New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head

New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head

Tuesday, December 28th, 2010 2:04pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 99,683

Thanks to Seibertron.com member El Duque for letting us know that third party toymaker iGear Toys has updated their Facebook page with new pictures of the replacement head they're creating for the upcoming Hasbro Generations and Takara Tomy United Kup figure (aka Sergeant Kup). This head, which appears to be a quick swap with the production version, features a more comic-styled look to it including his signature "cygar". Some would also argue that it better captures the gruff nature and battle worn look of the elder Autobot warrior. No word yet on when this accessory will be released or whether it will be an exclusive on the iGear online store or available from our sponsors. When we know more about this product, we'll let you know!

The images below are mirrored from the iGear Facebook page.

Credit(s): iGear Toys, El Duque

Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162906)
Posted by DevastaTTor on December 28th, 2010 @ 2:06pm CST
Nice! If this isn't too expensive, is colored accurately for the US release, and is available at a sponsor site, I'll definitely get it.
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162907)
Posted by ninoslow on December 28th, 2010 @ 2:10pm CST
nice head with a Cygar i will gone get him , when i see him in store

i liked with that head also nice, i cant wait for get it , nice
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162908)
Posted by Captziltoid on December 28th, 2010 @ 2:14pm CST
thats sooo epic although my stupid brain cant get "PARKER" out of my mind when i see him.
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162913)
Posted by Astronopolis on December 28th, 2010 @ 2:45pm CST
K Konah Kuperson lol. i like it but it makes me think of Logan/Wolverine rather than Kup from the movie and season 3. if im unhappy with kups standard head in hand then maybe ill pull the trigger.
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162939)
Posted by craggy on December 28th, 2010 @ 4:07pm CST
more like Kup Fury: Agent of SHIELD to me, but I like it, yes.
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162941)
Posted by phoenix88 on December 28th, 2010 @ 4:11pm CST
as has been said by others and by me. if its not expensive like crazydevy, i'll get it. I dont mind the head hasbro gave Kup, but this is too nice not to get. i await preorder and $ info
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162946)
Posted by First-Aid on December 28th, 2010 @ 4:26pm CST
"I love it when a plan comes together..."
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162954)
Posted by craggy on December 28th, 2010 @ 5:21pm CST
First-Aid wrote:"I love it when a plan comes together..."

MP Grimlock as BA, Wreck-Gar as Murdock and...Tracks (?) as Face. I like it!
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162967)
Posted by King Slick on December 28th, 2010 @ 5:56pm CST
craggy wrote:
First-Aid wrote:"I love it when a plan comes together..."

MP Grimlock as BA, Wreck-Gar as Murdock and...Tracks (?) as Face. I like it!

That is a true A-Team.
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162976)
Posted by MGrotusque on December 28th, 2010 @ 6:17pm CST
craggy wrote:
First-Aid wrote:"I love it when a plan comes together..."

MP Grimlock as BA, Wreck-Gar as Murdock and...Tracks (?) as Face. I like it!

NOICE!
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162988)
Posted by sabrigami on December 28th, 2010 @ 7:06pm CST
Not so thrilled about it being a "yelly" face, but I can't argue with the quality of the sculpt. A vast Improvement over the Hasbro one. As long as it's not too pricey and can be bought at BBTS, I'm totally sold =P~
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162994)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 28th, 2010 @ 7:22pm CST
Kup as Hannibal? Fits nicely!
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162999)
Posted by Skyfire77 on December 28th, 2010 @ 7:39pm CST
craggy wrote:
First-Aid wrote:"I love it when a plan comes together..."

MP Grimlock as BA, Wreck-Gar as Murdock and...Tracks (?) as Face. I like it!

I would watch that movie. :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1163009)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on December 28th, 2010 @ 8:40pm CST
Ehh, its interesting but I'm quite happy with the original. I think they could have gone without the cigar/cygar but what the hell do I know. I am curious what they will be asking for this interesting piece and I wonder if the paint apps will be compatible with Generations or E-hobby Kup? And that touch on "Hannibal" is pretty damn funny...'nuff said :CON:
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1163015)
Posted by First-Aid on December 28th, 2010 @ 8:51pm CST
Skyfire77 wrote:
craggy wrote:
First-Aid wrote:"I love it when a plan comes together..."

MP Grimlock as BA, Wreck-Gar as Murdock and...Tracks (?) as Face. I like it!

I would watch that movie. :APPLAUSE:

Ok Photoshoppers! Your call to arms is now! Let's see what you can do!

...too bad there are really no GMC van TFs to repaint black and red...
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1163026)
Posted by Rated X on December 28th, 2010 @ 9:45pm CST
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1163046)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on December 28th, 2010 @ 10:28pm CST
That is amazing! This makes all of the difference for me. :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1163051)
Posted by El Duque on December 28th, 2010 @ 10:40pm CST
Rated X wrote:These comic book writers come up with some bizzare stuff. Maybe if it was like a blunt it would have made a cool gag novelty.

There's actually a really good in story reason for him to constantly be chomping on that cygar. The first time I saw him with it I thought it was silly, but after reading the back story it makes sense and makes for a really cool plot device.
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1163054)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on December 28th, 2010 @ 10:45pm CST
El Duque wrote:

This.
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1163055)
Posted by tallsbot on December 28th, 2010 @ 10:45pm CST
While the head looks nice and is sure to be a great collectors item, with these third party companies making tf products, one has to wonder if the probable creator of this version of Kup's head, Nick Roche, is getting paid for this? I really doubt so. If he were, it'd be a wonderful thing that would encourage creators of the tf brand to continue to be more creative rather than making it without going through the proper channels. While the 3rd party products are really exciting and interesting, one has to wonder if there has to be a better way?

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Sergeant Kup & Flintrock MLC" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG 45 Hot Rod Headmasters Targetmaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends LG-46 Kup W/ Targetmaster Complete U.S. Seller" on EBAY
Buy "LOT Transformers Megatron, Galvatron, EX-11 Evil Lord, Sky Shadow, Titans Return" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O lot of 7 Sets Sealed Megatron Bumblebee Prowl Mirage Jazz" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Leader Sky Lynx in box." on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN DIAC & OPTIMUS PRIME FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Lot Grotusque Repugnus Twinferno Scorponok Prime Wars" on EBAY