New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk

New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk

Friday, August 27th, 2010 8:08pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 68,250

To some, he's the spitting image of Armada Deluxe Cyclonus. An Autobot, Hunt for the Decepticons Tomahawk is a Deluxe Wave 3 release, alongside Electrostatic Jolt and Terradive - You'll find the wave in your local retail shortly. Thanks to TF-BBS, we've got some up close images of the figure. You'll find glimpses at his robot mode and helicopter alternate mode below!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers toy news on the net!

Credit(s): TF-BBS

Re: New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk (1118378)
Posted by PhunkJunkion on August 27th, 2010 @ 8:18pm CDT
I will be buying.
Re: New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk (1118379)
Posted by Skyfire77 on August 27th, 2010 @ 8:25pm CDT
PhunkJunkion wrote:I will be buying.

Dittos.
Re: New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk (1118380)
Posted by synthetik on August 27th, 2010 @ 8:25pm CDT
Yum
Re: New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk (1118384)
Posted by Autobot Strider on August 27th, 2010 @ 8:34pm CDT

Thanks!
Re: New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk (1118393)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 27th, 2010 @ 8:44pm CDT
Mindmaster's Dad when he gets excited about something wrote:Oooh hoo hoooo!

Well said, father. Well said indeed.

Move over, Armada Cyclonus, meet your new unofficial Generations self. Now all I need is the new Hot Shot mold... Missed out on it, and still pretty pissed about it. :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk (1118398)
Posted by Valandar on August 27th, 2010 @ 8:48pm CDT
I can't wait for a new head, and a repaint into Generations Whirl, meself...
Re: New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk (1118399)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 27th, 2010 @ 8:48pm CDT
Autobot Strider wrote:This may be a stupid question, but what kind of helicopter is he? A friend of mine is a big aviation nut as well as casual TF collector, so if I tell him "Hey, there's this awesome new helicopter TF out there" he'll want to know what type it is. My guess would be an Apache, but I would appreciate it if someone could confirm that for me.

Thanks!

The design of the front looks very Apache-ish, so I'd go with an Apache alt. mode. And don't worry, there's no such things as stupid questions. Ok, there was that one, but other than that, there are no such things as stupid questions.
Re: New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk (1118403)
Posted by Blurrz on August 27th, 2010 @ 8:51pm CDT

Thanks!

Re: New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk (1118407)
Posted by Slayershoop on August 27th, 2010 @ 8:57pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

Thanks!

He looks like a mix of at least five different designs:
The ADH-02 from the Patlabor 2 movie: http://www.heldenshop.de/images/tobias1/1017gfdgfdogogogoggggg.jpg

The Apache of course

The Russian MI-24 Hind http://www.enemyforces.net/helicopters/mi24-2.jpg

The KA 50 http://www.richard-seaman.com/Wallpaper/Aircraft/Helicopters/Russian/Ka50TopView1oClock_1.jpg

and the Comanche http://archiwum.wiz.pl/images/duze/1998/03/98032104.JPG
Re: New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk (1118410)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on August 27th, 2010 @ 9:02pm CDT
Ok I REALLY like this guy and will buy one on sight.
Re: New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk (1118457)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 27th, 2010 @ 11:40pm CDT
Slayershoop wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Thanks!

He looks like a mix of at least five different designs:

The Apache of course

The Russian MI-24 Hind http://www.enemyforces.net/helicopters/mi24-2.jpg

and the Comanche http://archiwum.wiz.pl/images/duze/1998/03/98032104.JPG

Meh, what do I know, I'm only in 9th grade, don't know THAT much. :lol:
Re: New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk (1118459)
Posted by First-Aid on August 27th, 2010 @ 11:51pm CDT
IMHO this is the best Helicopter Transformer mold ever. I'm seriously thinking about getting a couple and trying my hand at a homemade repaint...it's crazy how much like Armada Cyclonus this looks that I may just have to give it a shot...

...granted it'll suck, I'll get mad, and blow it up with an M80, but still it's worth a shot...
Re: New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk (1118494)
Posted by DMSL on August 28th, 2010 @ 3:57am CDT
Silver Autobot logos, gold Decepticon logos /sigh

Hasbro please go back to using red and purple.

The figure looks very nice, don't quite like the bowl shaped head but the rest looks very neat. The missiles are a big nuisance, why did they have to be so freaking long.
Re: New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk (1118495)
Posted by Mykltron on August 28th, 2010 @ 4:14am CDT
DMSL wrote: The missiles are a big nuisance, why did they have to be so freaking long.

That does seem odd. It looks like you could chop the ends off with wire cutters and not stop them working.
Re: New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk (1118505)
Posted by Dai_Ceefax on August 28th, 2010 @ 5:54am CDT
Re: New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk (1118507)
Posted by StryderPrime on August 28th, 2010 @ 6:11am CDT
its about freakin time with the pix on this guy. I want this guy more then terradive even tho i getting them both. My preoder cant get here any faster

Dai_Ceefax wrote:I''m loving his resemblance to everyone's favourite monster hunter: Cybertron Crosswise, and calling an Apache-style helicopter Tomahawk is kinda hilarious - oh Hasbro, you and your racial stereotypes...

I glad i not the only one that see a resemblance to Cybertron Crosswise and like I say in a past forum on here....Tomahawk, Crosswise, and ROTF Brawn will be display 2gether as my Autobot Swat Team
Re: New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk (1118513)
Posted by Nightscreech on August 28th, 2010 @ 6:45am CDT
this looks really cool... im actually a bit more impressed with this then i am of the terradive pics. If i see it i have a feeling it shall be coming home with me.
Re: New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk (1118519)
Posted by dragons on August 28th, 2010 @ 7:07am CDT
:lol: looks like airwolf is coming back as airwolf 2.0 like they did to kitt when he was trasnformed into mustang car i shouldnt laugh i liked airwolf show same as kitt very bulkky on bottom of copter mode nothing you do about tha much hate the head very much looks like football player, or helicopter pilot with its helmet on i buiy on sight but not likeing head to much if theres repaint of this guy with new head ill buy that to.

looks like hasbro is doing away with spring loaded misslies maybe because "qoute " there safe enough prime smoekstacks for example who knows how hasbro operates sometimes as trasnfromers collector we may have to get use to this if its ture.

:lol: its almost funny hasbro try to make transfromers safe for kids but gijoe is more dangouers than trasnfromers little plastic guns, swords, ninja stars, hlemets

Re: New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk (1118524)
Posted by Skyfire77 on August 28th, 2010 @ 7:26am CDT
Mykltron wrote:

Best guess? Same reason the missiles on the reissue Seekers were enlarged: toy safety laws prohibit "choking hazards", so they make them too long to swallow.
Re: New Images of HFTD Deluxe Tomahawk (1118527)
Posted by DreadwindsGhost on August 28th, 2010 @ 7:35am CDT
Yes, I'll be getting this.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Seige War For Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro Chromia Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 52 Deluxe Arcee Chromia Elita 1 Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Universe Ratchet COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Timelines Universe Ironhide w/ weapon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Autobody Roadbuster SEALED " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS KINGDOM WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY BLACKARCHNIA FIGURE NEW IN HAND." on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS KINGDOM WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY CHEETOR ACTION FIGURE NEW IN HAND" on EBAY