New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head

Transformers News: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head

Tuesday, December 28th, 2010 2:04PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 89,704

Thanks to Seibertron.com member El Duque for letting us know that third party toymaker iGear Toys has updated their Facebook page with new pictures of the replacement head they're creating for the upcoming Hasbro Generations and Takara Tomy United Kup figure (aka Sergeant Kup). This head, which appears to be a quick swap with the production version, features a more comic-styled look to it including his signature "cygar". Some would also argue that it better captures the gruff nature and battle worn look of the elder Autobot warrior. No word yet on when this accessory will be released or whether it will be an exclusive on the iGear online store or available from our sponsors. When we know more about this product, we'll let you know!

The images below are mirrored from the iGear Facebook page.

Credit(s): iGear Toys, El Duque
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162906)
Posted by DevastaTTor on December 28th, 2010 @ 2:06pm CST
Nice! If this isn't too expensive, is colored accurately for the US release, and is available at a sponsor site, I'll definitely get it.
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162907)
Posted by ninoslow on December 28th, 2010 @ 2:10pm CST
nice head with a Cygar i will gone get him , when i see him in store

i liked with that head also nice, i cant wait for get it , nice
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162908)
Posted by Captziltoid on December 28th, 2010 @ 2:14pm CST
thats sooo epic although my stupid brain cant get "PARKER" out of my mind when i see him.
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162913)
Posted by Astronopolis on December 28th, 2010 @ 2:45pm CST
K Konah Kuperson lol. i like it but it makes me think of Logan/Wolverine rather than Kup from the movie and season 3. if im unhappy with kups standard head in hand then maybe ill pull the trigger.
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162939)
Posted by craggy on December 28th, 2010 @ 4:07pm CST
more like Kup Fury: Agent of SHIELD to me, but I like it, yes.
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162941)
Posted by phoenix88 on December 28th, 2010 @ 4:11pm CST
as has been said by others and by me. if its not expensive like crazydevy, i'll get it. I dont mind the head hasbro gave Kup, but this is too nice not to get. i await preorder and $ info
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162946)
Posted by First-Aid on December 28th, 2010 @ 4:26pm CST
"I love it when a plan comes together..."
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162954)
Posted by craggy on December 28th, 2010 @ 5:21pm CST
First-Aid wrote:"I love it when a plan comes together..."

MP Grimlock as BA, Wreck-Gar as Murdock and...Tracks (?) as Face. I like it!
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162967)
Posted by King Slick on December 28th, 2010 @ 5:56pm CST
craggy wrote:
First-Aid wrote:"I love it when a plan comes together..."

MP Grimlock as BA, Wreck-Gar as Murdock and...Tracks (?) as Face. I like it!

That is a true A-Team.
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162976)
Posted by MGrotusque on December 28th, 2010 @ 6:17pm CST
craggy wrote:
First-Aid wrote:"I love it when a plan comes together..."

MP Grimlock as BA, Wreck-Gar as Murdock and...Tracks (?) as Face. I like it!

NOICE!
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162988)
Posted by sabrigami on December 28th, 2010 @ 7:06pm CST
Not so thrilled about it being a "yelly" face, but I can't argue with the quality of the sculpt. A vast Improvement over the Hasbro one. As long as it's not too pricey and can be bought at BBTS, I'm totally sold =P~
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162994)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 28th, 2010 @ 7:22pm CST
Kup as Hannibal? Fits nicely!
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1162999)
Posted by Skyfire77 on December 28th, 2010 @ 7:39pm CST
craggy wrote:
First-Aid wrote:"I love it when a plan comes together..."

MP Grimlock as BA, Wreck-Gar as Murdock and...Tracks (?) as Face. I like it!

I would watch that movie. :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1163009)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on December 28th, 2010 @ 8:40pm CST
Ehh, its interesting but I'm quite happy with the original. I think they could have gone without the cigar/cygar but what the hell do I know. I am curious what they will be asking for this interesting piece and I wonder if the paint apps will be compatible with Generations or E-hobby Kup? And that touch on "Hannibal" is pretty damn funny...'nuff said :CON:
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1163015)
Posted by First-Aid on December 28th, 2010 @ 8:51pm CST
Skyfire77 wrote:
craggy wrote:
First-Aid wrote:"I love it when a plan comes together..."

MP Grimlock as BA, Wreck-Gar as Murdock and...Tracks (?) as Face. I like it!

I would watch that movie. :APPLAUSE:

Ok Photoshoppers! Your call to arms is now! Let's see what you can do!

...too bad there are really no GMC van TFs to repaint black and red...
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1163026)
Posted by Rated X on December 28th, 2010 @ 9:45pm CST
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1163046)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on December 28th, 2010 @ 10:28pm CST
That is amazing! This makes all of the difference for me. :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1163051)
Posted by El Duque on December 28th, 2010 @ 10:40pm CST
Rated X wrote:These comic book writers come up with some bizzare stuff. Maybe if it was like a blunt it would have made a cool gag novelty.

There's actually a really good in story reason for him to constantly be chomping on that cygar. The first time I saw him with it I thought it was silly, but after reading the back story it makes sense and makes for a really cool plot device.
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1163054)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on December 28th, 2010 @ 10:45pm CST
El Duque wrote:

This.
Re: New Images of iGear's "Cygar" Kup Replacement Head (1163055)
Posted by tallsbot on December 28th, 2010 @ 10:45pm CST
While the head looks nice and is sure to be a great collectors item, with these third party companies making tf products, one has to wonder if the probable creator of this version of Kup's head, Nick Roche, is getting paid for this? I really doubt so. If he were, it'd be a wonderful thing that would encourage creators of the tf brand to continue to be more creative rather than making it without going through the proper channels. While the 3rd party products are really exciting and interesting, one has to wonder if there has to be a better way?

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS ROTF MOVIE LEADER BUSTER OPTIMUS PRIME METALLIC CHROME TAKARA MINT - Time Remaining: 2 days 20 hours 59 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers Henkei Jetfire Asia Exclusive Takara Tomy 100% Authentic Mint New - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 13 minutes 16 seconds
100% GenuineTakara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-09 UW-EX Lynx Master Sky Reign - Time Remaining: 3 days 18 hours 15 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Adventure TAV61 Optimus Prime Micron super combined set MISB - Time Remaining: 25 days 11 hours 29 minutes 50 seconds
Vintage 1987 Hasbro G1 Transformers Hun-Grrr Terrorcon Abominus leader Gun Fist - Time Remaining: 3 days 23 hours 7 minutes 2 seconds
TRANSFORMERS HASBRO Quake no box TITANS RETURN rare - Time Remaining: 25 days 23 hours 8 minutes 56 seconds
TRANSFORMERS PRIME FIRST EDITION DARK GUARD OPTIMUS PRIME VOYAGER LIMITED BLACK - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 13 minutes 28 seconds
TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN BRAINSTORM/AUTO-BOT TESLOR ACTION FIGURES NEW ON CARD - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 22 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #174 - Autobot Jedi Newtypes