Transformers News: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Give a Good Look at Where Scavenger's Treads Go

Sunday, August 25th, 2019 10:09PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 28,522

Aside from when, where, and how much, the main question asked after Hasbro revealed their latest Transformers Studio Series toys at Fan Expo 2019 was "where do Scavenger's threads go in alt mode?". Well, thanks to Victinoko who reached out to us with some images they took, we now know. The big treads we see in robot mode are within the alt mode, int he centre. They are very obvious with a view of the toy from the top. We have other images, one being of Shockwave from the top which is far from obvious (granted, he never did Transform in the movies). There has been a big discussion on retools here since some parts are shared among the toys, however please remember that with recent examples, like Titans Return Blur and Chromedome, sharing a common piece does not mean that a toy can't also be a unique experience all the same. With advanced toy making techniques and basing some toys on a similar CAD model, it may be time to retire the conception of retool, at least pertaining to examples like the leader Shockwave and voyager Megatron found below.

Let us know if you are excited for these toys!

Transformers News: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Gives a Good Look at Where the Demolishor Threads Go

Re: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Give a Good Look at Where Scavenger's Treads Go (2035821)
Posted by william-james88 on August 25th, 2019 @ 10:14pm CDT
Unicron Magnus wrote:Picked up the KSI Boss, and I think I lost the QC lottery as hard as possible. Nothing actually pegs together. Not sure if it's misassembled, or extremely terrible tolerances. The wing panels were even bent when I unfolded them. I wish Hasbro/Takara went back to packaging TFs in vehicle mode, it'd probably prevent things like this. I really wanted to like this figure, and I would, if not for seeming to get the worst possible copy. One of the only TFs I've returned. :(

I think what you are noticing are problems with the mold in general, albeit a bit extreame. The initial release was plagued with problems too. Pieces fall off of everyone's. I know Kanrabat had a terrible experience with Nitro Zeus. He returned his too. The wings are made of a thin plastic and there being lots of parts, there are many places where quality can be faulty. Sorry to hear about yours but sadly, it's not an isolated case.
Re: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Give a Good Look at Where Scavenger's Treads Go (2035824)
Posted by Randomhero on August 25th, 2019 @ 10:32pm CDT
I think I see where Devys head is now on mixmaster. Was driving me nuts
Re: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Give a Good Look at Where Scavenger's Treads Go (2035826)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 25th, 2019 @ 10:35pm CDT
Mixmaster's claws are sticking out from the back end of his vehicle mode. :P
Re: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Give a Good Look at Where Scavenger's Treads Go (2035829)
Posted by Archforce on August 25th, 2019 @ 10:42pm CDT
Re: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Give a Good Look at Where Scavenger's Treads Go (2035830)
Posted by william-james88 on August 25th, 2019 @ 10:49pm CDT
Archforce wrote:Wonder if there's any chance we'll see Scavenger redecoed as Demolisher (since Demolisher was the one who transformed into robot mode in RotF) and Rampage into Skipjack for a more movie-accurate yellow leg (not misassembled this time please)?

I think there's a fair chance. It's a memorable moment and there arent many leaders in this scale.

Just curious of something though, are they the same sized vehicles? Like while they look the same, are we sure they are the same? Demolisher looks way bigger than this Scavenger, according to movie scale.
Re: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Give a Good Look at Where Scavenger's Treads Go (2035831)
Posted by Archforce on August 25th, 2019 @ 11:03pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Yeah, RotF concept IDs the Wheelbot design used for both Scavenger and Demolisher (whose unique color scheme seems to have been a last-minute change, judging by the merch and concept art that used Scavenger's colors) as transforming into a Terex RH400s. I'd surmise that the scale was just messed up in the film proper and that actual figures of the two should be identical aside from deco.
Re: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Give a Good Look at Where Scavenger's Treads Go (2035832)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 25th, 2019 @ 11:12pm CDT

I had to look that up, and behold, the top of the waist ratchet is flipped. Nothing major in functionality, just looks for the bulldozer mode. Fixing it... nope, rivets. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Give a Good Look at Where Scavenger's Treads Go (2035833)
Posted by Archforce on August 25th, 2019 @ 11:15pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Right? It's one thing if you can just pop off a ball joint or unscrew something to fix a misassembly, but things like this sorta compromise my enjoyment of a figure because they're all forever imperfect and there's nothing we can do about it.
Re: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Give a Good Look at Where Scavenger's Treads Go (2035858)
Posted by MaverickPrime on August 26th, 2019 @ 10:18am CDT
That appears to be just one of the two wheels...and the treads are nowhere to be seen on the robot mode...My bet is that one of the big wheels is actually formed by the treads, you can kinda see them on the lower one
Re: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Give a Good Look at Where Scavenger's Treads Go (2035868)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on August 26th, 2019 @ 11:32am CDT
Out of the four big guys, I'm looking forward to Demolisher and Mixmaster the most. I really want Devastator on my Studio Series shelf. :D Megatron, sort of. I've felt his 2007 Leader-class toy was fairly underrated, got some undeserved hate. As for Shockwave, yeah. I've always been underwhelmed at best by his DOTM toy. I'm looking forward to a new one of him. Hopefully this one doesn't have a damned bicep curl like the first DOTM toy did. [-(
Re: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Give a Good Look at Where Scavenger's Treads Go (2035885)
Posted by Bucky on August 26th, 2019 @ 12:55pm CDT
Okay. These photos are pretty helpful. They’ve put me a little more at ease. If I had any lingering doubts on Shockwave and Scavenger, they’re all put to bed now. And what little there is of Mix shown here, is helping to reassure me some. I do have to keep reminding myself that he’s a Combiner, and odds are overwhelming that all SS Constructicons will stay in their combined form in the long run. I still have my RotF figures to stand out as individual on screen bots, and their redecos as extra fodder.

