and half of another?

BTW - The inner Bludgeon robot had a handgun. Where is that?

If you want to get technical, Voyager Bludgeon is half of one toy and half of another as well. The shell itself never had an alt mode. Just saying.

As for the hand gun, I could not care less. I'd rather have him with swords and daggers. Guns don't seem to fit his character.

EDIT: I don't see the problem in meshing the inner robot look with his shell look. Bludgeon fans recognize his outer shell look. Might as well keep those aesthetics.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Bundle Rare, Medix, Blades And Blurr Morbot Job Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots High tide Boat and figure complete Hightide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chief Charlie Burns Rescue Cutter Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Cloudraker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Outback" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron Shining Bumblebee Targetmaster Gun Minicon" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS CODY BURNS Figure, Rescue Axe Variant 2011." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Overbite Takara Tomy Piranacon Seacon" on EBAY