I’ll need to see some more of Megatron before I make up my mind. I don’t think he’ll be a “gotta have it,” but he may wind up being an in store impulse buy, or if I see him at a reduced price sometime down the line.
Re: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Give a Good Look at Where Scavenger's Treads Go (2035926)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 26th, 2019 @ 6:35pm CDT
Archforce wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I didn't even know that Rampage was misassembled. But looking at it, it doesn't bother me at all.

Pictures look nice! The constructicons look so gooooooooooooood!
Re: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Give a Good Look at Where Scavenger's Treads Go (2035930)
Posted by Victinoko on August 26th, 2019 @ 6:56pm CDT
The more I look at them the more I want them. As I saw them in person (and took these photos) I can say that they look gorgeous in person. Shockwave’s a beaut, Scavenger is an absolute unit, and I quite like Mixmaster. I’ve never been a fan of ‘07 Megs, but he still is stunning. Shame about the chest though. Am I the only one who wishes he had that weird prototype head the toys had instead?
Re: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Give a Good Look at Where Scavenger's Treads Go (2036090)
Posted by EagleBot13 on August 27th, 2019 @ 8:02pm CDT
Re: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Give a Good Look at Where Scavenger's Treads Go (2036091)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 27th, 2019 @ 8:17pm CDT
EagleBot13 wrote:Not sure if anyone else has noticed but Leader Shockwave is an extensive retool of Voyager DOTM Megatron. If you don't believe me look at the hips and the upper left arm.
Different molds can share the same parts. We don't know at this point if Shockwave is a retool or new mold.
Re: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Give a Good Look at Where Scavenger's Treads Go (2036118)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on August 28th, 2019 @ 9:55am CDT
I found DOTM Prime at the Target near my house, and I gotta say, it looks pretty nice. I still wish the weapons were painted and that the windows weren't painted over, but it definitely looks better in hand
Re: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Give a Good Look at Where Scavenger's Treads Go (2036119)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 28th, 2019 @ 10:19am CDT
Got Hightower today (and Siege Springer)

Such a strange lil Transformer but kinda charming. Can't really do much about his Devastator arm form until I find Scrapmetal. But yeah I like this lil t-rex armed dork.

EDEN40_W4AAX95T.jpg

EDEN5F7W4AAdaQm.jpg

EDEN5tWXYAU8yIv.jpg
Re: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Give a Good Look at Where Scavenger's Treads Go (2036167)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 28th, 2019 @ 6:56pm CDT
Damn Hightower looks great! Nice pics Carn!
Re: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Give a Good Look at Where Scavenger's Treads Go (2036411)
Posted by Black Hat on August 30th, 2019 @ 1:03pm CDT
Hightower is such a characterful dude, I want him a lot. I like the idea that out of all the Contructicons he's the one who enjoys building the most...but is sadly limited in his ability to do so by his puny arms.
Re: New Images of Latest Studio Series Reveals Give a Good Look at Where Scavenger's Treads Go (2036415)
Posted by Plutoniumboss on August 30th, 2019 @ 2:22pm CDT
Bit of a heads-up about Studio Jetfire, I left his axe in his hand overnight and when I went to transform him the next day the plastic had started to bind together. It took some careful persuasion to get it back out and it left behind some faint stress marks on the rim of the hand socket. Oddly, the same thing did not happen to his cane.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #230 - The Search for Convoy
"The Search for Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 15th, 2019

Buy "TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON Dark Of The Moon DOTM Cyberverse Commander Class Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Legion Arcee 100% Complete RID Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Bulkhead 100% Complete RID Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Cyberverse Commander Guzzle Complete DotM Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Wheeljack 100% Complete Hasbro 2010" on EBAY
Buy "2014 Transformers Generations 30th NIGHTBEAT IDW Comic series MIB" on EBAY
Buy "PLAYSKOOL HEROES TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS "HIGH TIDE" 3 1/2" ACTION FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS CYBERVERSE ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME & FUSION MACE MEGATRON" on EBAY